All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

New Hobbies / Sims Ratio

Post by Butterfly »

Hey simmers!

I'm curious to know how you manage hobbies to sims when it comes to competitions. For example, with the current sim limit and the abundance of hobbies, how do have a sim skilled in EVERY hobby for competition purposes?
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: New Hobbies / Sims Ratio

Post by MayaRose »

I try to unlock each hobby as it comes out, that way I don't need a sim skilled in each hobbies for events - all the slots will be open within each hobby anyway. Then I can just use as many sims as I like or can on the hobby when it's used in an event without having to worry about any being on level 6.
GC name : MayaRose1138
HH & HFN: 1 & 2 Firehouse Rd
Music: 10 West Side. TV: $22mil
Firepole: 2 Bliss Docks
Animals: Volcano view

GC name: DragonStar249
HFN & HH: 2 & 3 Firehouse Rd
TV: $24mil
Other: same as game 1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I don't bother with the competition center. To me, the rewards you get aren't worth a whole day of my sim's time. I don't have sims working on all the hobbies in the game, either. My adult sims (before this update) were either woodworkers or chefs. Now I'm debating between switching my former woodworkers to the cooking hobby or the ghost hunting hobby.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

I also no longer use the competition center. When i first built it, I would send sims, but after some changes, the rewards weren't good enough to have a Sim gone for 24h. I can get better results having Sim's on hobbies. When I did use the center i tried to have a Sim for most hobbies, but at that time there weren't as many hobbies as we have now since i had not started Life Dreams.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am already at Level 55 & is currently up-to-date with the quests. Have done the lifedreams. The only thing that I have not built is the competition center. Since I heard it's like the Bingo Hall, taking 24 hours of a sim's time, I just did not bother to build it. My sims do selective hobbies only. There are hobbies which I dont care to repeat again after completing it.