[QUEST] The Styles of Time (Time Capsule)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [QUEST] The Styles of Time

Post by blackbrit »

Misdiva007 wrote:Hey how do you reset your sims for your LPs?
Do you mean reset the hobby grid when it is full? The "reset" function is through the green bar at the top of the grid. Is that what you were asking about?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Rosie take it from someone who used to be very anti-cloud-save it really is a very useful tool for smoother game play.

I never used to use the actual cloud-save but just the 'save' you get when you collect from the party boat or visiting other towns. Which was fine because I also never did a uninstall/reinstall either. This summer I decided to start saving to the cloud during quests and I'm very glad I did because my game went belly up after completing the Night of the Candy Monsters quest. I fought the game and my Gen1 IPad for over a month before getting a newer iPad and because I'd saved to the cloud I was able to jump right back into the game. If I hadn't saved to the cloud I would have lost all the stuff I'd earned from the quests and things before my game crashed (at least I think that's what would have happened). During quests/events i try to remember to save after completing that day's tasks or after a long or complicated task. Especially useful with all the hobby-grinding involved in events lately.

Long story short - saving to or downloading from the cloud (or doing an uninstall/reinstall) can be scary to think about but they're easy to do and so helpful if something goes wrong. The instructions here on the forum are easy enough to follow that even a semi-computer-literate person like me can feel confident doing them. I now save to the cloud a lot even if I rarely DL from it because then my saved game is there if I need it.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Misdiva007
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Misdiva007 »

I want to use my LPs then reset the game so I don't lose them all doing the quest
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

Misdiva007 wrote:I want to use my LPs then reset the game so I don't lose them all doing the quest
I think you're referring to the comment I made about LPs and resetting? Sorry if I was confusing, but I was specifically just talking about doing the quest very quickly to record a video. I need tons of LPs for that. But when I am finished recording the video, I go back to my cloud saved version from before doing the quest, and then I do the quest all over again normally with no LPs or much fewer LPs.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Misdiva007 wrote:Hey how do you reset your sims for your LPs?
A link to the directions about cloud saves had been posted in two posts above your first post in this topic and later in a reply to your question overthere: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3468&p=45517#p45521
They should be easy to find now :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

If we skip ahead using LPs, can we avoid the glitch and get the hairstyles, since this adds more time?
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mudgenie wrote:If we skip ahead using LPs, can we avoid the glitch and get the hairstyles, since this adds more time?
I skipped with LPs and did not have any glitch. I earned/currently using all the hairstyles and hats.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Strange things happened during this quest! :shock:

(And no, it was not Bugs Bunny, the bunny living in my Sim Town....)

What kind of celebration is this? It is more like worshipping... Maybe it is the retro way of admiring new hair styles :lol:
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Huaca, you have a makeover..Very Nice Hairstyle!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Huaca Flora wrote:
What kind of celebration is this? It is more like worshipping... Maybe it is the retro way of admiring new hair styles :lol:
It took me awhile to figure out what was going on, too! The music playing out of the radio is what was coming from the Christmas card that our sims were trying so hard to turn off. They are in despair! The bits and pieces I've read of the quest seemed pretty cute, shame I was too annoyed by the quick turnaround to bother reading it all. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update