[LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

Post by garishplum »

I have the stellar shelves and the dryers to go. Once I finish this round of collecting, I will just need constructor coins. 90 of them. Here's to hoping the spin flower will be nicer to me!
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

PHEW! Im going to be right on the wire with this one. I'm not even convinced I'll finish without the help of a few SP......only because of that pesky thing called sleep :lol:

I did get a lucky 125 CC spin which eased the pain. With these events now I'm always concentrating on getting the things I really want first just in case I don't finish. For me, I could live without the ironing board and the hanging out stuff. Really love the tall shelves and the tiles though so I've secured them already. I would like the end prize for some variety. I will reach the end of the bar before I have enough resources to purchase everything. I do think it would be fair to let us have the end prize if we reach the end of the bar regardless of whether we purchase all the other prizes or not. That feels like a bit of a double blow
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
elletheheiress
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by elletheheiress »

I really love the new tiles and the shelves.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

Just need about 2,000 pottery and the same in glassware. I think I can do this without SP. Phew!
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I'm so close to unlocking the washers and dryers. That's the 2 items I want most.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 18 May 2017, 23:16 I'm glad that they thought to add clothes lines and racks. I'm more excited about them than the machines, I've been installing them all over town. No Aussie Dream suburban backyard is complete without a hills hoist.
We had what we called rotary or umbrella clotheslines in many suburban yards in Michigan, USA when I was growing up in the 50s and 60s. They were not height adjustable. (We had a line and a prop.) But I'd never heard of a Hills Hoist.

Thanks to your post, my daughter and I had fun looking at web videos and articles about this quintessential Australian article. Thanks.

By the way, my daughter (otherwise very eco minded) is horrified by the idea of drying clothes and bedding outdoors. Why would anyone want their clean clothes exposed to insects and bird poop, not to mention airborn dust and pollen, she asks.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Well I'm trying to update my homes but am having a problem locating some of the items. The sink is now in with the bathroom items and the outdoor clothes dryer is in the outdoors decorations tab but I can't find the small indoor dryer or the ironing boards. The other stuff is still under the new items tab as well as the countertops tab. Help please.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

After looking through the logical tabs I started to go through the other ones. Well, I found them at the livingroom tab :roll:
Attachments
Dryer and ironing boards at the livingroom tab.
Dryer and ironing boards at the livingroom tab.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 20 May 2017, 02:36
By the way, my daughter (otherwise very eco minded) is horrified by the idea of drying clothes and bedding outdoors. Why would anyone want their clean clothes exposed to insects and bird poop, not to mention airborn dust and pollen, she asks.
How funny. Short answer: the sun is free, and utilities are expensive.

More involved answer:
UV rays have natural bleaching and antimicrobial properties- and we have a lot of UV rays. (Perfect conditions for skin cancer and bright white linens!) It's more sanitary imo than always drying them in an enclosed box, and less damaging to fabrics. Maybe air quality is different where you are?

Fly-by bird poop is pretty unlikely, if your line is out in open space where it belongs. Where overhanging branches and rooflines are unavoidable, most will hang their laundry under an awning of some kind.

I do shake things off when unpegging them, to make sure no little bugs or garden spiders are hitching a ride. NBD. If we made a fuss about every bug we saw, we'd all be certifiably insane.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

ErinPW wrote: 20 May 2017, 09:11 After looking through the logical tabs I started to go through the other ones. Well, I found them at the livingroom tab :roll:
Thanks Erin. FM don't seem to make any sense sometimes. I know that not everyone has the luxury of a laundry room (including me) but I would have thought the kitchen tab would be more appropriate. Anyway you have resolved that one.