Dream Weddings Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Dream Weddings Update - Changes

Post by ilovethesims »

SKatF wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:06 For me, the problem with change in inventory (besides not knowing price until you place all owned items) is that you CAN'T purchase if you already own one. I have organized my inventory in a way that makes sense to me, and sometimes leave items there on purpose and but new. One example: I seasonally decorate some lots and keep "off season" items in inventory. If I need one for another lot, I'll buy it new. Or used to.
You can place one, then buy with the plus thingie :D
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

ilovethesims wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:33
SKatF wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:06 For me, the problem with change in inventory (besides not knowing price until you place all owned items) is that you CAN'T purchase if you already own one. I have organized my inventory in a way that makes sense to me, and sometimes leave items there on purpose and but new. One example: I seasonally decorate some lots and keep "off season" items in inventory. If I need one for another lot, I'll buy it new. Or used to.
And also see the price after tapping the duplication button and either confirm or cancel. :)
Attachments
IMG_1949.JPG
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Girlbits
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Girlbits »

I apologize if this isn't the thread to ask, but my game hasn't updated. Is there a way to force an update?
FB Chelsea Girlbits
HFN - 11 Westside
HH - 3 East Oceanside
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Girlbits wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 18:45 I apologize if this isn't the thread to ask, but my game hasn't updated. Is there a way to force an update?
It doesn't show as an update in your App Store or Google Play depending on your device? I know people have sometimes had to wait awhile for it to show up for Kindle and, I may be wrong, I don't think the Windows phone version is going to updated anymore. :?
Updated town info in profile
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:36
ilovethesims wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:33
And also see the price after tapping the duplication button and either confirm or cancel. :)
Thanks. Good ideas.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

There are some new daily tasks I haven't seen before (athough maybe they are from before and just haven't come up for me previously.

1) Buy a support column
2) Help some on at a professions workplace. (Had to finish all tasks for the customer before it completed, Worked with a non-specialized Sin.) Sorry, accidentally deleted screenshot of this one.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-19-16-20-04-1.png
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Hm.. so there are several items that can't be placed indoor/outdoor. Including some prizes from the wedding event.

So is it might not be a glitch, right? Because there's limitations for this new surprise.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I got a new (to me) message when I tried to place a crafting station and forgot I had an old one left over from last event. The find function could be handy if you forgot where you left a station.

The flashing icon in town view didn't show up for me once in a past event, and I had to search every lot from attic to cellar to find the missing station. Finally found it in a basement where I'd placed it for decoration; then I'd moved the family out and forgot all about it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-20-12-28-30-1.png
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I'm planning to build my wedding venue on a small lot actually, that big empty yard behing the building just looks awkward to me, I'm sure you creative people can think of some amazing solutions to fill it up but I just don't have any good ideas :D

And yeah weekly tasks have definitely been updated, unfortunately I don't have any screenshots because my game is currently in Italian because I'm trying to learn the language :D but I've got a task that required me to use massage table from the spa event and one on the aerobics mat
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

SKatF wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 17:15 I got a new (to me) message when I tried to place a crafting station and forgot I had an old one left over from last event. The find function could be handy if you forgot where you left a station.

The flashing icon in town view didn't show up for me once in a past event, and I had to search every lot from attic to cellar to find the missing station. Finally found it in a basement where I'd placed it for decoration; then I'd moved the family out and forgot all about it.
That's new to me too. I needed that capability back when the xylophone hobby came out because I couldn't remember where I put any of the 3.