Day Spa Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Day Spa Update - Changes

Post by +.jana.+ »

Thanks mockingbird, I only read the question now. Anyway - I tried it myself with the spa windows. While you can swap them once after you build the spa from the template, you can't swap them back. :(
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Honestly, I consider the way the spa windows work is right and the template is wrong.

In a real spa I would not like people outside on the street to be able to watch people getting their treatments inside. Usually there are blinds, screens or curtains preventing that. But the customers should be able to enjoy the nice surroundings from the inside, perfect purpose for one way windows. :D
So I think the windows work the way they are supposed to and I hope they don't change it.

If they could make them work like the doors, changing the direction by tapping, that's a change I would support.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

Thuraya wrote:Honestly, I consider the way the spa windows work is right and the template is wrong.

In a real spa I would not like people outside on the street to be able to watch people getting their treatments inside. Usually there are blinds, screens or curtains preventing that. But the customers should be able to enjoy the nice surroundings from the inside, perfect purpose for one way windows. :D
So I think the windows work the way they are supposed to and I hope they don't change it.

If they could make them work like the doors, changing the direction by tapping, that's a change I would support.
I completely agree, and was going to say this but you beat me to it! :) If you think about it, all windows should be able to be shut from the inside, like you're closing the blinds or the curtains for privacy. Why would you want people from the outside looking in? Creepy! :lol: I like how the spa windows are better than the template. Hope they don't change them, or just make them reversible like doors.
Level 55; Penthouse Update
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

Thuraya wrote:Honestly, I consider the way the spa windows work is right and the template is wrong.

That's an excellent point. Practically speaking, I agree with you. Aesthetically speaking, I think they look nicer when the slats are open from the outside. I'd really like to have the option so they could be used on houses that aren't being used as a spa and not look so closed up.
Game Center ID: •|•Jenna•|•
Facebook/JennaSimsFreeplay
HFN: 22 West Side
Haunted House: 3 East Side
Magic House: 11 West Side
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

If we rebuild on the spa plot, can we place the slatted blinds the right way around?
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

FreePlayFan24 wrote:I looks like my toddler dropped her diaper too.
That's just the frozen glitched toddler standing on a quilted teddy bear.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

SimMutt wrote:If we rebuild on the spa plot, can we place the slatted blinds the right way around?
You will only be able to swap them once, i.e. you would close them from outside. However there's no (known) way to swap back to the original state.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

+.jana.+ wrote:
SimMutt wrote:If we rebuild on the spa plot, can we place the slatted blinds the right way around?
You will only be able to swap them once, i.e. you would close them from outside. However there's no (known) way to swap back to the original state.
Thank you! All done. I hadn't even realised you could do that with doors :oops:
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

The urban coffee tables now have room for four objects instead of one. I liked having just the one in the middle :roll:

Also, we can now place items on the wicker table. I saw this one on Facebook and I'm fairly sure we couldn't do this before. :?:
Attachments
20160511_132035.jpg
20160510_125509.jpg
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Oh I wish they had not fixed the items being placed in the middle of the table, it really gets on my nerves when things go on the corner of the tables, it looks so wrong :roll: