Day Spa Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Day Spa Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:I just had a big update in my app store (ios) - over 300MB - and then nothing changed. Ugh. I'm getting tired of this toddler glitch.
Same here, updated and nothing fixed. My door issues from the event were fixed via a push before even updating. I hope they don't consider everything fixed.
I just noticed I have another update from yesterday that I've not done yet. Doing this 2nd update won't mess up where I am in the event, will it? I've never done an update when I've been in the middle of a quest or event. Just don't want to lose my progress.
It shouldn't mess up where you are in the event. It's still a good idea to save your game to the cloud before updating so if something strange does happen you can get your game and progress back.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:I just had a big update in my app store (ios) - over 300MB - and then nothing changed. Ugh. I'm getting tired of this toddler glitch.
Same here, updated and nothing fixed. My door issues from the event were fixed via a push before even updating. I hope they don't consider everything fixed.
I just noticed I have another update from yesterday that I've not done yet. Doing this 2nd update won't mess up where I am in the event, will it? I've never done an update when I've been in the middle of a quest or event. Just don't want to lose my progress.
It shouldn't mess up where you are in the event. It's still a good idea to save your game to the cloud before updating so if something strange does happen you can get your game and progress back.
Thanks so much. Didn't want to screw up anything.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

Has anyone else noticed the slatted windows in the spa template preview look differently when you compare them to use in a house? In the template preview they appear to be open and you can see inside. When I've put them in a house, they appear closed... Unless you're inside looking out. I've attached photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

Edited: Look at the spa template from the inside... the windows appear closed! They're backwards! I think they're right in the template and backwards on the houses. Ugh.
Attachments
Spa template from inside
Spa template from inside
Windows from the inside
Windows from the inside
Windows from the outside
Windows from the outside
Spa template from outside
Spa template from outside
Game Center ID: •|•Jenna•|•
Facebook/JennaSimsFreeplay
HFN: 22 West Side
Haunted House: 3 East Side
Magic House: 11 West Side
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

SimAddict wrote:... Look at the spa template from the inside... the windows appear closed! They're backwards! I think they're right in the template and backwards on the houses. Ugh.
Did you try swapping them by tapping inside/outside when adding the window? It would be the same as when you add doors and decide whether it should be a "left" or "right" door.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Narset
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Narset »

Didn't see this mentioned, but the visual glitch with the Urban beds was fixed!

Those new Urban couches are amazing, I want them in real life! The new green rug also looks perfect with the Urban furniture.
mockingbird288z

Narset wrote:Didn't see this mentioned, but the visual glitch with the Urban beds was fixed!

Those new Urban couches are amazing, I want them in real life! The new green rug also looks perfect with the Urban furniture.
My game still has the glitch with the urban beds. :(
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

+.jana.+ wrote:
SimAddict wrote:... Look at the spa template from the inside... the windows appear closed! They're backwards! I think they're right in the template and backwards on the houses. Ugh.
Did you try swapping them by tapping inside/outside when adding the window? It would be the same as when you add doors and decide whether it should be a "left" or "right" door.
I had no idea you could that with doors or windows! I'm not even sure how. I'll mess around with it and see if I can figure it out. Thank you!!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

+.jana.+ wrote:
Wait, you can change doors? How exactly? I am a level 55 player and never figured this out. And doors with handles on the wrong side drive me nuts.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote:
+.jana.+ wrote:
Wait, you can change doors? How exactly? I am a level 55 player and never figured this out. And doors with handles on the wrong side drive me nuts.
If you tap in the green squares the handle will switch sides. If you tap on one square and it doesn't change sides you need to tap on the other green square.
image.jpeg

I tried this with the windows with no success in changing the direction of the slats. :( In the built spa template the windows are correct but I couldn't get any window I added to go in the same direction.
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

mockingbird288z wrote: If you tap in the green squares the handle will switch sides. If you tap on one square and it doesn't change sides you need to tap on the other green square.

I tried this with the windows with no success in changing the direction of the slats. :( In the built spa template the windows are correct but I couldn't get any window I added to go in the same direction.
Thank you so much for the instructions! As far as the windows go, hopefully the developers will fix this soon because they look odd from the outside.