Survivalist Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Survivalist Hobby

Post by chamilet »

Noodle doodle wrote:The only thing about Ghost hunting it's relatively quick but you have to spend lots of time on it and unfortunately I can't spend hours on short rewards, realtime family life gets in the way! That goes for cooking too, I'm still not very far with the cooking hobby! I gave up on that! Maybe I should try and allocate more time And give the cooking and Ghost hunting a go...and the housework and laundry will have to build up! Lol!
Even now my hubby thinks I spend too much time Simming! He says if the dust police came, I would be thrown in jail!
Cheer guys, thanks
Noodles x :D
He can't pick up a duster?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I use woodworking for grinding LP because I find ghost hunting annoying(I don't like having to tap the ghosts) and the 10 minute time doesn't bother me. I have several woodworking stations throughout the town with 10 workbenches each, and most of my sims are woodworkers. I occasionally switch to cooking for a while when they all reach level 6, but go back to woodworking after filling the grid a couple of times.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I also use woodworking for LP. I have some (6-7) sims on the cooking hobby but the majority are on woodworking. I have 22 sims on woodworking and while I wait for the 10 minutes to finish I go to my cooks. With 22 on woodworking I can, on average, fill the grid every 10 minutes and with 6-7 on cooking tend to fill that grid every 20 minutes. I haven't ever figured out how many LP I can get in a hour because I hardly ever do it straight for an hour but I am in the 5 digits with LP so I do alright. :D

I did recently try putting more sims (16) on cooking but I don't like having to clean up that many dishes, even if it's just cancelling the clean up action, and it felt too hectic with all the sims. With a smaller number of sims on cooking I feel more relaxed.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Where am I?
Where am I?
Lost in the middle of nowh... wait, in the middle of a camping place with a parking lot just next to that!
Lost in the middle of nowh... wait, in the middle of a camping place with a parking lot just next to that!
Need food... what's this?
Need food... what's this?
Ah, just some wood sticks. Well, good for a campfire later on.
Ah, just some wood sticks. Well, good for a campfire later on.
And what's this??
And what's this??
Food!
Food!
Now after the dinner, a dessert will do my tummy well...
Now after the dinner, a dessert will do my tummy well...
Or not. Note to self: Never mix rabbits with apples!
Or not. Note to self: Never mix rabbits with apples!
----

Disclaimer: I'm a peaceful vegetarian and no harm was done to any animal when putting this story together :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

At least their hygiene doesn't reduce with all that vomiting... :D
Attachments
Please Ranger, I beg you, help me...I'm lost!
Please Ranger, I beg you, help me...I'm lost!
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

+jana+: HIGHlarious screengrab captions!
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

mockingbird288z wrote:I also use woodworking for LP. I have some (6-7) sims on the cooking hobby but the majority are on woodworking. I have 22 sims on woodworking and while I wait for the 10 minutes to finish I go to my cooks. With 22 on woodworking I can, on average, fill the grid every 10 minutes and with 6-7 on cooking tend to fill that grid every 20 minutes. I haven't ever figured out how many LP I can get in a hour because I hardly ever do it straight for an hour but I am in the 5 digits with LP so I do alright. :D

I did recently try putting more sims (16) on cooking but I don't like having to clean up that many dishes, even if it's just cancelling the clean up action, and it felt too hectic with all the sims. With a smaller number of sims on cooking I feel more relaxed.
I don't like cleaning up plates either...I guess I'm just lazy but I don't really enjoy interacting with the game outside of building, decorating, and creating/ dressing sims. I just want to collect LP so I can use them to get through quests as quickly as possible, without any extra steps. :lol:
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Oh my god, my sim is putting the ranger on fire! :o
Attachments
IMG_1139.jpg
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
pinkpixel26
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by pinkpixel26 »

Huaca Flora wrote:Oh my god, my sim is putting the ranger on fire! :o
The same thing happened to mine earlier! :o
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

I really like the animation for this hobby. It's definitely the longest animation loop of any hobby, or task for that manner.

I was wondering, for those who have used LP's to speed through, if the animation changes as you level up? I'm halfway through level 3, but my sim is still vomiting after eating the apple, and the bunny hops away as soon as she touches it.

As we level up in other hobbies, the animation changes to match their skill level. Just curious if we reach a point where we realize the safe food to eat vs. food that makes us sick...and do we at some point get the bunny to trust us? :D