[EVENT] Boutique Hair Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Boutique Hair Event

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

I never knew there was even a save feature available for my game! Wow... maybe it's been doing it automatically all along and I had no idea? BTW, is this hair boutique for women only or also for men's hairstyles? Does a male version usually follow an all-female one?
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

a_strange_occurrence wrote:I never knew there was even a save feature available for my game! Wow... maybe it's been doing it automatically all along and I had no idea? BTW, is this hair boutique for women only or also for men's hairstyles? Does a male version usually follow an all-female one?
When you collect rewards from the party boat, most of the time this triggers an autosave.

This event is for women's hairstyles only. I don't think there's been a men's event like this. (There should be, good idea!) The only event that gives new male hairstyles is The Styles of Time quest which gives three new hairstyles for men and women. This quest comes around every so often.
legna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by legna »

Just got a pop up that this is coming back soon!
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

legna wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 05:12 Just got a pop up that this is coming back soon!
Here's a pic :D
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

ilovethesims wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 09:35
legna wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 05:12 Just got a pop up that this is coming back soon!
Here's a pic :D
Don't think it worked, I'll try again
Attachments
Yay!
Yay!
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
Kim_Z
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kim_Z »

This one is showing up for me as well. I have one hair style left from last time. I hear some players are actually getting the Easter event instead. Anyone on here have that one?
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

My game is not showing any upcoming events. I finished the hair event, but I didn't try very hard to finish the Easter event last year. I wasn't interested in the onesies so I quit, but I wouldn't mind filling the other half of my egg display now!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kim_Z wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 16:08 This one is showing up for me as well. I have one hair style left from last time. I hear some players are actually getting the Easter event instead. Anyone on here have that one?
I've not heard or seen of anyone say they are getting the Easter event. It would be unprecedented to have some players get one quest and other players another.

Last year's Easter quest lasted 7 days or ended on Easter depending on how late you updated. Personally I think it's a little late for an Easter event to start but I guess they could always start one after Easter.

We've known that the Boutique Hair Event would be returning since at least April 6th. And FM's been a lot better lately at announcing events but the Easter one isn't listed for this update. That doesn't mean it still won't happen but....

Last Thursday I uploaded an old save to the Day Care update and the Daycare event had 10 days left instead of 11 which means the official end to the Daycare event is April 15th. We typically start to get the hobby event notices about a week before the event starts although it's been less than a week before. So I expect the Boutique Hair event to start either on April 17th or 18th. Now technically FM could have an Easter event start on Easter and run simultaneously with the Boutique Hair Event but even that so soon after the Daycare event seems like a stretch for FM. If they do do that, I'm glad I've already done both events and can sit this out.

Edit: Must have misread how many days left when I updated that save - official end of the Day Care event is the 19th.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Kim_Z
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kim_Z »

I saw this in a Facebook group, as someone who saw it in another group... So obviously it must be true! 😂 Honestly, my first couple of thoughts was it must be a past picture of the event or someone, ahem, time traveled. Guess time will tell!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kim_Z wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 21:10 I saw this in a Facebook group, as someone who saw it in another group... So obviously it must be true! 😂 Honestly, my first couple of thoughts was it must be a past picture of the event or someone, ahem, time traveled. Guess time will tell!
Whether it's coming or not it's not going to be an either/or situation with another event so no worries!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update