Musical Expression Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Musical Expression Hobby

Post by DelDel »

I think it's very exciting that babies now have a real purpose in the game! I think most would agree that it's long overdue!

I think that the Musical Expression Hobby is quite adorable. I do think that 6 1/2 hrs is way too long. Especially given the fact that babies have the shortest life span of all the age groups.

Without the newly extended life span for babies, it would be mathematically impossible to fill the grid without resetting the baby's life cycle. But even with the extended life span, I think it will still be difficult, for players who don't have an orb to use on the baby, to fill the grid in a single life cycle.

Even so, I'm a bit concerned that filling the grid within the time limit of 7 days is really pushing it. Especially since we can't send an infant to a neighbor's town, thereby having 2 babies working the grid simultaneously. I really hope I don't have to spend LP to get the grid done in time. Although I have plenty, I hate wasting them on quests & grids!

Bugs aside, I'm really loving this update! The babies are absolutely adorable...this is how it should of been from the first day babies were added to the game!

So, how does everyone feel about this hobby? Do you think it's likely you'll be able to fill the grid without LP? Do you think this hobby will be sending our babies to the competition center? :D
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Musical Expression Hobby

Post by indigoace »

Finally I have a good reason for my platinum baby! :) I am enjoying this update a great deal. I am getting used to the new look, too, although I do think the old infants were cuter. However, the rocking chairs are still useless.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I agree that it's about time that babies have something they can do, but the timing is way too long. I also think it's nearly impossible to finish without using lps.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

indigoace wrote:Finally I have a good reason for my platinum baby! :) I am enjoying this update a great deal. I am getting used to the new look, too, although I do think the old infants were cuter. However, the rocking chairs are still useless.
I must be the only one who thinks the babies are cute...everyone seems to think they're ugly. :lol:
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

DelDel wrote:
indigoace wrote:Finally I have a good reason for my platinum baby! :) I am enjoying this update a great deal. I am getting used to the new look, too, although I do think the old infants were cuter. However, the rocking chairs are still useless.
I must be the only one who thinks the babies are cute...everyone seems to think they're ugly. :lol:
You are not alone :).
I really think the babies are adorable :D.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I also like the new look babies! The old style ones used to creep me out a little. There was something so wrong about their eyes.
I've only just started on the hobby today as I've been really short on playing hours this week. At the rate I'm going, there's no way I'll manage without LP although I'm a bit more LP rich than I usually am when these things come along. I agree that the hobby takes a tedious amount of time though. Quite unnecessary.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Oh good, I'm not the only one...thanks!
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

I love this update! I love that the babies have a purpose in the game. They're so cute, love the clothes, love the interactions, love that they have a LP earning potential ... They're finally meaningful in the game.

Regarding this time limited quest, I agree that it might be a bit too challenging. I'm using a ton of saved LP, won't have any left over before it's done, (and I'm still not sure if I'll get 'em all in time...)

... but all of these time limited quests seem too challenging. I've decided that if I get the reward for completing in time, then great ... sometimes I need to remind myself that it's just a game ...
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

So far the leveling up is moving fairly quickly. I've now completed 3 sessions and my baby has reached level 3/6. I hope it continues to be this quick...but I'm not counting on it.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

The timing for this hobby is terrible. Even with the quick level up, I had to use LP to finish..but since I really wanted the prizes I didn't hesitate. I hate the timed hobby quests though! The randomness is so annoying.

It does appear that after finishing the quest, it isn't timed to unlock the baby clothing packs. Unless I missed something, I didn't see a timer on the hobby grid...but otherwise it works like the long hair quest where you win a new item with each time you fill the grid. And after you complete the quest, you can only buy two additional xylophones! Only three per town. Boo!