[QUEST] The Styles of Time (Time Capsule)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [QUEST] The Styles of Time

Post by playsims »

Finally finished the whole 6 day quest without the use of LPs speeding. One has to both be a night owl & an early bird to catch up. Fortunately I can be both.

I did the last task of celebrating at a house instead of the park. It' still works. The task is for 2 hours but it instantly finishes once the 4th sim joins in.
What cracks me up is the expressions & actions of all 4 sims.

Where's the Joy of Celebration? I already saw a previous post of 1 sim kneeling, head bend down & hands on the face. But struck me as peculiar is all 4 sims are acting so angry & despairing. That's celebrating??? FM must be expecting simmers to be in that mood for all the glitches that happens in this quest. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where's the Joy?
Where's the Joy?
Celebration of Anger & Despair
Celebration of Anger & Despair
:x :x :x :x :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

After six days listening the same song every day all day long, the sims finally could stop the music. Sure it's time to celebrate. If only the "very special song" would have been different ... :roll: ... :D
For sure, I did understand my sims ^^
Attachments
Finaly the music stopped.
Finaly the music stopped.
A very special song has been arranged.
A very special song has been arranged.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

ErinPW wrote:After six days listening the same song every day all day long, the sims finally could stop the music. Sure it's time to celebrate. If only the "very special song" would have been different ... :roll: ... :D
...Too stupid that I didn't have the music on! (I always have the music off.) I will never know what kind of music they were playing :lol: It just looked very weird....
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Huaca Flora wrote:
ErinPW wrote:After six days listening the same song every day all day long, the sims finally could stop the music. Sure it's time to celebrate. If only the "very special song" would have been different ... :roll: ... :D
...Too stupid that I didn't have the music on! (I always have the music off.) I will never know what kind of music they were playing :lol: It just looked very weird....
It sounded like a Simlish version of Jingle Bells to me.
Vampitch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Vampitch »

I found a link to the song on youtube: ok apparently I can't post the link because I'm probably too new on this forum. But search jingle bells sims freeplay if you like and it comes up in youtube ;)

It was this song on continuous repeat. And at first I thought it was wonderful but by the end of the second day I had had enough of it, in despair like my sims as well :lol:
Fairy update
Level 54. iOS. UTC +3.
Paused at seniors quest.
I am currently not accepting any neighbours for any games.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I was wondering about why they were so upset too, since I play with the sound off. The the simlish gibberish and noise they make are extremely annoying to me, and I usually listen to my own music on my iPad when playing.

Wondering when the next hairstyles quest will start now. I just saw a spoiler on FB that looks like at least one of them will include a grey option! I hope it's true.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

When I read the first post about upset sims, I switched the sound on, so I could listen. Well, first it was okay :)

Here is the link to the song on youtube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPWdYdWIw80
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Vampitch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Vampitch »

ErinPW wrote:When I read the first post about upset sims, I switched the sound on, so I could listen. Well, first it was okay :)

Here is the link to the song on youtube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPWdYdWIw80

ahhh perfect! This is the link I wanted to add as well, thank you :D :D
Fairy update
Level 54. iOS. UTC +3.
Paused at seniors quest.
I am currently not accepting any neighbours for any games.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

So this short jingle bells song is the song that was played by that capsule in the park all week long?
I can imagine that I wouldn't want to listen to this song all those days! :lol:
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Huaca Flora wrote:
What kind of celebration is this? It is more like worshipping... Maybe it is the retro way of admiring new hair styles :lol:
It took me awhile to figure out what was going on, too! The music playing out of the radio is what was coming from the Christmas card that our sims were trying so hard to turn off. They are in despair! The bits and pieces I've read of the quest seemed pretty cute, shame I was too annoyed by the quick turnaround to bother reading it all. :roll:
Before the event was over I did the quest on a game that I don't usually play. The quest was cute...ish. I think the toddler playhouse quest is still the cutest!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update