Next update hint? (French Romance Update)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Next update hint? (French Romance Update)

Post by JakeSim »

Yeah you're right, the new update data increased a little more than 100mb on Andorid. If your SD card has 1GB of storage there's nothing to do.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Do you have windows computer? If so, I would consider Bluestacks. It is transferable between devices (mobile) too.
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

Unfortunately no, I don't own a computer. And the SD card I have is in my personal cellphone, it has 29GB approximately and only 2 of them are occupied. I had the game installed there at the beginning, but most of the data is stored in the device's memory, not in the external one, so there's no point in having a SDcard only for the game, that's why I had to move the game to this other cellphone.
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

thirsty4souls wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 05:57 Unfortunately no, I don't own a computer. And the SD card I have is in my personal cellphone, it has 29GB approximately and only 2 of them are occupied. I had the game installed there at the beginning, but most of the data is stored in the device's memory, not in the external one, so there's no point in having a SDcard only for the game, that's why I had to move the game to this other cellphone.
Above all...If you save to the cloud Facebook, google game play, or whatever you should be able to easily transfer the duplicate game onto the device with the SD card.
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

You mean transfer the game to play, like... with the French update? Or just my current game, to save its duplicate there? I'm not sure I understood what you suggested :p
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I think what she meant is that you can install the game, the new update, in your personal phone which has the SD card and then download from a cloud save. At least while you can afford a new SD card for the other device.
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

Oh, I get it now. But... if the game was occupying so much memory the first time I got it installed in my phone, with the SDcard, it will do the same now and even more due to the update. I mean, like I said before, the most part of the data is stored in the device memory not the card. It will need more space to install, let alone make it run :p
I have my phone getting fixed now, but I guess I can give it a try when I get it back tomorrow maybe.
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

thirsty4souls wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 20:50 Oh, I get it now. But... if the game was occupying so much memory the first time I got it installed in my phone, with the SDcard, it will do the same now and even more due to the update. I mean, like I said before, the most part of the data is stored in the device memory not the card. It will need more space to install, let alone make it run :p
I have my phone getting fixed now, but I guess I can give it a try when I get it back tomorrow maybe.
Yes, I meant what JakeSim said. :)

I don't know how it would be an issue if you're saving your current game (without the update) to the cloud and transfer it to the device with more memory.

The purpose of the cloud save is to free up device memory during game saves. So, it should be a flawless process to transfer, allowing you to be able to download the update on your device with the SD card and more memory.

I'm curious to see how it goes for you IF you decide to give it a try so that you can join in on the current live event. :D
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

Well, I finally managed to download and install Bluestacks in a borrowed computer. I downloaded the cloud save (missed the limited time prize of the discovery quest I started before all this, but I hope is one of those prices we get in Marketplace events) and am currently doing the French Romance event.
Bluestacks is not precisely fluent but I think is because of the settings, I'll check that later.
Thank you both for all of your help and patience :D
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

You're welcome. I'm glad you can play and not miss the current event.
Bluestacks is not that polished to run games as it advertises but I think it works in the meantime. A computer with integrated graphics card helps. Good luck.