All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [EVENT] Chocolate Lover's Carnival

Post by +.jana.+ »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 14:29
JKCher wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 09:06 I like the costumes, they're unique, nothing like we've ever had before. And the hobby is really easy, not many repeats as mentioned. I've bought 11 benches, I didn't buy any for sp. I have 3 costumes so far.
That's strange, I bought 10 in my second game and the last one cost me 8 SPs. The 11th would have cost me 12. :?
It might depend on how many benches you already had from the past. Even if I had multiple already, the price started on quite a low simoleons amount.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

+.jana.+ wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 15:34
JKCher wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 09:06 I like the costumes, they're unique, nothing like we've ever had before. And the hobby is really easy, not many repeats as mentioned. I've bought 11 benches, I didn't buy any for sp. I have 3 costumes so far.
That's strange, I bought 10 in my second game and the last one cost me 8 SPs. The 11th would have cost me 12. :?
It might depend on how many benches you already had from the past. Even if I had multiple already, the price started on quite a low simoleons amount.
It was in my second game where I hadn't played during previous Chocolatier events. I didn't have any benches to start with.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

I guess there's a glitch with the game not recognizing that some people already have 4 chocolatier benches from previous events.

We are supposed to only be allowed 15 benches but prior to this event we could have 4 already. If you have 4 already you can still buy the 4 that cost §500 (original price of the bench) allowing you 19 benches total. If you weren't playing before you can only buy 15.

The simoleon price for the first 9 benches differs from the other two hobbies like this probably to make it fair because so many people would have already bought 4 for §500 in the past. FM screwed up, of course. People who had 4 to start with should have had their next bench cost §1200 instead of being able to start off with the §500 benches.
hobbies.jpg
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Actually I miscounted, I have 12 in total but that's including the benches I already had from when the hobby was first introduced, when we were only able to have 4. So I've only bought 8 benches this time around. Sorry for the confusion.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 16:24 I guess there's a glitch with the game not recognizing that some people already have 4 chocolatier benches from previous events.

We are supposed to only be allowed 15 benches but prior to this event we could have 4 already. If you have 4 already you can still buy the 4 that cost §500 (original price of the bench) allowing you 19 benches total. If you weren't playing before you can only buy 15.

The simoleon price for the first 9 benches differs from the other two hobbies like this probably to make it fair because so many people would have already bought 4 for §500 in the past. FM screwed up, of course. People who had 4 to start with should have had their next bench cost §1200 instead of being able to start off with the §500 benches.

IMG_7798.JPG
Ah okay. Yep that's exactly what happened with mine.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

I'm glad I only purchased 6 benches (to go with the 4 I already had). I had been using this hobby for 4 of my Sims when it still awarded 3 LP since the grid always seemed to fill pretty quickly. So, with 10 benches, I figured I'd have plenty of time to get all 6 outfits without stressing out or having to use LP. I have 2 so far, with the 3rd coming up soon. It seems they didn't mess with the rate at which the grid fills, which I'm surprised by, considering that we were given 8 days to get six outfits. Although, I suppose it would be going slower for those just starting the hobby, as they'd still be working at getting to level 6 unless they spent LP.

Contrast that with the Ice Sculpting hobby, which was a real pain for me since I didn't have any of the frozen furniture. I only had 10 days to get 12 packs, and you could barely fill the grid once with all 15 stations going round the clock. I only managed it by spending LP. And the nearly 6 hour sculpting sessions made it even more tedious. The 3 hour, 15 minutes session is much more manageable and gives more opportunities in a day to fill the grid. Definitely a much easier and less stressful hobby event!
SaltyFrog75
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SaltyFrog75 »

I'm doing the event, but don't really care too much for the prizes. They are pretty pointless. :|
john/maria
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by john/maria »

If I get all the costumes, I can see 10 of my Sims dancing the night away for Mardi Gras at the nightclub. At least I get to use this building again. It is a shame that we can't interact more with all the things at the work places.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Great point...the nightclub is just a "building" overall since activities are limited there.
mockingbird288z

They've fixed the outfits so that the hair changes to match your sim's hair color. But only to the four basic colors.
IMG_3640.JPG