Rainbow cakes (Monsters And Magic)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Rainbow cakes (Monsters And Magic)

Post by +.jana.+ »

Has anyone already tested how the "rainbow cakes" work? Do they fully inspire the Sims similarly as e.g. the singing fish? Can you use them for all ages? Does it cost any LPs? Also - how frequently can you use them - do I understand correctly that every 24 hours (and then the cake would "recharge" again)? I'm also a bit confused by the "more slices per Sim" description - how does that work..?

If anyone can give a detailed explanation, that would be great! :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Rainbow cakes (Monsters And Magic)

Post by minisaga »

+.jana.+ wrote:Has anyone already tested how the "rainbow cakes" work? Do they fully inspire the Sims similarly as e.g. the singing fish? Can you use them for all ages? Does it cost any LPs? Also - how frequently can you use them - do I understand correctly that every 24 hours (and then the cake would "recharge" again)? I'm also a bit confused by the "more slices per Sim" description - how does that work..?

If anyone can give a detailed explanation, that would be great! :)
I get a couple of free ones every day and I save them up and then give them to babies and toddlers twice a week. It fully inspires them like the singing fish inspires other age groups, but needs don't start to drain again until 24hrs have passed. Whilst a Sim is fueled by rainbow cake the background to their tracker picture is sparkly green.

So, yes they fully inspire sims like the fish (but it lasts longer); yes they can be used on all ages; you can use them every twenty for hours; if you have the more slices option you can give each more than one slice at a time and they will be used up concurrently (so if you give two slices the Sim stays inspired for 48 instead of 24hrs). I get a couple each day with my daily reward because of the VIP thing, I don't know about the cost other than that.
HFN is by the fire station.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Thanks a lot! Without the VIP points, you can't really try the cake, so your explanation is very helpful. :)

Now they'd better put something interesting into the store... :D I already got what I liked in the past (aquariums, pool cleaner) but do not fancy those weird swimsuits nor the adidas clothing. I wish they gave us the VIP points also for the past purchases!
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Minisaga explained it correctly. You'll get some slices with the daily reward, depending your VIP level. At VIP level 5 it's 4 per day.

They do fully inspire and keep their needs maxed out for 24 hours. But...
Keep in mind that if you inspire a Sim in any other way (through the Singing Salmon, or by doing the required 'tasks', or using the cupcake for 5 LPs) and put them on a 24 hour task, their needs won't drain either. So in that sense, it's only useful if you plan your rainbow sliced Sim to be idle for most of the time.

I think/suspect that at some point they might introduce a needs drain while being active (which might be why the slices were put in), forcing us to make sure they're inspired before starting and having to re-inspire after x hours/days have passed. Again, this is speculation, since I fail to see a real need for the rainbow slices now.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Perturbee wrote:Keep in mind that if you inspire a Sim in any other way (through the Singing Salmon, or by doing the required 'tasks', or using the cupcake for 5 LPs) and put them on a 24 hour task, their needs won't drain either.
I never knew that for sure! :o I was always wondering why some sims were still inspired after a long time and why others were not... :lol: I just never thought they would stay inspired during a 24h task, instead, I would expect the opposite... How weird that I didn't find that out...
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Sorry for sounding silly. I know I got some slices as I have "claimed" them with the Daily Rewards. But where are they?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

playsims wrote:Sorry for sounding silly. I know I got some slices as I have "claimed" them with the Daily Rewards. But where are they?
They are at the same place like the cupcakes :)
Attachments
Rainbow cake slice
Rainbow cake slice
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

cupcakes cost Lps, if I remember right. How much does it cost for Rainbow slices?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

playsims wrote:cupcakes cost Lps, if I remember right. How much does it cost for Rainbow slices?
They cost nothing but the slices. You get one or more every day. If you use one, the total number of slices you have will be reduced by one. That's all :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I did see it pop out in the place of the cupcakes. Did not think of clicking it as I thought it would be like cupcakes costing LPs. So I presume that by clicking, it will also show you the number of slices available for use? Will have to wait to see it pop out again. Thanks.