Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by glenkatko »

I haven't built the romantic island yet. Before this update, I was able to visit a neighbor's island to check it out. Now, when I click on the boat, the romantic island is locked just like in my home game, and it says wait for event. Not that a single sim can do much there other than wait for partner, but still, lol!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote:It's possible to place things on the island benches and the sink is usable :)
Thanks. I've been avoiding placing it since it was unusable. Never thought to check to see if corrected.

Wish they'd make counters with upper cabinets functional, so you could place things like coffee makers on them. The latin cabinets with the plates over are functional, so it is possible.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Twas the week before Christmas
No holiday update to be had
WP users around the world
Are really quite sad

Ok...I really think my guess is correct that we won't be getting the holiday update (if we even get it) until after the community event is done. Which, if I read correctly on the forums, goes until December 27th! So, no update for Christmas for the WP step-children. If we do get it, it'll be a winter update.

I know a lot of folks on here don't like it when they repeat events, but I hope you'll all agree that they should repeat this one for your WP step-siblings. :P

Still very disappointed but have come to terms with it...mostly. Really sad to miss out on all the free Christmas items. Heck...even having the holiday items in the store to purchase so I can decorate my houses for Christmas! I only started playing this past June, so I've been looking forward to my first Sims Christmas for a while. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

Ah well...I've been enjoying the New Life Festival in ESO. At least with that game, XB users aren't ugly step-children. :lol:
Last edited by CarrieMae on 20 Dec 2016, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

SKatF wrote:
ErinPW wrote:It's possible to place things on the island benches and the sink is usable :)
Thanks. I've been avoiding placing it since it was unusable. Never thought to check to see if corrected.

Wish they'd make counters with upper cabinets functional, so you could place things like coffee makers on them. The latin cabinets with the plates over are functional, so it is possible.
Nice to see that the islands are now usable. I, too, wish that the counters with upper cabinets were functional. I'd use more of them, but most of the time, I only have a few so I can place all my kitchen appliances, so my kitchens end up looking kinda weird.

Also, read in an earlier post how to place those darn range hoods. I didn't think to try and place them first.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

CarrieMae wrote: Still very disappointed but have come to terms with it...mostly. Really sad to miss out on all the free Christmas items. Heck...even having the holiday items in the store to purchase so I can decorate my houses for Christmas! I only started playing this past June, so I've been looking forward to my first Sims Christmas for a while. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.
I'm additionally outraged on your account of being robbed of your very first sims Christmas. This just isn't fair. :C

If they don't update it soon, I'll seriously lose all desire to keep playing. I'm angry because of all the effort i put into it and all the plans i had for the houses etc but now... i feel so meh. Terrible, really. :|
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Apologies if this is old news...I just built the Japanese house on an island lot and was surprised to get the special fencing. I then built a wizards cottage to try it out and I also got the special fencing on the island.
Updated town info in profile
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

randy_thrandy wrote:
CarrieMae wrote: Still very disappointed but have come to terms with it...mostly. Really sad to miss out on all the free Christmas items. Heck...even having the holiday items in the store to purchase so I can decorate my houses for Christmas! I only started playing this past June, so I've been looking forward to my first Sims Christmas for a while. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.
I'm additionally outraged on your account of being robbed of your very first sims Christmas. This just isn't fair. :C

If they don't update it soon, I'll seriously lose all desire to keep playing. I'm angry because of all the effort i put into it and all the plans i had for the houses etc but now... i feel so meh. Terrible, really. :|
Hi Randy_Thrandy, I've been trying to get a response from them on FB for the last week or so and finally got one today. We are still getting an update, and they say they are working hard to resolve the issues, but couldn't give me timing. I did ask if we will still get time to do the quests and an awaiting the response from them.

Not sure if you have OneDrive on your WP, but there were issues with the latest update of that, started the same time as they were doing the teasers for the Sims update. I'm wondering if that's been the hold up, ie that it's on Microsofts side! That failed update just disappeared from my phone this morning after having errored a number of times.

Lets just hope we get the update soon!!
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Debbilu_7 wrote:Apologies if this is old news...I just built the Japanese house on an island lot and was surprised to get the special fencing. I then built a wizards cottage to try it out and I also got the special fencing on the island.
Hi Debbilu _7,
I want to build both those houses on the island, but was wondering what you meant by special fencing. Do you mean the fencing that is in the previews of the houses or the fencing that every house on the island has?

Thanks,
Rosie_58 :)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Most of the houses that have special fences (gingerbread house, wizard's cottage, etc.) would lose them if you built them on the island. They would get the same fences that the other island lots have. When I built the Japanese house and the wizard's cottage today, they kept their unique look. (Japanese has a different sidewalk and cherry trees and the Wizards has leaves on the grass and a rustic pole fence.)
Updated town info in profile
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Debbilu_7 wrote:Most of the houses that have special fences (gingerbread house, wizard's cottage, etc.) would lose them if you built them on the island. They would get the same fences that the other island lots have. When I built the Japanese house and the wizard's cottage today, they kept their unique look. (Japanese has a different sidewalk and cherry trees and the Wizards has leaves on the grass and a rustic pole fence.)
So glad to hear that you where able to build them with the preview fencing on the island! Just started building the Wizards cottage on the island. Thank you for replying. :)