Problems after the new update!!!!!!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Problems after the new update!!!!!!

Post by indiekicks »

Is anyone else unable to select certain clothes out of the wardrobe after this update?
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

indiekicks wrote:Is anyone else unable to select certain clothes out of the wardrobe after this update?
Yes. Several players have mentioned it in the What has changed topic. Here's the first instance of it:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3348&start=40
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:Players who are using an iPad 2 and specifically those who are still on iOS 7 are saying on Facebook that their game is crashing constantly after updating to Monsters and Magic.

Since I have an iPad 2 and am still on iOS 7 I was expecting the same issue after updating and my game did crash. Repeatedly. So I updatied my device to iOS 9 and hoped that my Game Center still worked.

Updating to iOS 9 has, it seems, fixed the crashing - my game hasn't crashed once. And Game Center is working normally. *keeping fingers crossed*
Good to know! I am on iOS 8.4 though. I am wondering if I should wait with updating or not. It seems that several issues come with this update, such as the wardrobe problem, the orb inventory tab missing, the crashing, the new flooring (I hope it was a mistake to replace it instead of adding it)... It might be better to wait for the fix.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Huaca Flora wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Players who are using an iPad 2 and specifically those who are still on iOS 7 are saying on Facebook that their game is crashing constantly after updating to Monsters and Magic.

Since I have an iPad 2 and am still on iOS 7 I was expecting the same issue after updating and my game did crash. Repeatedly. So I updatied my device to iOS 9 and hoped that my Game Center still worked.

Updating to iOS 9 has, it seems, fixed the crashing - my game hasn't crashed once. And Game Center is working normally. *keeping fingers crossed*
Good to know! I am on iOS 8.4 though. I am wondering if I should wait with updating or not. It seems that several issues come with this update, such as the wardrobe problem, the orb inventory tab missing, the crashing, the new flooring (I hope it was a mistake to replace it instead of adding it)... It might be better to wait for the fix.
I think you should be fine with iOS 8.4 in regards to the crashing. FM updated their top issues and said about the crashing:
SFP Top Issues wrote:If you are using an iOS device running iOS 7 or less, you would need to update your OS to resolve this at this time.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

This could be a problem for me, I'm still on iOS 6.1.6 and I have no way of updating without buying a new device (which I'm obviously not going to do just for this).

I haven't updated yet; I like the look of the new costumes, but if it makes the game unplayable after updating, it sounds like I shouldn't bother...
(and correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no easy way of reverting to an old version of SFP if I do update is there?)

Anyone got any advice?
Thanks!

(I've noticed the game crashing more since the last update but it's still playable at the moment)
DanieC
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by DanieC »

Unfortunately I updated already and as far as I know there is no way back. I can't update to iOS 8 either.
So, all the players on iOS 7 and lower have to wait for a fix that comes with the next update if we are lucky. But presumably later or never?
That's a bummer! The game is really unplayable.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

So, I couldn't wait to update despite all the problems that were mentioned :roll: :P
mockingbird288z wrote:I think you should be fine with iOS 8.4 in regards to the crashing. FM updated their top issues and said about the crashing:
SFP Top Issues wrote:If you are using an iOS device running iOS 7 or less, you would need to update your OS to resolve this at this time.
You are right. Fortunately, the game did not crash so far.

Unfortunately...

- I noticed that the 'haunted sound' was gone during the flickering of the house. Then I found out that my teen idol didn't sing, while she normally does. I tried it with the music on, but that was not the case (the same goes for the sound of the keyboard). This is really stupid, the sounds are gone!
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:I just noticed that my dogs don't bark anymore when they find treasure. Also when ghost hunting that flashing ghost symbol no longer makes noise.
Hey, you also found that out! Apparently more sounds are missing...

- The 'inspired sim' icon is often at the wrong place (through the entertainment icon). And the grey cupcake icon also looks pretty ugly... it's not really in line with the other icon/bar and I see half of the cupcake.

- Indeed, the Medium Rock tiles automatically changed into the new black with gold tiles. I like the new tiles but they should have added it instead of replacing an older one!
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

HordePrime wrote:

This could be a problem for me, I'm still on iOS 6.1.6 and I have no way of updating without buying a new device (which I'm obviously not going to do just for this).

I haven't updated yet; I like the look of the new costumes, but if it makes the game unplayable after updating, it sounds like I shouldn't bother...
(and correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no easy way of reverting to an old version of SFP if I do update is there?)

Anyone got any advice?
Thanks!

(I've noticed the game crashing more since the last update but it's still playable at the moment)
My iPad 2 is still running version 6.1.3.
I updated the game more than a day ago and I haven't experienced any crashed nor other errors.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I'm on a Gen1 iPad and so far ::knock wood:: I haven't had problems with it crashing after updating to M&M. All the tiny little bugs (lack of some sounds etc) are about to drive me round the bend though.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Niloofar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Niloofar »

I have updated my game yesterday and now when I open it and it starts downloading it stucks on 5 or 8 MB i have tried changing my wi fi or closing the game and opening it again but it doesnt work what should i do? Please someone help me :( :(