[EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

[EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

The Ice Sculpture Special Event is coming soon!
IMG_5778.JPG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

Post by Chezza »

Looking at the photo of the 'special' ice furniture packs, I don't see anything that we long time simmers don't already have in the game from the previous Christmas ice event.

With only 3 days left in my current aerobics hobby quest, I've only unlocked 1 outfit so far! So I'm not interested in having another new hobby :roll:
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

I'm kinda on a break form the game at the moment and not planning on bothering with stuff for a while unless I really think it's worth it (which this isn't), but I had a worry that not doing this event will remove all ice-related furniture I already have from last Christmas (like they did with the gingerbread stuff which was very annoying).

I haven't got around to building my frozen palace yet, but I have vaguely planned it out in my mind... Should I hurry up and do it (even just a rough outline) just in case they take all the stuff away if I don't do the quest?
mockingbird288z

HordePrime wrote:I'm kinda on a break form the game at the moment and not planning on bothering with stuff for a while unless I really think it's worth it (which this isn't), but I had a worry that not doing this event will remove all ice-related furniture I already have from last Christmas (like they did with the gingerbread stuff which was very annoying).

I haven't got around to building my frozen palace yet, but I have vaguely planned it out in my mind... Should I hurry up and do it (even just a rough outline) just in case they take all the stuff away if I don't do the quest?
I don't think they will take away the furniture if you don't do the event. I have a game that has the singing salmon from the 2013 fishing event and in a test game I let the Life Dreams quest run out the clock (losing the singing salmon reward) but I still had the singing salmon for purchase in the home store.

The only gingerbread stuff that was taken away was the flooring, wallpaper, exterior walls, and roofs. We never had any of the items available in the home store. At least they made those things the first thing unlocked in the Chocolatier hobby.
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

Chezza wrote:Looking at the photo of the 'special' ice furniture packs, I don't see anything that we long time simmers don't already have in the game from the previous Christmas ice event.

With only 3 days left in my current aerobics hobby quest, I've only unlocked 1 outfit so far! So I'm not interested in having another new hobby :roll:
Yeah I totally agree. No wonder there was a time extension as a prize for that one SimTown Market event- We should have all taken it as a warning to brace ourselves for all the back to back events. I have 4 more days left in my Aerobics hobby and I don't have any of the outfits unlocked, as my highest sim in the hobby is a level 4. I guess this is how they make money though, people who really want the Aerobics Clothing and the Ice Furniture will pay money to buy LP in order to get everything within the time limit.
mockingbird288z

Tara2388 wrote: Yeah I totally agree. No wonder there was a time extension as a prize for that one SimTown Market event- We should have all taken it as a warning to brace ourselves for all the back to back events. ...
The marketplace events that are open in all professions have random prizes for everyone so not everyone had the time extension token as a prize. Mine was a robodog this time. I got a time extension token during the last general marketplace event. Only for the "Special" marketplace events (where they are only available in one profession) does everyone have the same grand prize.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Talking about time extension tokens, where can i check as to how many tokens I have already earned? Other than the sim Market event, dont we get a free extension token upon reaching a certain VIP level?
mockingbird288z

playsims wrote:Talking about time extension tokens, where can i check as to how many tokens I have already earned? Other than the sim Market event, dont we get a free extension token upon reaching a certain VIP level?
Currently the only way to check is to tap on the "Add Time" button that shows next to time limits in qualifying events and quests. Tapping on the button doesn't automatically use a time extension token but brings up a screen that will tell you how many you have, how much time gets added, and yes/no buttons.

Starting with VIP level 3 you get one time extension token per level. So someone with VIP 5 will have 3 time extension tokens.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am VIP Level 6, so I should have 4 extention tokens plus 1 from recent Sim Market Event.
Thanks Leah.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Does it really need to be said that we DO NOT need another stupid hobby? :x Especially one as silly as ice sculpting!!! And I'm willing to bet that it's going to be another one with impossibly loooong times. I hope it won't be the case but not holding my breath.

Personally I think that ALL the hobbys (especially the ones they changed the times on!) should have 10 minute & 1 hour options and then two longer options (ideally the longer ones would be the same from hobby to hobby too but I could let that slide). The hobbies that are done row by row like the toddler playhouse or surfing would be an exception to the 10 minute/1 hour/2 longer option scheme but should still have each level/row be the same from hobby to hobby. This uniformity of action times is especially important for doing Events so we aren't driving ourselves nuts trying to keep track of everything. Which brings up another point which is already mostly covered, that there needs to a gardening, cooking or baking action that's the same time as the action times for the other hobbies because it helps a lot with keeping track of when to collect stuff. I know this is all extreme selfishness on my part because this would benefit the way I play but I can't be the only player who's hit on this way of doing things. Besides the game has become so complicated in some ways that anything that makes it a little easier would be helpful.

As usual lately :? sorry for the rant but SFP makes me want to rant more often than it makes me want to cheer these days.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update