Cloud restore is crashing game!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Cloud restore is crashing game!

Post by snoodess »

Help! I did a reset after a cloud save (just updated to Romance) and now the game crashes every time I try to restore! I'm on an iPad with iOS 9.2.1. Any tricks I can try. I only use Game Center, not Facebook.
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Cloud restore is crashing game!

Post by snoodess »

I am so bummed about this. I finally got the event icon after hitting the banana icon above someone planting. I built the boat, got more sims planting bananas, took ten sims to clean up the island, and then I tried the coin plant. I saved first of course, got an XP prize, decided to reset and try again since I'm level 55 and XP is worthless, and now it crashes every time I try to restore. I was so psyched for this update. I logged out and back into game center, opened support ticket, posted on FB, deleted and reinstalled game, and it's still happening. Wah! I get as far as the screen that shows your current progress where you confirm the cloud download. Anything else I could attempt? My husband has an older iPad I could try installing on. Do iPad cloud restores work on iPhone? I have a phone too.
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

I posted this in the Event thread:

Several people have posted on the Freeplay Facebook page about this issue and cloud restores causing the game to crash/not load. The recommendation there is to contact Firemonkeys customer support. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/thesimsfreeplay/?fref=nf

You should be able to try it on your phone or the older iPad, the cloud restores work cross-device, you need to be signed in with the gamecenter id of the original device.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

I'm having the same problem with my new iPad mini. I tried downloading the game to my iPhone 5s and it also has the problem.
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

pandap4nts wrote:I'm having the same problem with my new iPad mini. I tried downloading the game to my iPhone 5s and it also has the problem.
Several people are having this issue, according to the Sims Freeplay Facebook page. My friend's fixed after she deleted the game and re-installed it. However she had not saved to the cloud after updating.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Yes, SusiQ, I think it was the clouds save post-updating that is the issue. When I am prompted to upload cloud save, it says "must download additional content to use this cloud save," and the after tapping yes, it starts the load screen crash cycle again. I guess if I chose "no," it would suggest starting a new game, but I haven't actually tried that yet...
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Just wanted to update, unfortunately not with a fix. I tried downloading the game to my partner's 2nd generation iPad and restoring my game, but the same crash problems occurred. So, that's three devices I've tried, it looks like the fix is going to have to come from EA. Hopefully in time for all of us to get the time limited content! :/
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Agh, my game is still crashing when trying to restore from cloud. No word from firemonkeys. So frustrating to read the threads and see/hear about all the cool stuff I'm missing out on. Reduced to talking to myself on this lonely thread... Waaahh! :(
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by snoodess »

Not sure it helps any, but I'm in the same boat. Still. I opened a ticket Monday and haven't heard a peep. I've tried every suggestion I've seen publicly posted and it's still crashing. I'm so sad. Sending along commiseration.
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Aw, thanks, and I'm sorry you're suffering the withdrawal as well. There's still quite a few days left in the event, so hopefully we'll be able to unlock all the community furnishings and clothes and stuff, without having to plant so many damn bananas! I assume the island locations will be available to unlock/build after the event; it seems weird that some people would have an island of nothing forever in our games.

It's very frustrating having heard nothing back from firemonkeys beside the initial stock reply. I'm like, should I keep uninstalling, or will they eventually "push" a fix through to our currently installed games? I asked, but no response.