Pre-built house crash

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Pre-built house crash

Post by SimMutt »

I just realised that all of the time I've been playing this game differently. If I change a house structurally, I send my sims to one of their neighbours (pets too), so they don't get the noise and dust and chaos. So walls won't fall on them.

C'mon Freeplay! Give us hard hats!

Changing the pool while a sim is actually diving is wonderfully weird and daring in that context. What would the sims think?! ;)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In the meantime I could reproduce a crash while a sim was diving at my HFN. The first time I got the empty pop up, although there were plenty of ladders in the pool. Then I had my sim climb out of the pool, took away the ladders except one and had her diving again. Again I got the empty pop up and the next trial beamed me to the home screen of my device.
This did not happen, when Grace was swimming or using the inflatable toy, which is pretty weird and should not be possible.

I don't think this bug has anything to do with newly built houses or the device. I haven't built houses at all since downloading the Update. Also I'm now playing with a fresh installed game on a new device.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Shona wrote:Now that I come to think of it, it was while I was trying to add a ladder that my game crashed.
I deleted both my architect homes, thinking they might be the cause. A pity as they cost lots of SP.

You might give a thought doing a support ticket @ FM and tell them what happened with the crashing & why you deleted such costly houses. It's a veeerrrry slim chance but maybe they'll either give free replacement houses or your SP back.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: I don't think this bug has anything to do with newly built houses or the device. I haven't built houses at all since downloading the Update. Also I'm now playing with a fresh installed game on a new device.
I agree, after testing it on a newly built house I tested it at a house I've had for years. The same thing happened.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

I just tested this on my other game that I haven't updated - no problem adding or moving ladders. Must be a new bug in the Romance update.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:As I said earlier, I have no problem resizing the pool while a sim is diving/swimming
Ok. Sorry for thinking that it made sense if it would not be possible.

The ladder thing seems an error in the game indeed.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1