[Trailer] Time for a romantic getaway - Romance Update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Trailer] Time for a romantic getaway - Romance Update

Post by Lyla L »

SimMutt wrote: I just watched a youtube reaction video to the Romance trailer and they must have laser vision. :shock: They read 'level 11’ from the small print at the end so it's definitely not going to be added onto the orbs stuff. Relieved!

LOL, I think that might have been our video. Yeah, they have been showing the required levels in recent trailers, as Leah pointed out. We have zoomed in on trailer reactions before but this time we were too lazy so we just squinted and crossed our fingers we were correct. :lol: I think it's clear enough in fullscreen view, though.

I don't think this is proof however that there won't be additional requirements such as the Mysterious Island Beach. For instance, Baby Steps still required you to have completed the original baby and toddler quests, right? But I think it would be very unfair to make this new content depend especially on a location which you can only unlock with orbs or tons of LPs. Many players wouldn't be able to participate.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lyla L wrote:
SimMutt wrote: I just watched a youtube reaction video to the Romance trailer and they must have laser vision. :shock: They read 'level 11’ from the small print at the end so it's definitely not going to be added onto the orbs stuff. Relieved!
I don't think this is proof however that there won't be additional requirements such as the Mysterious Island Beach. For instance, Baby Steps still required you to have completed the original baby and toddler quests, right? But I think it would be very unfair to make this new content depend especially on a location which you can only unlock with orbs or tons of LPs. Many players wouldn't be able to participate.
I very highly doubt it will have anything to do with the beach in the mysterious island. When FM added the trailer to their YouTube channel they posted some additional info with it. That info said there will be a new island, the Tropical Romance Island. I've posted a screenshot of the info on page 4 of this topic if you are interested. With that info and the "displayed content available at level 11" info is why we were relieved on the orb side of things.

I watched the trailer on a phone, tablet, and a computer. I couldn't clearly see what level they put on any of those devices. To me it was fuzzy on my computer at fullscreen and impossible to see on my phone. Wonder why they changed it from the baby steps and glitz and glam. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I hope already married sims can have a rededication ceremony at the new wedding venue because I'd love to have lovely pics of their wedding... well or divorce them and remarry them - but not sure that's even possible either.
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

mockingbird288z wrote:
I very highly doubt it will have anything to do with the beach in the mysterious island. When FM added the trailer to their YouTube channel they posted some additional info with it. That info said there will be a new island, the Tropical Romance Island. I've posted a screenshot of the info on page 4 of this topic if you are interested. With that info and the "displayed content available at level 11" info is why we were relieved on the orb side of things.

Yah, I've seen the info in their video description and linked others to it as well. I agree with you that it sounds like it won't be connected to the orbs beach -- like I said, it would be terribly unfair -- but I always just maintain that last 1% of skeptical wariness until the update has actually been played all the way through. ;) For instance, what if the boat to the new island only leaves from the orbs beach? Maybe it means lots of players complain, but maybe also lots of players buy lots of LPs. Who knows what kind of financial bottom line FM is aiming for? :roll:
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
mockingbird288z

Lyla L wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

Yah, I've seen the info in their video description and linked others to it as well. I agree with you that it sounds like it won't be connected to the orbs beach -- like I said, it would be terribly unfair -- but I always just maintain that last 1% of skeptical wariness until the update has actually been played all the way through. ;) For instance, what if the boat to the new island only leaves from the orbs beach? Maybe it means lots of players complain, but maybe also lots of players buy lots of LPs. Who knows what kind of financial bottom line FM is aiming for? :roll:
For Baby Steps they said the displayed content was available at level 10 and that is the level the Nanny Knows Best quest is unlocked. The only requirement for it is to have a baby (unlocked at level 8). And for Glitz and Glam they said displayed content is available at level 12 which is the level the Sunset Mall quest is unlocked at. Stands to reason then that this new island will be available at level 1(?).

I'm not sure there will actually be a boat. I don't trust those pop up adds to show us real content. So many times they have shown things in those ads that aren't in the game. :)
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Lyla L wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

For Baby Steps they said the displayed content was available at level 10 and that is the level the Nanny Knows Best quest is unlocked. The only requirement for it is to have a baby (unlocked at level 8). And for Glitz and Glam they said displayed content is available at level 12 which is the level the Sunset Mall quest is unlocked at. Stands to reason then that this new island will be available at level 1(?).

I'm not sure there will actually be a boat. I don't trust those pop up adds to show us real content. So many times they have shown things in those ads that aren't in the game. :)
If there were a liner they could make the party boat into the embarkation point. Possibly. Click on it and choose Cruise or something like that. I feel they simply wouldn't want the stink of making a new update depend on the Legacies thing, which they've not added to for over a year (is it that long??)
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by julz21 »

SimMutt wrote:
If there were a liner they could make the party boat into the embarkation point. Possibly. Click on it and choose Cruise or something like that.
I like this idea. :D
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

I actually like the fantasy element. Real life's a drag most of the time so, yay for fairies and mermaids! :lol:

I don't have the beach yet since it's taking me forever to complete the silver orbs so I hope this is a new area that doesn't require orbs. *crosses fingers*
mockingbird288z

julz21 wrote:
SimMutt wrote:
If there were a liner they could make the party boat into the embarkation point. Possibly. Click on it and choose Cruise or something like that.
I like this idea. :D
I like this idea, too!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Deedee wrote:I hope already married sims can have a rededication ceremony at the new wedding venue because I'd love to have lovely pics of their wedding... well or divorce them and remarry them - but not sure that's even possible either.
Yes, you can divorce sims. The sims need to be rude to each other (not sure how many times) and then eventually the option for divorce will come up. I've divorced and remarried couples before. They stay in the same house so it's easy to remarry them.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)