(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by Rosie »

CarrieMae wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 19:41
mockingbird288z wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 05:27
SKatF wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 05:01 I've been speculating ... Wondering if the random differences in requirements might be some kind of test or experiment by the Fire Monkeys. Like how many users completed in each group. A way to evaluate what requirements to set for future events, for example.
And which group spent more money on the game during the event.
Exactly! If a large enough number of players in the highest group completed the event by spending money on SP, that's probably what they'll set for future events. I was in the highest group, and I did spend SP to restock my stations and to collect bonus SP on some of the overnight crafting, but I didn't have to spend any real money since I had enough SP saved up (though I didn't even really spend that much - perhaps 100 or so?). I was also lucky to get one triple grasshopper and was able to make the rest of my cc with all the candles I kept crafting up until the end.

But, if you didn't have enough SP, you had to spend a lot of time grinding LP for SP spins or purchase SP from the store. I didn't purchase Lara Craft (she wasn't for sale in my online store on WP), but I'm sure they've tracked how many people purchased her in each of the groups.
I thought she was a requirement. :shock: LOL. When she popped up, I remember being surprised they charged me for her. Good to know for next time. I'll pass on her. I did use over 100 SP's also. That was my own fault. The waiting for 2 hours for a Sim to recharge it was the better option, if you have the time. I began doing that towards the end, when I realized I had some extra time.
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by -Caz- »

It’s back again!

I’m pleased as I was taking a break from the game when it first happened so I missed out. I’ve managed to pick up a few things from architect homes but going to try to get the French Château - think it will be tough though...

My requirements are the same as the middle quantities from the original event.

(From ErinPW):
Candles 18,700 (not including 50 for the mood lighting)
Pottery 91,915
Jewelery 84,600
Glassware 85,000
Constructor Coins 1,535
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

-Caz- wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 14:48 […]

My requirements are the same as the middle quantities from the original event.

(From ErinPW):
Candles 18,700 (not including 50 for the mood lighting)
Pottery 91,915
Jewelery 84,600
Glassware 85,000
Constructor Coins 1,535
My tiny town got the same requirements.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I only got a few items the last time this thing was on so I'm going to try my best to get as many more as I can this time around, however it won't be easy it seems, there is an awful lot to collect. I won't sweat it though, I will get what I can in the time allowed. I would love to have the house template but I'm not going to hold my breath.
AeroSmash
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AeroSmash »

Finally! I was waiting for this Live Event because at least for me its the best event. The prices are really really cool and the house is amazing
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I've been looking forward to this one. I hope I can finish!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

I have 1 last item to collect, but it is going to be painful. Don't get to collect 25 cc a day because I have nothing left to buy :(
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

amberkat wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 23:47 I have 1 last item to collect, but it is going to be painful. Don't get to collect 25 cc a day because I have nothing left to buy :(
Yeah, this is a similar problem I ran into with the daycare live event repeat in my second game. I missed out on the big chunk of CCs almost every day because I couldn't meet the unlock or buy a prize goal on most days.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I'm really glad that this event is back. I hope that I can get the chateau this time.:-)
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

I told my husband a new event started and his response was 'oh s*#t'. Yes dear your sleep will be interrupted the next 11 days or so due to iPad timer going off every 2 hrs and 25 min so I can collect bonuses. Seriously thinking in two years we we redo our vows I'll add 'and accept timer may be used during certain gaming events which may affect your sleep during such events' :lol:
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot