All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Downtown High School Update - Changes

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:16
Rosie wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 00:50 He just went downstairs. Wish all our pets could do that.
Cats and dogs do use stairs, escalators and elevators when they are called. Place a feeding bowl upstairs and tap it to get the option "call over". Dogs also go upstairs to play frisbee on a balcony :)
Dragons and fairies also use stairs, teleporters, etc.
ElsieD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ElsieD »

Are there any items in the in-game store for the teacup pigs? My piglet gets sooo unhappy quickly, yet at 4 minutes per pet or scratch, I simply haven't the time to spend up to 12 minutes getting him or her to happy. :-( Can they use the cat items? In real life, my pig can be walked as a dog does to go potty OR be trained to use a litter box. Surely they must eat! Lol.
==============================================================================
HFN: 1 East Oceanside
Spooky House: 3 West Oceanside
Teen Idol Mansion: 3 Bliss Drive.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

ElsieD wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 13:17 Are there any items in the in-game store for the teacup pigs? My piglet gets sooo unhappy quickly, yet at 4 minutes per pet or scratch, I simply haven't the time to spend up to 12 minutes getting him or her to happy. :-( Can they use the cat items? In real life, my pig can be walked as a dog does to go potty OR be trained to use a litter box. Surely they must eat! Lol.
I know. The poor piglet doesn't even get to eat. lol. Hopefully that will change soon.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There is a new update at the iOS app store - version 5.32.2.
According to the article at the Help Center it's supposed to be a hotfix for the graphic issues on iPhone 8 or 8+ running iOS11.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 09:16 There is a new update at the iOS app store - version 5.32.2.
According to the article at the Help Center it's supposed to be a hotfix for the graphic issues on iPhone 8 or 8+ running iOS11.
Thank you, Erin!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

Thanks, Erin! Was wondering what that update was.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

You're welcome!

The download was pretty quick. So far I didn't see any changes on my iPad (just like expected.)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
BarbSmith
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by BarbSmith »

telemwill wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 22:13
pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 19:58
telemwill wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:26
pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:11
telemwill wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 19:29
Since the number of lifepoints from pets seems very reduced, I don't know why we can't have more. Early on, the deer had a separate count from the other pets so you could have two of them plus two other pets. That was changed pretty quickly so it may have been unintended. But a crazy cat lady needs to be a possibility, especially with the cat pen we have that increases happiness. I tend to have lower numbers of pets because I hate it when they are unhappy. Unfortunately the pig takes five minutes or so to pet, and it took me 15 to completely fill his happiness meter. Not sure why he needs one, since he doesn't find treasure.

Ruth
Does their happiness affect the treasure dug up? I feel like I've had happy pets still giving me 1 S.
I don't think it affects the amount at all. I'm not sure if it affects frequency, but whenever I give pets attention that increases their happiness they usually run off and find treasure. I wish they would get rid of it completely. I would love to have a poodle puppy, but I don't want to have to spend 5 or 10 minutes everyday making it happy.
Puppies I find the easiest to keep happy! I just pick them up and put them down. That usually works for me!
Oh, wow! I thought I had to pet them. I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

Ruth
I'm confused, do we have to make pets happy? What's the down side if we don't? Everyone's mood gets reset in an Update anyway.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

BarbSmith wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 09:28
telemwill wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 22:13
pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 19:58
telemwill wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:26
pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:11

Does their happiness affect the treasure dug up? I feel like I've had happy pets still giving me 1 S.
I don't think it affects the amount at all. I'm not sure if it affects frequency, but whenever I give pets attention that increases their happiness they usually run off and find treasure. I wish they would get rid of it completely. I would love to have a poodle puppy, but I don't want to have to spend 5 or 10 minutes everyday making it happy.
Puppies I find the easiest to keep happy! I just pick them up and put them down. That usually works for me!
Oh, wow! I thought I had to pet them. I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

Ruth
I'm confused, do we have to make pets happy? What's the down side if we don't? Everyone's mood gets reset in an Update anyway.
You don't have to make them happy unless you're doing a hobby with a pet. I think it makes a difference then. The pet won't cooperate if they get very unhappy. (Or perhaps that has changed?) Making the pet happy just keeps you on the lot long enough that the pet is likely to find treasure.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Voldyslovechild
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Voldyslovechild »

So, If you you make a meal for your sims at the high school... they leave their plates in the hallway and refuse to clean it up.