[LIVE EVENT] Dream Daycare Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [EVENT] Dream Daycare Live Event

Post by LovemySims »

I've bought all but three of the prizes, they are all unlocked but I am trying to get enough CC to finish off. I do not think I will manage it but I am trying my best. Using the spin plant with the candles and spending my spare SP to buy the prizes. Like I always say, I will never spend real life money on this game so if I miss out on anything on this event then it's tough luck for me. Although I would have loved the playground template :(
Never mind, I will have to hope it gets repeated at some point.
Last edited by LovemySims on 13 Apr 2017, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SarahBeth wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:12 I can confirm that the remaining stock doesn't disappear. I kept mine behind the house on the lots and the inventory was still there when the event began. Repurchasing would be the ideal way to go if the remaining stock is less than a new unit would provide. However, it doesn't go uncompensated. We receive money in exchange for the unused stock at the end of the 'decision period.'
bluebeariscool wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 17:08 I had an odd few craft tables on lots left over from the French Romance Event. The stocks that were left over on those tables were still there when this event started :)
I haven't been playing so much lately so the leftover craft tables wasn't deliberate on my part, they were on lots I haven't visited since the last event.
Thanks guys! I've got 5390 more glassware to collect and then I can purchase everything (I wait until I have all the requirements because I don't like to have to recalculate the remaining requirements, lol) but before I do I'm going to put all the stations in my inventory, take them out again and restock them so I have 9 to start the next Live Event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

LovemySims wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 20:06 I've bought all but three of the prizes, they are all unlocked but I am trying to get enough CC to finish off. I do not think I will manage it but I am trying my best. Using the spin plant with the candles and spending my spare SP to buy the prizes. Like I always so, I will never spend real life money on this game so if I miss out on anything on this event then it's tough luck for me. Although I would have loved the playground template :(
I'm sure it will repeat! At least I'm hoping so for my second game. I don't even have the Little Bookworms prizes unlocked yet in that game. I'm trying to get enough CCs to get the haughty highchairs, I've got a day left in that game so I think I can do that but the other 4 prizes are going to have to wait.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 17:08
Debbilu_7 wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 16:55 [....]
How much room does the playground take up/how much is left to build your daycare on?
The playground is outside the grid, like the waterfall behind the Spa.
Yay! Thank you!
Updated town info in profile
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I got lucky with my spins last night and won 500 SPs! First time ever! So I used the SPs to spin for the rest of the CCs that I needed. I also used some SPs to rush through the glassblowing for what I was lacking there. I had enough time to have earned more glass, but was tired of babysitting the game and so relieved to be done with it. I probably spent about 200-300 SP to finish early, but would not have been able to finish at all without the lucky spin. I didn't expect to finish, because there wasn't anything that I wanted bad enough to have spent real money. Wasn't really interested in a daycare, but I used the shelving units in the children's section of my library and they look great! I have the pop-up bookshelf and couch and one of the story time shelves for story hour, so there is something to read, but the shelving just makes it look more realistic! Plus children's "reading" tables that they can also color on! It looks much better now than it did.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

glenkatko wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 21:30 I got lucky with my spins last night and won 500 SPs! First time ever! So I used the SPs to spin for the rest of the CCs that I needed. I also used some SPs to rush through the glassblowing for what I was lacking there. I had enough time to have earned more glass, but was tired of babysitting the game and so relieved to be done with it. I probably spent about 200-300 SP to finish early, but would not have been able to finish at all without the lucky spin. I didn't expect to finish, because there wasn't anything that I wanted bad enough to have spent real money. Wasn't really interested in a daycare, but I used the shelving units in the children's section of my library and they look great! I have the pop-up bookshelf and couch and one of the story time shelves for story hour, so there is something to read, but the shelving just makes it look more realistic! Plus children's "reading" tables that they can also color on! It looks much better now than it did.
Sounds great, would love to see a picture
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I was late in updating my game this time around so I still have 5 days left on this event. Even so I doubt I will finish in that time so I am also hoping for a repeat. This is the first time in a very long time I haven't finished an event first time around :o but I'm not so bothered about the playground lot. I would've been gutted if I'd have missed out on the French romance lot!
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

SarahBeth wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:12
mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:05
I'm not sure if the stocked uses would stay if you left your stations on a home lot. They might get depleted anyway when the event is over.
I can confirm that the remaining stock doesn't disappear. I kept mine behind the house on the lots and the inventory was still there when the event began. Repurchasing would be the ideal way to go if the remaining stock is less than a new unit would provide. However, it doesn't go uncompensated. We receive money in exchange for the unused stock at the end of the 'decision period.'
That's weird, all my crafting stations went to no-stock as soon as I finished the event. Any remaining craft items I had were converted to simoleons, as expected, but I ended up putting empty crafting stations back into my inventory
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 20:11
LovemySims wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 20:06 I've bought all but three of the prizes, they are all unlocked but I am trying to get enough CC to finish off. I do not think I will manage it but I am trying my best. Using the spin plant with the candles and spending my spare SP to buy the prizes. Like I always so, I will never spend real life money on this game so if I miss out on anything on this event then it's tough luck for me. Although I would have loved the playground template :(
I'm sure it will repeat! At least I'm hoping so for my second game. I don't even have the Little Bookworms prizes unlocked yet in that game. I'm trying to get enough CCs to get the haughty highchairs, I've got a day left in that game so I think I can do that but the other 4 prizes are going to have to wait.
Hope you manage to unlock them! I just got them on mine, spent a few SP to get there. I am aiming for the beds next but not holding out too much hope with only one day left on the event. If it does repeat in the future I will only have to get the two things so it will be nice and easy next time. It's been a hard slog this one, I am hoping they do not do another difficult event any time soon!
mockingbird288z

LovemySims wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 15:33
mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 20:11
Hope you manage to unlock them! I just got them on mine, spent a few SP to get there. I am aiming for the beds next but not holding out too much hope with only one day left on the event. If it does repeat in the future I will only have to get the two things so it will be nice and easy next time. It's been a hard slog this one, I am hoping they do not do another difficult event any time soon!
I did get the highchairs! I hope you get the beds!!