All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by katgames »

Butterfly wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 21:37
JKCher wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 21:09 Agreed I may not have bought her if I'd known.
I agree 200%...that is not okay for FM to do that to us.
Thanks for this info. I'm reading backwards in this thread so I haven't got to how much she costs but yeah... they seem to be getting greedier and greedier.... Wait!!? Is that even a word??? Oh well *shrugs* I'll check out Laura carefully...
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 09:30 Wait...so FM is giving us the 'opportunity' to spend actual RL money on something that will only last for a little under two weeks after which it goes away? :o :? :shock: That sounds like the perfect scam! :roll:
Welcome to Sims FREEPlay! Hahahaha... the jokes ALWAYS on us! I still play the silly thing. Less than I used to cause of stuff like this but I still like the game. I like building and decorating. I used to love to create my own little story but they sorta took over my town and started making it hard to rally have a story.... *kicks a Monkey*
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I really like the new house. I'm going to get started on this event as soon as I can. Laura I'll have to think about. Is she worth it for the event? She better bring a lotta stuff.... I dunno...
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

katgames wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 04:42 I really like the new house. I'm going to get started on this event as soon as I can. Laura I'll have to think about. Is she worth it for the event? She better bring a lotta stuff.... I dunno...
When I first got Laura she gave 300 candles. I paid $6.99 Canadian
After that... Every 8 hours,she offers
480 candles
720 pottery
1080 jewelry
1190 glass

I'm not sure if I got all of those options before I was able to buy all the stations or not.
I mean she helps but I kind of think that for the price, if I'd known she'd completely disappear I may not have bought her services. If they included her outfit for me to put on my own sims,sure.
I liked the other help things for the other events in part because I had unique decoration after.
I'm also trying to remember the price on those ones, I think they may have been twice the price. So maybe she's worth it for half the price and not sticking around.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

katgames wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 04:39
bloodredroses01 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 09:30 Wait...so FM is giving us the 'opportunity' to spend actual RL money on something that will only last for a little under two weeks after which it goes away? :o :? :shock: That sounds like the perfect scam! :roll:
Welcome to Sims FREEPlay! Hahahaha... the jokes ALWAYS on us! I still play the silly thing. Less than I used to cause of stuff like this but I still like the game. I like building and decorating. I used to love to create my own little story but they sorta took over my town and started making it hard to rally have a story.... *kicks a Monkey*
I get really excited when we have a break, but my excitement is always short lived because of an event I don't really care for (though I do actually like the stuff in this event).
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Initially could not find the Pot Rack & Barrel. Kept looking at the kitchen & outdoor furniture. Turns out they are both under the Decor section. Odd choice.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

katgames wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 04:39 Welcome to Sims FREEPlay! Hahahaha... the jokes ALWAYS on us! I still play the silly thing. Less than I used to cause of stuff like this but I still like the game. I like building and decorating. I used to love to create my own little story but they sorta took over my town and started making it hard to rally have a story.... *kicks a Monkey*
:lol: That's what I like about it too! The building and decorating was the thing I LOVED the most about the PC game and as soon as I can afford to get a new laptop I'll be installing Sims3 so fast it'll make everyone's heads spin and probably become even more lax about playing SFP. ;)
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

JKCher - I think the greenhouse was $9.99US and I don't remember if there were 'helpers' for any of the ther events. I bought the greenhouse but mostly because I thought it would look pretty after the event. I was giving serious thought to buying the 'helper' for this event because the greenhouse was useful but when I found out it was an NPC I had my doubts. When I found out that Laura goes away I knew there was no way I'd be paying RL money for her. But I'll admit that if they'd included her outfit for our sims I might have changed my mind but they didn't so, oh well.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep more than one each of the craft stations if I finish the event because they're just going to take up room that I could use for stuff that actually works. Then again, these days I don't seem to be able to do much more than grind for LPs so who knows.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 04 Feb 2017, 22:25 JKCher - I think the greenhouse was $9.99US and I don't remember if there were 'helpers' for any of the ther events. I bought the greenhouse but mostly because I thought it would look pretty after the event. I was giving serious thought to buying the 'helper' for this event because the greenhouse was useful but when I found out it was an NPC I had my doubts. When I found out that Laura goes away I knew there was no way I'd be paying RL money for her. But I'll admit that if they'd included her outfit for our sims I might have changed my mind but they didn't so, oh well.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep more than one each of the craft stations if I finish the event because they're just going to take up room that I could use for stuff that actually works. Then again, these days I don't seem to be able to do much more than grind for LPs so who knows.
Okay yes, the greenhouse would have been $12.99 for me then.
They also had a jewel generator but that only came when the event returned. I ended up buying it even though I didn't need it,but it was neat looking.

I think my craft stations will end up in various houses as decor. I am the same way always grinding for Lps and money so I don't worry too much of things work. I even have things that are supposed to work but don't because I've placed them in such a way because if space constraints or because I just like them that way better lol
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I just started the event and the requirements are the lowest.
I checked before like a day after the update came out and the requirements were the medium ones.
My TV is not very high and I only play in one device so maybe is a bug and not device related.
And why do they have to make it even harder?, now with the restocking thing, I really hope they don't implement it in the next events, I guess we'll see if they change it in the romance island.