[Trailer] Time for a romantic getaway - Romance Update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [Trailer] Time for a romantic getaway - Romance Update

Post by mockingbird288z »

Pellaz wrote:Mermaids? Wtf?

Dragons, fairies, broomstick flying... Are they switching from life simulation to fantasy or what?
The mermaids don't necessarily have to be fantasy...just our sims dressing up as mermaids. It wouldn't be unheard of. :D

Also, I think FreePlay was always meant to be a mobile version of the PC games (obviously there are limitations because of the mobile devices) and all thoses fantasy things exist in the Sims games (at least Sims 3).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Noodle doodle wrote:In view of the new mermaid/ mermen additions, do you think we should maybe prepare with the diving hobby, to level up to level 6 for all those Sims who grind away to get the grid filled...what do you think? Or, maybe they will create a new hobby...
All I know is it took me ages to level up for the woodworking hobby for my work force team...
Cheers Noodles ;)
I think it is far more likely that the mermaid thing, if it is a hobby, will be a new hobby rather than using an old hobby. I would really love it to not be tied to a hobby. It would be a nice change for once!!
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

When does this update launch?
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
mockingbird288z

JakeSim wrote:Hopefully you won't need to have all quests completed otherwise I'm gonna have a lot of work.
The only reason I could see that you would need all the queued quests completed is if the Tropical Romance Island were to be unlocked with orbs from a new personality (perhaps Romantic?). If that were the case it would just be one more thing added to the list of locations you could unlock once you compete the Life Dreams and Legacies quest. I really doubt FM would have a limited time event use a hobby that needed orbs to unlock so I don't think there would be any rush to complete it. Of course, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If it's following the current trend of needing a Discovery Quest to unlock then there would only be a level requirement to unlock the quest and you couldn't be doing another Discovery quest to be able to do this one. You don't have to have all of the Discovery quests done to be able to do a new one.
mockingbird288z

Simsational wrote:When does this update launch?
I have to agree with what Dellie said here. The pattern has been that the updates are released on the Monday/Tuesday (depending on time zone) following the release of the trailer. So next Monday (for me) and Tuesday is my guess.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JakeSim wrote:Hopefully you won't need to have all quests completed otherwise I'm gonna have a lot of work.
The only reason I could see that you would need all the queued quests completed is if the Tropical Romance Island were to be unlocked with orbs from a new personality (perhaps Romantic?). If that were the case it would just be one more thing added to the list of locations you could unlock once you compete the Life Dreams and Legacies quest. I really doubt FM would have a limited time event use a hobby that needed orbs to unlock so I don't think there would be any rush to complete it. Of course, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If it's following the current trend of needing a Discovery Quest to unlock then there would only be a level requirement to unlock the quest and you couldn't be doing another Discovery quest to be able to do this one. You don't have to have all of the Discovery quests done to be able to do a new one.
I just watched a youtube reaction video to the Romance trailer and they must have laser vision. :shock: They read 'level 11’ from the small print at the end so it's definitely not going to be added onto the orbs stuff. Relieved!
mockingbird288z

SimMutt wrote: I just watched a youtube reaction video to the Romance trailer and they must have laser vision. :shock: They read 'level 11’ from the small print at the end so it's definitely not going to be added onto the orbs stuff. Relieved!
Good news! I was kinda worried since there used to be a Romantic personality!

I watched the trailer again and I saw it! I can't lay claim to laser vision because I can't make out what the second number is but I do believe the first number is a 1. :D

Since I've never noticed that they had a "Displayed content available at level __" notice before I re-watched past trailers. It looks like they started doing that in the Baby Steps update trailer. That one has a very clear "Displayed content available at level 10." Glitz and Glam trailer has a very clear "Level 12" notice. Nothing for the Magic and Monsters trailer but that was more a teaser instead of a full trailer. The 2015 Christmas update has a fuzzy "Displayed content available at level 6 (I think)". Something to look out for in the future!
cabbagesim
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Romance Update!!

Post by cabbagesim »

So I just watched the trailer for the new Romance update which came out yesterday. Holy crap there are going to be mermaids. And maybe an actual wedding venue.

Thoughts?
mockingbird288z

Re: Romance Update!!

cabbagesim wrote:So I just watched the trailer for the new Romance update which came out yesterday. Holy crap there are going to be mermaids. And maybe an actual wedding venue.

Thoughts?
I've moved your post to the proper topic. :)
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

I wish there will be a new bikini collection too.