French Romance Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: French Romance Update - Marketplace Events

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 11:28 My prize will be a time extension token. Haven't even gotten the sink yet lol!

I have a general question. At the upper part of the market place event thing where you see the prizes etc there's something 0/3 courier tokens. What happens if I get those three tokens but don't spend them immediately to fulfill the order as I usually do?

That's the token-storage and works the same way like the storage for the other resources. If you didn't spend a token, it will remain until the next Marketplace Event.

I always take care, the token-storage shows 3/3 before I complete the event. This way I can use them right away at the beginning of the next Marketplace Event :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

calleighwolfe wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 11:28 My prize will be a time extension token. Haven't even gotten the sink yet lol!

I have a general question. At the upper part of the market place event thing where you see the prizes etc there's something 0/3 courier tokens. What happens if I get those three tokens but don't spend them immediately to fulfill the order as I usually do?

If you have up to 3 tokens left at and of event, they stay until next event.

Some of us try to stay "stocked up" in case next event is more difficult, because it requires more points or our real life obligations will prevent us from playing as frequently.

For example, I have 3 in stock and will only spend one this time if I have a courier in progress so I know it will be refilled in a few hours. I'm not interested in the Robodog (it creeps me out) but I like the other prizes, so I'm participating, but not worried about completing.
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

I'm still confused on the tokens, how do we earn them? And how are they used? (I'm a very slow understander (yes that's not a word)
warior
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by warior »

I've got a Time Extension Token on first and Dragons pack on my second games. I reset several times first game and got only Time Extension Token and RoboCat once - probably got all awards.
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

Simsfanatic wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 08:07 I'm still confused on the tokens, how do we earn them? And how are they used? (I'm a very slow understander (yes that's not a word)
Every time an event like these starts, a sim courier will show up at the workplaces (depending on the event might be just at one of them or, like in this case, all three) if you have sims working there at the moment. He will be acting like the other sims that are waiting to be helped, by completing four tasks, but he will be there for just 4 hours so if you see him coming better start to help cause the tasks take at least 3 and a half hours to complete. Once his time is up he will leave, no matter if you completed or not the 4 tasks he requires to give the token, and will have to wait till another one shows up. If you get the token, it will be storaged and you can see them in the event's window where we receive the packages. From time to time one of those packages will require a token to be sent instead of workplace resources or simoleons, and if you send one, since they give more points than the other resources, you can get the milestones faster.
Hopefully I was clear enough and didn't confuse you more :lol:
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

I thought everybody got the same prizes. I'm trying to win a time extension token this time :S.

Thanks for your answers :D
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

I finished the event on my Android tablet last night and got the Romantic Sleepwear. I gave up on my iPad because I am focused on the Tropical Romance Island.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

calleighwolfe wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 20:25 I thought everybody got the same prizes. I'm trying to win a time extension token this time :S.

Thanks for your answers :D
For some marketplace events, everyone does try for the same final prize (like the recent big tv in the movie studio event) although the small prizes along the way might vary.

But some marketplace events, like the current one, offer a variety of prizes. Players who missed a time limited prize in a quest might have it offered (for example I got the exercise bike, which I had missed out on by taking too long to finish a quest.) Other players might get offered an item that costs lots of Social Points, like a Dragon Statue or a RoboDog or an item you can only get with VIP awards, like time extension.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

I got the Romantic Sleepwear on both of my games since I missed that prize last year. But I was only able to complete it on my Android game because my iOS Sims are working on the Romance Island.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Another one has started today for me without any warning before. I get the dragon statue this time
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London