All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by Rosie »

glenkatko wrote:
grumpler66 wrote:Happy Xmas from me too!

I got a teaser about flash sales every six hours. What are flash sales? I don't see any changes in my game.
The only thing new that I have seen is there are some new things available in the online store. I have the 2 sets of winter clothes in mine. I suppose if you already own things that they are listing, you won’t see anything in the store, especially not every 6 hours. Sure wish they explained things better.
I didn't finish the recent sim town event for the winter clothing. I just noticed they are on sale today for $42 in the store area. That is a lot of money for a few winter clothes. What did those clothes look like? I have seen a couple of my female neighbor Sims wearing long winter coats, and those are really cute. Where are those from? Does anyone know what's in this Winter Clothing mega pack? Thanks!

Merry Christmas Everyone & Happy Hanukkah too.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Rosie wrote:
glenkatko wrote:

I got a teaser about flash sales every six hours. What are flash sales? I don't see any changes in my game.
The only thing new that I have seen is there are some new things available in the online store. I have the 2 sets of winter clothes in mine. I suppose if you already own things that they are listing, you won’t see anything in the store, especially not every 6 hours. Sure wish they explained things better.
I didn't finish the recent sim town event for the winter clothing. I just noticed they are on sale today for $42 in the store area. That is a lot of money for a few winter clothes. What did those clothes look like? I have seen a couple of my female neighbor Sims wearing long winter coats, and those are really cute. Where are those from? Does anyone know what's in this Winter Clothing mega pack? Thanks!

Not sure if those long coats are included. If there is a green dot with an i on it, it should show you what's included. But I would never buy it at that price. That's ridiculous.

I think those coats were from last year's Christmas event. But not 100% sure.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote:
glenkatko wrote:

The clothes in the Winter Clothing Mega pack are from last year's A Christmas Chill quest.

The description in the online store says, "Enjoy a wide selection of coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages!" This description is something a politician would be proud of. In essence it is true but it is leading you to believe you will get a ton (mega amount!) of clothing but in fact you DO NOT!

It includes the prizes from Day 3 of the quest so everything in this,this, and this picture. So technically it does have coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages but the adult females and and preteen males get the coats, the teen females get the parkas and sweater outfits, the adult males and teen males and preteen females get the tops, and toddlers get the hat. Which is not at all how the description sounds and it's not worth $42.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Rosie wrote:
glenkatko wrote:

The clothes in the Winter Clothing Mega pack are from last year's A Christmas Chill quest.

The description in the online store says, "Enjoy a wide selection of coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages!" This description is something a politician would be proud of. In essence it is true but it is leading you to believe you will get a ton (mega amount!) of clothing but in fact you DO NOT!

It includes the prizes from Day 3 of the quest so everything in this,this, and this picture. So technically it does have coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages but the adult females and and preteen males get the coats, the teen females get the parkas and sweater outfits, the adult males and teen males and preteen females get the tops, and toddlers get the hat. Which is not at all how the description sounds and it's not worth $42.
Thanks Leah! I don't know how I missed those long coats last winter. Oh well. I love them, but not for $42. I would even think twice about paying $22 for this pack. Ha,ha. I agree with you about the politicians. So true! :)
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

So, looked in the WP Store this morning, and the holiday update was there! So happy!

However, that happiness was tempered after a few moments of looking around and seeing that no holiday items were for sale anymore in the home store. Nothing in the mall. No apology gift or anything that would indicate that this was a HOLIDAY update. Just really feel kinda let down. I had hoped for some small token by way of apology. Really, even just ONE of the free holiday items everyone else got. But...nothing.

I feel like I've been slapped in the face. Really, does FM/EA not really care about the fact that we had to wait 3 weeks for the update and that we missed out on anything holiday related? Oh wait...there is something. A Party Pack in the online store for $9. Wow! :roll:

Seriously?!? It's like they're saying,

"Yeah, we know you had to wait 3 weeks for the update and that you missed out on all the free holiday items and decorations for purchase. You also missed out on the community event. You should just be happy that you got the update at all. Here." So, they just dumped the update on us and called it a day. So, yes, I finally got my Christmas dinner, but it's cold, the meat has started to turn funny, the mashed potatoes are a little green, and the bread is all dry and crusty. But, I still got it.

I feel a little bit like Cindarella. :(

But, wait, FM says. Look, there's a Party Pack for you to purchase in the online store. See, there's a new flashy icon that's twice as big as the previous one so you're sure not to miss it. We know you're upset that you missed out on so many great things that we gave to our favorite children, but look, there's something in the store for you to purchase! No? Still upset? But look, it's only $9. See, it's a gift to you. Go ahead and buy it! We're sorry you didn't get any of the FREE holiday decorations, but you can spend $9 on this non-themed party pack! See!! Go on...

Meh. Sorry about the rant. I'll feel better once the ice sculpting hobby comes around. At least then I'll get some sort of festive-ish things to decorate with. And, I'm looking forward to the new athletic hobby.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Every Windows phone user has my heartfelt sympathy regarding the holiday update and free holiday items. :(
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I know you shouldn't be forced to do this but if I was in your place with a WP device I would want to move to another platform before they totally discontinue or just one day they decide to not update the app anymore. The problem I hear is that you cannot save your game to Facebook, but maybe FM can transfer it?
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Wow, yeah I think you're totally justified in feeling that way CarrieMae, I would feel the same. That truly sucks :(
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Since the update, I've noticed several times a day someone who was planting doesn't get their rewards. I'll set them up and make sure they're started, the sim tracker will show they are planting, when it pulses I'll go to them and they are standing by an empty plot. So no simoleans, no xp. Anyone else experiencing this?
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

SKatF wrote:Since the update, I've noticed several times a day someone who was planting doesn't get their rewards. I'll set them up and make sure they're started, the sim tracker will show they are planting, when it pulses I'll go to them and they are standing by an empty plot. So no simoleans, no xp. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, same thing in my game.