All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Love is Blinds

Post by HanaV47 »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 14:48
HanaV47 wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 08:20 I'm pretty excited about these, based on previews videos. Kind of off topic, but I wonder why they only seem to use the woodworking and fashion designer hobbies for these events? (I feel like it's maybe because they are unlocked early and not limited in number, but my memory is vague and there could easily be other hobbies that fit those criteria.)
I mean they also used other hobbies plenty of times (fishing for rugs, survival for outdoor items, chocolatier, horse jumping, ice magic thingy... ) but these ones are probably the popular ones, probably because they are easier
You're right, I don't know how I forgot all of those. It might also just be that they try to fit the theme of what's being unlocked. New hairstyles/clothing is closest to fashion design and new furniture is closest to woodworking, and that covers almost everything we can get in the game.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

Don't know if it's just me, but I had to unlock the woodworking hobby and it happened a lot quicker than it did last time. It only took me one 5 hour selection to do all of 5 to 6. Expected more than that!
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

What a misleading ads. They make it seems like you can put an object in front of them, while in fact you cannot!

I hope they will fix this by the next update.
Attachments
IMG_0876.JPG
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 12:31 What a misleading ads. They make it seems like you can put an object in front of them, while in fact you cannot!

I made a picture "ads vs. sim's reality". You can't even place a rug next to the windows :roll: The other way around works. So, first place the wanted rugs, then the windows. (***)
Attachments
ads vs. sim's reality
ads vs. sim's reality
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 12:49
Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 12:31 What a misleading ads. They make it seems like you can put an object in front of them, while in fact you cannot!

I made a picture "ads vs. sim's reality". You can't even place a rug next to the windows :roll: The other way around works. So, first place the wanted rugs, then the windows. (***)
I'm so tired of them doing things in their ads that we can't actually do in the game! And using items/clothes we don't have. Our sims can't kiss on regular sofas like that and we don't have those white flowers in the game. I'm not going to begrudge them the camera angle because their ads wouldn't look too enticing if they didn't use that camera angle but clearly they can place items in front of the blinds so why can't we!?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I was unable to place outdoor furniture up against the outside of the new windows. Like Erin described with the rugs, if you have the furniture placed first, you can put the window next to it, but you can't place anything against the outside wall when the window is already there.

I think they've done it this way so sims can access them to open and close the curtains. But hopefully they change it, it makes them pretty much unusable if furniture can't fit in the room with them. Especially since they don't match any of the regular windows.

Curtains to go on top of existing windows would have been nicer, but might be one of those easier said than done things. Too many different window sizes and styles to have curtains fit to all of them properly. And there might be issues with stacking/intersecting so many things. Like imagine a window, a curtain, a dresser, and something on top of the dresser, all trying to fit in one square. I already get weird glitching sometimes when I have items in a corner with wraparound windows.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Sims don't need access to open and close windows, so they? There is no sim action when you click on them. It's like lights, we are the gods that turn them on and off.

I was also disappointed in the blinds. They look good, but when they are "closed" (down) you can totally see in from outside. Was thinking of using them in a bathroom, but after checking them out, decided not.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 01:59 Sims don't need access to open and close windows, so they? There is no sim action when you click on them. It's like lights, we are the gods that turn them on and off.
Oh, you're right. I thought they worked like the laundry items do, for some reason. Then there really isn't a good reason to not allow furniture up against them. Hopefully it's just an oversight, and they'll change it.

But if we compare them to the wall lights, you can't put anything in front of them either. That's always annoyed me.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 02:15
SKatF wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 01:59 Sims don't need access to open and close windows, so they? There is no sim action when you click on them. It's like lights, we are the gods that turn them on and off.
Oh, you're right. I thought they worked like the laundry items do, for some reason. Then there really isn't a good reason to not allow furniture up against them. Hopefully it's just an oversight, and they'll change it.

But if we compare them to the wall lights, you can't put anything in front of them either. That's always annoyed me.
Wall lights taking a whole square bugs me too. Also the old pictures, wall banners etc. that won't let things go in front of them. Wish the Monkeys would improve them so they're like the French chateau pictures.
jessica
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jessica »

Ok, we get a version without blinds. But I still miss fitting doors and half height windows. The penthouses doors are ok as front doors but I don't like them in living rooms at all.
They are very similar to the Scandinavian windows, but the glas of the new ones is completely clear and the Scandinavian ones are dimmed.
It's pretty sad I can't make them fit into my houses because I really love those new clear glasses.
Maybe we'll get other versions and fitting doors in the online store.