June Update Hint?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: June Update Hint?

Post by julz21 »

One of the videos on youtube called this the "new police hobby". Is it both a new job and a new hobby? I just updated and started to build the police station so can't send a sim there yet to find out.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

julz21 wrote:One of the videos on youtube called this the "new police hobby". Is it both a new job and a new hobby? I just updated and started to build the police station so can't send a sim there yet to find out.
Nope, not a hobby just a job.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by julz21 »

So glad! I'm not into new hobbies right now.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Does that mean I can delay updating without missing anything?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

JakeSim wrote:Does that mean I can delay updating without missing anything?
At the moment there isn't anything with a time limit so you aren't missing anything yet.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JakeSim wrote:Does that mean I can delay updating without missing anything?
At the moment there isn't anything with a time limit so you aren't missing anything yet.
Great, I can take the time to rearrange my town before I update then.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

SimMutt wrote:
LovemySims wrote:So do things get stolen or not?! I don't want to update until I find out :lol:
It's safe to upload! We can put doors and windows back in our buildings at night. :mrgreen:

The crime affects random sims who turn up at the station. It looks like all police activity is centred at the police station rather than being everywhere in town.
Ahh thank goodness :lol: Thanks for the reply explaining things, this update looks interesting I think, I'll get updated now :mrgreen:
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

It seems like it is going to take a very long time to level up my cops enough to unlock the whole station. I don't mind having a long term project that I can work on casually...since it isn't timed I don't feel any pressure to grind away at it. I am a little disappointed that there aren't any real rewards outside of unlocking new areas, and I was really hoping for police uniforms either as a prize or to purchase through the wardrobe.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Does anybody know if sims level up when left alone at the police station? When you have a third police sims he is just send off to work like any other job and levells up. But I coulnd't figure out if I just can send the other two to wotk,, too, without attending to them further.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

mockingbird288z wrote:It's the hamster wheel to end all hamster wheels.

Like you said, it's another form of grinding but with no real perks. We are collecting resources which are used for upgrading the different areas of the station. All upgrading the areas do is help a little bit to get more resources and job xp. :roll:

All the tasks are very short (under 5 minutes). Maybe the other areas will have longer tasks but at the moment it is a lot of babysitting the game. It's nice if you have some time to play the game but on a day where you can only check in every now and then you can't get much done.
I've decided that a leave two sims alone at the station. I just don't have the time to play permanently. The thirs police sims is send directly to work like all the other profession. I will have him leveling up to 6 and then look into the ressoruces I need to built all the other stuff. I wish there would be one now room at any level but getting nothing at all till level 6 is frustrating.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London