Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I've been catching up on this particular topic and I noticed something that brings up such mixed feelings about how FM/EA treats its customers/players.

I'm so glad about how we can build houses w/ special fencing on the Island and are finally are able to keep that fencing instead of being stuck w/ the Island fencing. But at the same time I kinda find myself getting annoyed because I'm guessing that all it took to fix the problem was a few lines of code which is something they should have taken care before they released the Island update and if we want the fencing on houses we've already built we have to demolish & rebuild which will cost more in-game money and not everyone can afford to do that.

The same thing goes for being able to put things on the counter portion of the kitchen cabinets that have upper cabinets. We know it's possible because of the Latin cabinets AND we know it can be fixed retroactively because the Homstead kitchen islands are now functional instead of just taking up space but for whatever reason FM doesn't seem to want to make the rest of the counters with upper/lower cabinets functional. It just makes no bloody sense at all!!! I know I'm not alone when I say I would be extremely happy to be able to design a kitchen that doesn't take up a huge amount of space that's needed if we want to use the ones w/ upper cabinets but still need counter space for small appliances. Who knows, it might even begin to offset (just a teeny tiny bit ;) ) the outrageous money grabbing that seems to be their new business model. I'm not saying it would make my disgust at the high prices go away but it would make them easier to live with in a way.

Sorry for the rant and being a bit off-topic but it just really pushed my buttons.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Debbilu_7 wrote:
playsims wrote:I would love to rebuild some of the houses in the island for the original fencing. But I am having problems with my ipad2. The latest update has improved the game lag, but I do notice that I still find it hard to move the screen around. Dont know whether Ipad2 is showing its age or it's still part of the game lag not fully corrected. Does anybody with the older units have this problem?
Having similar problems with my old iPad. The problem with moving the screen is usually just with the Simtracker open for me.
I haven't had this trouble with my ipad 2. There is still lag but it was the lag that was there before the Halloween update so that doesn't bother me. I haven't had any trouble moving the screen around. I tested it with the simtracker open, too, and still didn't have any problems moving the screen. While on the Halloween update I did clear up a lot of space on the ipad hoping that would help with the terrible lag (it didn't) but I'm wondering if it's helping now. It's a 64GB and I'm only using 9.2GB now.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

mockingbird288z wrote:I haven't had this trouble with my ipad 2. There is still lag but it was the lag that was there before the Halloween update so that doesn't bother me. I haven't had any trouble moving the screen around. I tested it with the simtracker open, too, and still didn't have any problems moving the screen. While on the Halloween update I did clear up a lot of space on the ipad hoping that would help with the terrible lag (it didn't) but I'm wondering if it's helping now. It's a 64GB and I'm only using 9.2GB now.
I dont think it's the data space problem with my old unit. I still have more than half the space available. Maybe it's the data within the game that has grown?
I seldom build more than 2 stories for sim houses. In fact most of my sims live in one level house, which for me, is more cosy. I prefer trying to maximize small spaces.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I find that snow makes things a lot slower too.
Updated town info in profile
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Debbilu_7 wrote:I find that snow makes things a lot slower too.
You mean if there is snow in the house one is renovating? Or snowing in other sims house but one is renovating in another house without snow?
I just only recently switch on the snow machine but the difficulty in moving the screen has already existed before that.
I will retry switching off all the snow machines & see if it improves screen moving. Thanks.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

If I am at a house that has snow, the game lags more than usual.
Updated town info in profile
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

playsims wrote:I would love to rebuild some of the houses in the island for the original fencing. But I am having problems with my ipad2. The latest update has improved the game lag, but I do notice that I still find it hard to move the screen around. Dont know whether Ipad2 is showing its age or it's still part of the game lag not fully corrected. Does anybody with the older units have this problem?
My Kindle is still quite laggy. Android phone is better, but not back to prior update levels.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I suppose they improve the game ( graphics, added locations, etc.) even if it is unnoticeable, which makes the game to require more resources from the device (processor, ram) plus they mess up sometimes hehe. I hope I buy a new device with the best specifications soon so I can test. :D Or who knows maybe I get one from Santa lol.
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

Happy Xmas from me too!

I got a teaser about flash sales every six hours. What are flash sales? I don't see any changes in my game.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

grumpler66 wrote:Happy Xmas from me too!

I got a teaser about flash sales every six hours. What are flash sales? I don't see any changes in my game.
The only thing new that I have seen is there are some new things available in the online store. I have the 2 sets of winter clothes in mine. I suppose if you already own things that they are listing, you won’t see anything in the store, especially not every 6 hours. Sure wish they explained things better.