[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

[EVENT] Designer Rugs

Post by mockingbird288z »

Just an FYI, there are people where it is already the 15th where they live getting this event. It seems maybe FM changed the date of the event (or some people have a glitch).

Edit: The Designer Rugs event...
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by simgrrl »

I wish they would at least let us pick which rug to unlock after completing a set. I don't think I'll be able to finish it since I don't have the beach built and sometimes I can't connect to the party boat. But I've noticed that leveling up seems faster compared to before. I stopped doing the fishing hobby and only did it again last week. My sim is now on level 3 and 45% was added to my progress after one try.
Gem410
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gem410 »

mockingbird288z wrote:Just an FYI, there are people where it is already the 15th where they live getting this event. It seems maybe FM changed the date of the event (or some people have a glitch).

Edit: The fishing event for rugs...
I can confirm that the fishing hobby for the new rugs has started. :o Better get your fishermen ready in all your fishing spots so you can take advantage of at least 3 medals to begin with (4 if you set one up at a neighbour's town) though in reality it only saves you about 10 minutes :roll: . At least they've left the 10 minute option there and not changed it like they did with the figure skating hobby. Once again the frantic rush will be on for those of us who really hate missing out on getting ALL the new stuff!!! :lol:
Easter Update
GC Simsgem410

SP #PinkCandy
HFN New location...
Clown's Residence near the Art Gallery
Gem410
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gem410 »

Gem410 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Just an FYI, there are people where it is already the 15th where they live getting this event. It seems maybe FM changed the date of the event (or some people have a glitch).

Edit: The fishing event for rugs...
I can confirm that the fishing hobby for the new rugs has started. :o Better get your fishersims ready in all your fishing spots so you can take advantage of at least 3 medals to begin with (4 if you set one up at a neighbour's town) though in reality it only saves you about 10 minutes :roll: . At least they've left the 10 minute option there and not changed it like they did with the figure skating hobby. Once again the frantic rush will be on for those of us who really hate missing out on getting ALL the new stuff!!! :lol:
On the plus side my fishersims are levelling up quite quickly just using the 10 minute option.
Easter Update
GC Simsgem410

SP #PinkCandy
HFN New location...
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

This doesn't seem to have started for me yet. Possibly because I'm in the Uk??
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Gem410 wrote: I can confirm that the fishing hobby for the new rugs has started.
Thanks for confirming! :)

bluebeariscool wrote:This doesn't seem to have started for me yet. Possibly because I'm in the Uk??
It should start at midnight on the 15th. It should be starting soon for you, I think. In an hour (if I did the time zone thing right). Lol
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Yes you are correct Mockingbird ;) Alas I don't think my weary eyes will stay open that long so I expect it will be waiting for me in the morning. Oh the joy of filling more grids :lol:
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Debbilu_7 wrote:Can someone help out my aging memory please? The hobby grids used to reset when an event started but I think this hasn't been the case with the last few?? My fishing grid only has one fish left to catch so I think it is an advantage to stop now to get a head start.....ultimately, I will make sure I save right before the event starts just in case it clears all my fishersims hard work--I'm just not sure I trust my memory lol :roll:
Mine have always reset but I have seen some people say that their grid didn't reset, particularly on the skating event earlier this year. But I think it not resetting would be a glitch and not what is supposed to happen. It wouldn't hurt, though, to have an almost completed grid just in case.
My fishing grid was reset for this event...
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

bluebeariscool wrote:This doesn't seem to have started for me yet. Possibly because I'm in the Uk??
I'm in the UK and mine started at midnight (just gone). EDIT: Just saw your last post, nevermind.
You get 7 days to complete the Fishing grid 7 times for new rugs (one each time, so you have to complete the collection once each day).
Looks like it's going to be a busy week of non-stop Fishing.... If you really want the rugs that is. I'll try but I don't think I'll lose any sleep if I don't get them all. Aside from being incredibly tedious in itself, I can't afford to spend an entire week on 10min Fishing actions. :roll:
Gem410
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gem410 »

My first set of rugs. It took a couple of hours with 3 fishersims filling the grid so not super easy but doable to get some of the rugs at least. Looks like each variety comes in 5 sizes. Great for decorating options. Not the best piccie I'm using my phone in the car (as a passenger of course :lol: ) so it's a bit tricky. Upside I have about 4 hours to 'fish' :D
My fishersims have reached level 6 of 8 in that time so the first set will take longer for those who haven't unlocked the grid previously by reaching level 8.
Attachments
image.jpg
Easter Update
GC Simsgem410

SP #PinkCandy
HFN New location...