[QUEST] The Styles of Time (Time Capsule)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] The Styles of Time

Post by mockingbird288z »

The notifications have always been a bit off. I was getting notifications that the Gingerbread house was going to be whisked away after I unlocked it, the splash screen for their birthday didn't pop up until after their birthday, earlier this year their were notifications to unlock the rainbow unicorn after the event for it was over, and I remember specifically one time in 2013 where I got a notification to unlock a pool cleaner by doing the diving hobby. I hurriedly tapped on the notification to go into the game spent some LPs to complete the diving faster only to realize that everything looked normal, the event was over the day before. That was the last time I paid attention to their notifications and the last time I stopped playing the game (had only been a week!) without checking some other place for info. At least we can say they are consistent! :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

playsims wrote:Huaca, you have a makeover..Very Nice Hairstyle!
Haha, yes! Thank you! ;-) It was about time :lol:
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I paid 10 LPs to go to the 4th day and then when that day's tasks were finished, I should have been able to go straight to the next day, because the timer should have been up. Instead the timer showed more than 23 hours till the next day so my 10 LPs was lost unless I wanted to keep shelling out 20 LPs to advance the 5th and 6th days. So if you want to save LPs, wait to advance later in the quest. This is a new problem, since previously the advancement passed to the next days. :(
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

So I just finished Day 4 of the quest and am waiting for Day 5 currently. Is it normal that I can't scroll in between prizes on the task screen after winning the prize for Day 4? I still have a timer. Is it glitches or not? Can I do a Cloud save and still finish?
(I'd upload a pic, but I'm posting on a different device than usual.)
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

whoviandragon wrote:So I just finished Day 4 of the quest and am waiting for Day 5 currently. Is it normal that I can't scroll in between prizes on the task screen after winning the prize for Day 4? I still have a timer. Is it glitches or not? Can I do a Cloud save and still finish?
That is normal! When there are multiple things to unlock throughout the quest you are always unable to scroll between prizes on the task screen when you get to the last prize. As long as you still have the timer and it is not blank where the prize is shown you are perfectly fine to save to the cloud!
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:
whoviandragon wrote:So I just finished Day 4 of the quest and am waiting for Day 5 currently. Is it normal that I can't scroll in between prizes on the task screen after winning the prize for Day 4? I still have a timer. Is it glitches or not? Can I do a Cloud save and still finish?
That is normal! When there are multiple things to unlock throughout the quest you are always unable to scroll between prizes on the task screen when you get to the last prize. As long as you still have the timer and it is not blank where the prize is shown you are perfectly fine to save to the cloud!
Thank goodness! I couldn't remember if this happened in the past, and started freaking out because it's similar to the glitch.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

mudgenie wrote:I paid 10 LPs to go to the 4th day and then when that day's tasks were finished, I should have been able to go straight to the next day, because the timer should have been up. Instead the timer showed more than 23 hours till the next day so my 10 LPs was lost unless I wanted to keep shelling out 20 LPs to advance the 5th and 6th days. So if you want to save LPs, wait to advance later in the quest. This is a new problem, since previously the advancement passed to the next days. :(
I don't remember the advancement passing on to the next days. Unless I am not understanding what you are saying? This is how I remember it working for the Night of the Candy Monsters quests and I think it worked that way for The Christmas Chill quest. When I paid LP to skip days during the Night of the Candy Monsters quest after each day the time to wait for the next day got longer. I got up to 3 days and 23 hours to wait before the last day started for that quest.

It is set up to where you do feel like you have to keep paying to skip the wait times otherwise skipping is pointless. I guess if you know you will be busy on Day 3 you can pay to skip the waiting time between Day 2 and Day 3 so you get Day 3 done early and then just wait to continue Day 4 like normal as opposed to trying to play catch up later. Otherwise, if you have the time and can play the game each day it is better/cheaper to just skip the wait time for the last day.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

i just wanted to pop in here and say that i did NOT get the second set of hair/hat and i have NEVER time travelled/adjusted time zone in my game. I didnt even realize we were supposed to get another one at that point so i cloud saved and now cant fix it. beware :(
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
mudgenie wrote:I paid 10 LPs to go to the 4th day and then when that day's tasks were finished, I should have been able to go straight to the next day, because the timer should have been up. Instead the timer showed more than 23 hours till the next day so my 10 LPs was lost unless I wanted to keep shelling out 20 LPs to advance the 5th and 6th days. So if you want to save LPs, wait to advance later in the quest. This is a new problem, since previously the advancement passed to the next days. :(
I don't remember the advancement passing on to the next days. Unless I am not understanding what you are saying? This is how I remember it working for the Night of the Candy Monsters quests and I think it worked that way for The Christmas Chill quest. When I paid LP to skip days during the Night of the Candy Monsters quest after each day the time to wait for the next day got longer. I got up to 3 days and 23 hours to wait before the last day started for that quest.

It is set up to where you do feel like you have to keep paying to skip the wait times otherwise skipping is pointless. I guess if you know you will be busy on Day 3 you can pay to skip the waiting time between Day 2 and Day 3 so you get Day 3 done early and then just wait to continue Day 4 like normal as opposed to trying to play catch up later. Otherwise, if you have the time and can play the game each day it is better/cheaper to just skip the wait time for the last day.
Wow, that's strange, because I know that I was able to skip ahead for Night of the Candy Monsters and the game didnt give me added wait time then.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
mockingbird288z

mudgenie wrote: Wow, that's strange, because I know that I was able to skip ahead for Night of the Candy Monsters and the game didnt give me added wait time then.
I like that way better!!