All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

copperwood wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 22:24
mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 20:18
DiTori wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 16:49
JakeSim wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 09:31 And what are the changes? I already completed it the first time.
Looks like ice decor items now added.
Those were also a part of the first run of this event. It gave those who had unlocked the furniture in 2015 something to work for.

I can't see any difference so far but maybe they changed the leveling percentages? In my main game it took me almost a week just to get a sim to level 6 without using LP, although I wasn't checking in on that game all the time. Getting to level 5 was fine it was getting to level 6 after that. I'm doing this event in my second game and I plan on keeping an eye on how fast my sims level up now.
I'm doing this event in my second (newer) game. I did send a sim to level up to my other game as a neighbor. The goddess statue there is at level 12. I used LP's to get to level 5. It never took more than an 8 hour session to reach the next level. After reaching level 5 I left the sim at neighbors overnight for an additional 8 hour session. When I checked in the morning, she had reached level 6. So it took 5 8-hour tasks to level up completely.
Yes! They have changed the leveling percentages. Before with the Goddess Monument complete you would gain a level with the 8 hour option every time until level 5. Then it would take 6-8 8 hour sessions to get to level 6.

Now it is a lot better!

With the 5 hours 45 minutes action and no Goddess Monument
Level 1 --> 2 gets 800%
Level 2 -- 3 gets 400%
Level 3 --> 4 gets 200%
Level 4 --> 5 gets 150%
Level 5 --> 6 gets 50%

So you can level up in six 5 hours 45 minutes sessions.

With the 8 hours action and no Goddess Monument
Level 1 --> 2 gets 1600%
Level 2 --> 3 gets 800%
Level 3 --> 4 gets 400%
Level 4 --> 5 gets 300%
Level 5 --> 6 gets 100%

So you can level up in five 8 hour sessions.

It's even better with the Goddess Monument complete requiring only 4 of the shorter action to level up or 3 of the longer option.

With the Goddess Monument complete it is quicker to level up using the shorter action (23 hours total) than the longer option (24 hours). With no Goddess Monument the quickest way to level up a sim is to use the shortest time option up to level 5 then do the 8 hour option to get to level 6.

Edit: The change in leveling also applies to games where the event is already done.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

I don't have any numbers to prove it, but I get the impression the grid also fill up faster.

I filled the first grid with 12 sims doing the hobby twice (short option), so 24 action was enough to find 12 different items. In the first event it never filled so fast. Or maybe this was just really lucky.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Ok now I regret using LPs in my second game to complete the event. But is good to know and at the same time weird coming from FM that they did this.
mockingbird288z

They've changed things before when enough players complained about the difficulty for an event but they did it during the event - not re-running the event in the next update.

The outdoor furniture event with the survivalist hobby (extended the time limit) and the Müte Fis event (changed the leveling percentages mid-event) come to mind. I think there may have been a few other instances where FM stepped up and did the right thing. But it is a rare thing.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

atreya wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 05:56 I don't have any numbers to prove it, but I get the impression the grid also fill up faster.

I filled the first grid with 12 sims doing the hobby twice (short option), so 24 action was enough to find 12 different items. In the first event it never filled so fast. Or maybe this was just really lucky.
I thought so, too. I only needed the ice sculptor figures and I couldn't even get it when this event first started. It did take me a while to get to level 6 but still, I can't imagine those that needed all the furniture! This time I was able to get them with 2 rounds of 6 people doing it on the 5 hour option. Much better.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Oh I missed those events so I didn't know they've done these kind of things before.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

So... if you unlocked everything during the Christmas 2015 event and the January Ice Sculpture event, you don't see the event recurring? Just wondering, because I got the popup saying it had begun, but no event for me. I do have everything unlocked.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

simmare wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 14:24 So... if you unlocked everything during the Christmas 2015 event and the January Ice Sculpture event, you don't see the event recurring? Just wondering, because I got the popup saying it had begun, but no event for me. I do have everything unlocked.
Correct, you won't see the event return if you had already completed it. The notification system has never been that great and you can often get pop ups and notifications for events you've already completed.
mockingbird288z

JakeSim wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 13:56 Oh I missed those events so I didn't know they've done these kind of things before.
It's still a rare thing for FM to do and they should have pushed a fix during the first run. Or simply not make it so difficult to begin with. :roll:
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 20:18
DiTori wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 16:49
JakeSim wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 09:31 And what are the changes? I already completed it the first time.
Looks like ice decor items now added.
Those were also a part of the first run of this event. It gave those who had unlocked the furniture in 2015 something to work for.

I can't see any difference so far but maybe they changed the leveling percentages? In my main game it took me almost a week just to get a sim to level 6 without using LP, although I wasn't checking in on that game all the time. Getting to level 5 was fine it was getting to level 6 after that. I'm doing this event in my second game and I plan on keeping an eye on how fast my sims level up now.

Oh ok. I did event before and dont remember ice decor items, have everything else though so I thought decor was new. Wish I still had my level 6 hobby sim for this. :(
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot