[LIVE EVENT] Wedding Belles

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Wedding Belles

Post by Chelle23 »

I may have gone a little OTT with the middle section of my wedding venue. I did have the punch bowl out, but the table cloth didn't match the others, lol. :D
Attachments
20170729_171915.png
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Skyyskraper
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Skyyskraper »

Hey! As always, I was a tad late on the bandwagon for this event. I had only 10 days to complete it and- with only one 'Free SP spin' a day, I am a bit behind. I have 4 days and 10 hours to complete the event, and I still haven't unlocked everything! Also, I'm unable to pay for the items I have unlocked. It's quite frustrating, really.
Does anyone have any tips for me? I really want this wedding venue as I have been obsessively creating two specific couples to get married at this event. Any tips and tricks at all would be helpful!

{Side Note: Does it ever feel to anyone that these live events are just traps to get us to pay for more things? It's becoming increasingly annoying that EVERYTHING costs real money at some point.}
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Skyyskraper wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 17:51 Hey! As always, I was a tad late on the bandwagon for this event. I had only 10 days to complete it and- with only one 'Free SP spin' a day, I am a bit behind. I have 4 days and 10 hours to complete the event, and I still haven't unlocked everything! Also, I'm unable to pay for the items I have unlocked. It's quite frustrating, really.
Does anyone have any tips for me? I really want this wedding venue as I have been obsessively creating two specific couples to get married at this event. Any tips and tricks at all would be helpful!

{Side Note: Does it ever feel to anyone that these live events are just traps to get us to pay for more things? It's becoming increasingly annoying that EVERYTHING costs real money at some point.}
I find these events make me feel chained to the game. That's because you get more items when you use the shortest time period and get back to collect. Plus you want to get bonuses so that's checking back several times an hour if you can. Try and finish the daily goals if possible so you can get the free coins. I wait until goals reset before purchasing another item. That said, I'm not sure if I will finish. Sometimes real life is more important. I do love the new hairstyles I have purchased though, so whatever I get done is something I didn't have before. I still have the last two items to purchase, and they seem fairly pricey in terms of coins and materials.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ElsieD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ElsieD »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 13:43
Oscar wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 11:48 Thanks to 3 grasshoppers, I'm almost done as well - still haven't purchased the last thing though, as I'm unsure about one thing: Does buying the last bit and unlocking the venue automatically end the event? I'm still having 2 Sims working on refilling the glassware grinding station. That's something I want finished before accidentally cancelling those actions
I think it does, I waited until I refilled everything before I buyed everything. I'm building my wedding lot at the moment :)
I think this was my question as well. To be clear: Is the wedding venue a prize for purchasing all the items or must the venue be purchased with resources as well? I won't have enough SP or resources if I've got to purchase the venue as well. :(
==============================================================================
HFN: 1 East Oceanside
Spooky House: 3 West Oceanside
Teen Idol Mansion: 3 Bliss Drive.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ElsieD wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 00:15
I think this was my question as well. To be clear: Is the wedding venue a prize for purchasing all the items or must the venue be purchased with resources as well? I won't have enough SP or resources if I've got to purchase the venue as well. :(
The wedding venue is the prize for purchasing all of the other prize items. It does not cost resources itself.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Another one here who isn't going to manage to finish in time. I only have a few hours left and still haven't unlocked the last hairstyles or wedding outfits. Real life just hasn't allowed me to spend the required time babysitting the game. I would have liked the venue template but I wasn't so bothered about some of the other prizes like wedding cakes and the light and sound pack. I'll grab what I can before the time runs out.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
ElsieD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ElsieD »

mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 02:46
ElsieD wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 00:15
The wedding venue is the prize for purchasing all of the other prize items. It does not cost resources itself.
Thank you! I had just enough SP to complete the last purchase. I **really** wanted that lot. :lol:
==============================================================================
HFN: 1 East Oceanside
Spooky House: 3 West Oceanside
Teen Idol Mansion: 3 Bliss Drive.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I actually did finish it. I didn't think I would because I had a friend from out of town visiting, and I was doing 8 (or 8.5?) hour shifts until she had to leave. But I managed to get back to it this afternoon, collected barely enough glassware, and had some lucky spins for coins. It was pretty exciting to get it, but I hope we have a break for a day or two before the next event.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

telemwill wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 18:29 I find these events make me feel chained to the game. That's because you get more items when you use the shortest time period and get back to collect. Plus you want to get bonuses so that's checking back several times an hour if you can. Try and finish the daily goals if possible so you can get the free coins. I wait until goals reset before purchasing another item. That said, I'm not sure if I will finish. Sometimes real life is more important. I do love the new hairstyles I have purchased though, so whatever I get done is something I didn't have before. I still have the last two items to purchase, and they seem fairly pricey in terms of coins and materials.

Ruth
Yes, it's really pretty annoying. I haven't been able to complete any of these crafting events in a long time even though I feel that I play a lot. But there are always days when I can't check back every 2.5 hours or will forget about the game for several hours. This time I was short on glass and pottery and I always end up with too few coins because I have only gotten the three grasshoppers once and that was months ago in another event. The wedding venue wiould have been nice. I wish they would at least repeat these events.

After one of these events I usually don't feel like even opening the game for several days because they are so tiring.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

ICannot believe I finished this event with a day and more to spare, I have been so busy so haven't really babysat the game, however I kept checking in regularly enough to be able to get as many resources as I needed. Plus I've been quite lucky on the spin plant too. I am glad I managed to finish it as I hate not having done so on previous events in the past. Think it was better to have had more days and the event was more do-able, let's hope FM stay kind to us like that!
My venue is getting built now, I'm putting it on the lot by the castle on the island.