[Community Event] Tropical Romance Island

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by mockingbird288z »

The community progress is always slow. It's also fake.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

"Fake" yes. It seems to be an edger to force players to spend real life money 💰.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 03:17
mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 22:24
SKatF wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 20:28 Is it just my poor recall or has clean up on the island changed? I recall it was earning construction coins last time, not XP like this time.
We definitely got Constructor Coins for clearing the island last time. It wasn't a lot of CCs but they helped.
But on the other hand we don't get any xp or bananas with the spin flower anymore. It's just constructor coins now.
Oh, right, forgot about that frustration. Welcome change.
Frosty Mug
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Frosty Mug »

So community progress = fake news
Got it, lol
But really have never seen it like this...almost like it's stuck.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Frosty Mug wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 07:32 So community progress = fake news
Got it, lol
But really have never seen it like this...almost like it's stuck.
We're being serious, though. It really is fake. That's how in past events people could unlock all the community progress items by time traveling, it's why in two community events there was a "glitch" that unlocked all the prizes early (i.e., FM can't program the timers correctly), that's how we unlocked the towels at the end of the first run of the Day Spa event despite the meter showing we wouldn't make it.

The community progress is designed to make players think they need to spend (and thus buy) social points to speed up the actions to collect the fruit faster. To fill the slow moving community progress bar.

It's always slow, especially in the beginning. FM will say on the Facebook page, as they have for every event like this, that the community progress bar will pick up as more players start the event and unlock more trees. :roll:

Anyway, the bar has been moving in my second game. It's not stuck.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Quite disappoined that they didn't give a heads up this time (also not fot the newest market place event) so I missed nearly a day as I wasn't playing till yesterday evening.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Butterfly wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 02:54 All of sudden...my game shows that I have 1 new item in inventory (denoted by a blue circle and the number 1). However, when I click my inventory...there is nothing new. What gives?
Since the ending of the French Romance Event, I've had the same thing in my game, except the number indicated 4 new items in inventory. Yesterday, it went up to 5, but still no new items in my inventory.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

CarrieMae wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 19:16
Butterfly wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 02:54 All of sudden...my game shows that I have 1 new item in inventory (denoted by a blue circle and the number 1). However, when I click my inventory...there is nothing new. What gives?
Since the ending of the French Romance Event, I've had the same thing in my game, except the number indicated 4 new items in inventory. Yesterday, it went up to 5, but still no new items in my inventory.
I had some free prize items I'd never placed still in the home store. Example would be items from marketplace events. When random blue numbers showed up, I sought them out. Once I'd placed them (and either left them in a house or put in inventory) my blue circle numbers went away. Might work for you if, like me, you find them annoying ... mostly as they interfere with finding genuine new items.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

There's nothing new in inventory to place in my game.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 22:24
SKatF wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 20:28 Is it just my poor recall or has clean up on the island changed? I recall it was earning construction coins last time, not XP like this time.
We definitely got Constructor Coins for clearing the island last time. It wasn't a lot of CCs but they helped.
Since we're not receiving constructo coins for clearing the island this time, should I hold off on clearing it until after the event is over and concentrate on having my sims harvest fruit? I seem to be able to build places on the island without clearing it first, and I don't want to pull any sims away from the fruit trees.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.