[Community Event] Tropical Romance Island

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by TBD-36 »

Rosie_58 wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 21:47After unlocking everything in my game in this event I lost the plant spin that I was planning on using to get more cc's to build the wedding venue! Hopefully I will be able to build it the next time it comes around.
I had one spin plant that disappeared a few days into this event - so I just bought a new one! They're free. Hope that works for you.
slk0807 wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 22:26I've noticed that my SP (to get requirements) to CC conversion is much higher with this event than previous events. Is it the same for anyone else?

In the last 2 quests, it was a 1-1 cost for the get requirements for SP to CC, and I would have only needed 13 SPs, which I was able to generate using the LP spin plant to SP. Now, there is no way I could get up to that many SP's to cover the missing CC.
Yes, the exchange rate seems MUCH higher for this event.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It looks like they adjusted the SP/CC exchange rate. It's back to being 1:1 in my second game now. This afternoon it would have cost me well over a thousand SPs to make up the remaining SP for just one location but now it is only 77SPs.
It will cost 77SPs to make up the 77CCs
It will cost 77SPs to make up the 77CCs

I have been taking a sort of lackadaisical approach to the repeat in my second game. My only goal was to unlock the passion fruit and I did that this morning. Now that I have that I would like to build all the areas that require bananas (one more to go) and unlock the last two areas so it's a little easier for the next time. I'm so glad to not have to deal with the farce of collecting in my main game.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

TBD-36 wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 21:13
Rosie_58 wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 21:47After unlocking everything in my game in this event I lost the plant spin that I was planning on using to get more cc's to build the wedding venue! Hopefully I will be able to build it the next time it comes around.
I had one spin plant that disappeared a few days into this event - so I just bought a new one! They're free. Hope that works for you.
Thank you for the suggestion...it worked! :)
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 07 Mar 2017, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorted quoted
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Rosie_58 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 04:37
TBD-36 wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 21:13
Thank you for the suggestion...it worked! :)
Yeah, I had two coin spin plots that turned into regular garden plots a couple days ago. Fortunately, they were still in the events tab of the home store, so I got a couple more. They haven't turned into normal ones, so there must have been some weird glitch.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 02:56 It looks like they adjusted the SP/CC exchange rate. It's back to being 1:1 in my second game now. This afternoon it would have cost me well over a thousand SPs to make up the remaining SP for just one location but now it is only 77SPs.

IMG_4601.JPG

I have been taking a sort of lackadaisical approach to the repeat in my second game. My only goal was to unlock the passion fruit and I did that this morning. Now that I have that I would like to build all the areas that require bananas (one more to go) and unlock the last two areas so it's a little easier for the next time. I'm so glad to not have to deal with the farce of collecting in my main game.
Glad to see that the exorbitant cost seems to have been unintended. That or else they got a lot of complaints.

For some reason, I've been screaming along on this. I did spend extra SP in the beginning to harvest all the bonuses from my bananas and dragon fruit to get to the pineapple and passion fruit. At this moment, I only have about 12K passion fruit left to collect and about 500 coins. Still collecting the other fruits to help community progress, but this event has been much easier for me to complete than the French Romance event (I had the highest resource requirements).
bouges
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bouges »

I almost won the 125 cc jackpot once, but at the last moment the wheel bumped out the third caterpillar. It was exciting.
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Just completed my tropical island event. It converted my surplus resources into simoleans just like french chateau event. I wish they converted it to SP :P then it would have been awesome! :lol:
slk0807
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slk0807 »

I'm glad they adjusted the CC/SP factor! I got a bit luckier on the spin plant today than usual - nothing near the 125 cc of course, but a few 8,12 & 20 help out just enough! I'm still plugging along, but I think I will be able to get all of the prizes except for the volleyball game. I decided to skip that prize and use the bananas for spins instead. I'll get that one next time it comes around.
Level 54
HFN: 22 West Side
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

I finished the event. I didn't think I would make it. I only made it because I got a lucky spin for 125cc right at the end.

I found this event more fun because there was no grand prize for winning everthing. So there was less pressure to unlock everything.
miirkaelisaar
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by miirkaelisaar »

I'm confused about the coast wedding venue, it's just a decoration basically? I kind of thought it was a big deal because you'd be able to marry your sims there, but you can only officiate the wedding or watch the wedding, so basically you put sims in the chairs for 30 minutes to watch one sim talk to him/herself for 5 minutes and no one can get married, it's really weird and I wish I'd saved those resources for the bar instead... there's nothing you can do with the wedding venue apparently?