[QUEST] The Styles of Time (Time Capsule)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Easter Update - Changes

Post by pinkribbon »

This morning I received a pop up stating that I had 2 days left to complete The Styles of Time quest. I don't recall finishing it but is this something new? Maybe a chance to get a prize you may have missed? Has anyone else experienced this? It started around the 70% mark and I've been able to do the quest (check the capsule again - 1 min, check the bookshelf for the card - 4 min, place card in capsule - 2 min, and now I'm on panic in front of capsule - 10 hr+). Those times look different than when it first came out but it seems like I'm on day 5?

So confused! Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [QUEST] The Styles of Time

Post by JakeSim »

As some of you have noticed this quest has returned, all the tasks are the same but the times are different so I post the same OP with new times, if the moderators want you can edit the OP and delete this.

Send a sim to the park - instant
Investigate glint at the park - 1 minute
Examine the capsule - 10 minutes
Discuss technology with another sim - 45
Plug USB into a computer - 1 sec
Check USB files on a computer - 9 hours 30 min
Place USB in time capsule - 15 minutes
Wait for Day 2 (can skip with LPs)

Day 2
Check the time capsule - 1 minute
Ask a sim on a date - 15 minutes
Watch the ducks together - 2 hours 30 minutes
Give flowers to a sim - 5 minutes 1 second
Passionately kiss your date - 15 minutes
Place flower in capsule - 45 minutes
Investigate the capsule chamber - 13 hours
Wait for Day 3

Unlocks 1 hairstyle for adult men and women.

Day 3
Check the capsule display - 5 minutes
Watch a modern lifestyle show - 6 hours
Try on a new hairstyle - instant
Have 5 sims at a house - instant
Have 4 sims retro dance to a stereo - instant (when 4th sim joins)
Film the party - 10 minutes
Raid the refrigerator - 9 hours 30 minutes
Place video in capsule - 5 minutes
Wait for Day 4

Day 4
Read a cookbook - 1 minute 36 seconds
Get the first ingredient - 7 hours 15 minutes (tree)
Get the second ingredient - 1 hour (Grow watermelons)
Get the final ingredient - 1 minute (duck pond at park)
Make the special recipe - 9 hours 30 minutes
Place incense in capsule - 1 minute
Investigate the second chamber - 5 minutes
Wait for Day 5

Unlocks 1 hat for adult men and women.

Day 5
Check the capsule again - 1 minute
Check a bookshelf for the card - 3 minutes 12 seconds
Place card in capsule - 2 minutes
Panic in front of capsule - 10 hours 15 minutes
Ask the statue for help - 2 minutes
Call a 2nd sim to the park - instant
Pretend to sing - 9 hours 30 minutes
Wait for Day 6

Day 6
Check a park bench for used gum - 54 seconds
Stick gum in the statue's ears - 2 minutes
Listen to the statue's idea - 8 hours 30 minutes
Prepare a disguise in the park toilets - 1 minutes
Boil water on a stove - 3 minutes 12 seconds
Pour water into a capsule - 12 hours 15 minutes
Investigate the final chamber - 5 minutes
Celebrate to a park stereo - instant (when 4th sim joins)

Unlocks 1 hair style for adult men and women.

That makes 2 new hairstyles and 1 hat - all for adults.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

pinkribbon wrote:This morning I received a pop up stating that I had 2 days left to complete The Styles of Time quest. I don't recall finishing it but is this something new? Maybe a chance to get a prize you may have missed? Has anyone else experienced this? It started around the 70% mark and I've been able to do the quest (check the capsule again - 1 min, check the bookshelf for the card - 4 min, place card in capsule - 2 min, and now I'm on panic in front of capsule - 10 hr+). Those times look different than when it first came out but it seems like I'm on day 5?

So confused! Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.
Yes, the quest has returned for newer players and the ones that haven't completed it the first time :)

(I have moved your post to the related topic.)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

JakeSim wrote:As some of you have noticed this quest has returned, all the tasks are the same but the times are different so I post the same OP with new times, if the moderators want you can edit the OP and delete this.
Thank you!!! I've put a link to your post with the new times in the OP. :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JakeSim wrote:As some of you have noticed this quest has returned, all the tasks are the same but the times are different so I post the same OP with new times, if the moderators want you can edit the OP and delete this.
Thank you!!! I've put a link to your post with the new times in the OP. :D
Thank you Leah.
EspioIdsavant
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by EspioIdsavant »

This quest series popped up for me this morning (I started playing a few months ago) so it looks like its back again -- so far the times for Day 1 look to be the same.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Yep, I'm a relatively new player and this just popped up for me this morning as well. I'm glad to see these kinds of events coming around so that new players can participate. For older players, though, it might be annoying to see an old event that they've already done rather than something new.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I'm doing the quest on my 2nd Sims game & am happy to have the cute hair styles. Thanks for the new times. I am noticing the restaurant quest popped up & I am still building mall stores. I clicked on the mall without a quest about 10 days ago because my Sims clothes were awful. ;) Then the mall quest automatically popped up. Anyway, since I am still building the mall stores, I completely ignored building the restaurant. It was $250,000 which is costly since I'm building the mall stores. I assume I'll be able & build the restaurant when I have more money, right? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Also the make up is now extremely limited for people just starting the game. There is almost no make up. I really liked the pink & even the dark purple. I hope those will come with the make over hobby. Does anyone know?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote:I'm doing the quest on my 2nd Sims game & am happy to have the cute hair styles. Thanks for the new times. I am noticing the restaurant quest popped up & I am still building mall stores. I clicked on the mall without a quest about 10 days ago because my Sims clothes were awful. ;) Then the mall quest automatically popped up. Anyway, since I am still building the mall stores, I completely ignored building the restaurant. It was $250,000 which is costly since I'm building the mall stores. I assume I'll be able & build the restaurant when I have more money, right? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Also the make up is now extremely limited for people just starting the game. There is almost no make up. I really liked the pink & even the dark purple. I hope those will come with the make over hobby. Does anyone know?
The Sous Judgmental quest for the restaurant is a queued quest. So the timer for the limited time prize is ticking (chef outfits). You can build the restaurant (the first goal) when ever you want but if you want the chef outfits you need to do it quickly.

Once you build the salon a lot of the make up should become available. The salon used to be a pre-build but not any longer. There is more make up in the make up hobby, too.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Rosie wrote:I'm doing the quest on my 2nd Sims game & am happy to have the cute hair styles. Thanks for the new times. I am noticing the restaurant quest popped up & I am still building mall stores. I clicked on the mall without a quest about 10 days ago because my Sims clothes were awful. ;) Then the mall quest automatically popped up. Anyway, since I am still building the mall stores, I completely ignored building the restaurant. It was $250,000 which is costly since I'm building the mall stores. I assume I'll be able & build the restaurant when I have more money, right? Does anyone know? Thanks!

The Sous Judgmental quest for the restaurant is a queued quest. So the timer for the limited time prize is ticking (chef outfits). You can build the restaurant (the first goal) when ever you want but if you want the chef outfits you need to do it quickly.

Once you build the salon a lot of the make up should become available. The salon used to be a pre-build but not any longer. There is more make up in the make up hobby, too.
OK. Thank you. I'm so happy about that. In my other game, it seems like my Sims were doing the make up artist quest for a long time. Hopefully it will go quicker this time.