July 2016 Update - A New Professions Update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
carnjig
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

July 2016 Update - A New Professions Update?

Post by carnjig »

A few hints have come up in the last couple of days, could this be a new acting profession, like the Police Update?
image.jpeg
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: July 2016 Update - A New Professions Update?

Post by randy_thrandy »

Dear lord, not another one, i've barely done any progress in the police profession. ugh. :(
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It does look a lot like another new profession and I am not excited about that at all. :(

Here's another GIF they posted: http://giphy.com/gifs/3o7TKEsfhe8NwbdUvm

and the link to the one that is screenshot in the opening post: http://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYIWqK1yEhfQbvy
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I have quite enjoyed this update but the thought of doing another one like it fills me with dread. I have no intention of visiting the Police Station again once I am finished and to be honest I'm not that interested in updating the various areas in the station. I should reach level 9 on the special agent tomorrow and that is it.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I liked the idea of being a detective, but I'm definitely tired of it now. I have no desire to begin another career. The tasks at the upper levels are so long, but because you have to meet the goals within the workshift you can't just go off and leave them working and come back when you have time. You have to continually monitor to finish the shift within the time limit and level up.

I have 2 sims at level 8 finally. Most of the sims to be helped require tasks that total over an hour each. Obviously, there is no way to serve 25 within 8 hours without spending lots of LPs, and I'm sure level 9 tasks will be even longer. With 2 upper level sims working, some of the requests total over 2 hours per sim. So just another ploy to spend LPs. And without even the incentive of new fashions, hair, or furniture to tempt me as a reward at the end. These profession updates are too much like work, and I enjoy my retirement too much to go back to work in a game! :D
carnjig
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by carnjig »

Has a full trailer been released yet?
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm hoping there's more to the update than just another profession. I'm taking my time with the police station now because I'm starting to get bored with it...my specialized officers are only level 7 and I've yet to unlock the jail cells. I like how it isn't timed and you can work at your own pace, but I'm not interested in another workplace.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Still at level 7 for both cops. Hopefully I level up after 2 or 3 days. If there is going to be another professional update,I hope it will be done differently from the police update, which is taking ages & boring.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Oh no not again. I finally reached Level 10 with my two sims and I will reach level 20 with the last part of the station today or tomorrow. I rather woudl love to have a community event again, by it the romance Island or something new.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Another one here very bored with this profession......zzzzzzz
I don't have a lot of time to spend on the game at the moment so I'm getting nowhere fast! I haven't even got any sims to level 7 yet but do you know what I'm just going to plug away at it as and when I can....a bit like the monuments that still aren't built, they will be eventually. I don't want to spend hard earned LPs to progress when the end of this is such a long way off. I do wish I'd put 2 of my slave sims in there though as my 2 professionals don't have much of a life outside of the police station
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)