All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

Post by playsims »

SKatF wrote: 20 May 2017, 02:36
contrarysims wrote: 18 May 2017, 23:16 I'm glad that they thought to add clothes lines and racks. I'm more excited about them than the machines, I've been installing them all over town. No Aussie Dream suburban backyard is complete without a hills hoist.
My sister use that in her backyard. I never know the name "Hills Hoist" until now. Never too late to learn. Here we use a line for drying our clothes. Sunshine is still the best.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I just finished this event about an hour ago, thank goodness. I did well with the spins on CC this time so I was really lucky. Very relieved for this one to be finished and to have won all the prizes as I have missed out on a few of the last ones.
I wish they would let us carry forward the remaining resources for the next event. Good luck to everyone else, I hope you manage to finish on time.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I finished last night, and sent my sims to bed for some well deserved rest. Hopefully everyone else manages to complete the event!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I'm very close to finishing. I think I'll be able to get the dryers right when the event ends. I agree that our remaining resources should carry over to the next event. I will keep my crafting stations in inventory until the next event.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

This was probably my favorite event we've had for some time. I've been adding them to homes all around town. Rooftop drying rack, apartment balconies, my "main characters'" home now has a proper laundry room decorated with their childrens' artwork. Love it.
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

3 hrx 40 min to go. All but one candle station needed restocking, 32 sp to buy last item, and 350 candles made. I"ve set off the last station in hopes of a good final spin to cut down the number sp needed. I have enough but don"t want to spend that many. Fingers crossed!
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

contrarysims wrote: 19 May 2017, 21:13
chamilet wrote: 19 May 2017, 15:13

What's wrong with gambling?
But it can be life ruining, and is a fairly big problem here at least.
Wow, I read that and immediately thought - oh hello, a fellow Aussie. Isn't it scary that I could tell where you were from, just from that one line!! Hi from Adelaide :D

I actually had no problem completing this event on time, spending less than 100SP (a fraction of what I normally would). I got lucky and got the 125 CCs, but almost every other spin was 1, 2 or 3. I haven't been babysitting the game either. With half an hour to go, my last round was finished and I had 23 SP to spend to get what I needed, so just used that.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Finished somehow but that was close! Got the final pottery and glassware only in the final collecting round with 30 minutes to spare. No SPs spent this time though, so feeling good about that.

I like that there is a good selection of colors, five is more than I would usually expect (but these are also the only laundry items we have, unlike tables or sofas etc., so I guess it makes sense to have a decent number of neutrals available).
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

ellasweet wrote: 21 May 2017, 07:12
contrarysims wrote: 19 May 2017, 21:13
chamilet wrote: 19 May 2017, 15:13

What's wrong with gambling?
But it can be life ruining, and is a fairly big problem here at least.
Wow, I read that and immediately thought - oh hello, a fellow Aussie. Isn't it scary that I could tell where you were from, just from that one line!! Hi from Adelaide :D
Another Aussie here as well, but I'm living in England. Loved hearing the clothes line called a Hills Hoist, and remembered swinging on a spinning one as a kid 😉 Family still living in Sydney, Canberra, Goulburn and Glenelg. Also felt more at home hearing it called pokies and not fruit machines!!! And made the song 'blow up the pokies' run around in my head now, lol
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I have to choose between tall shelves and smaller shelves. I already converted an old daycare to a laundromat and I have sims doing their laundry in it. I even made a lounge with a tv so they're not bored wait for their wash to be done.