Survivalist Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Survivalist Hobby

Post by DelDel »

Finally, just 2 more days until we can enter the campground! I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the trash. It's times like this when I really wish we could have more than 10 sims at a time in the same place...then cleaning the trash would be really quick, all at once ;)

I'm glad the survivalist hobby is only 2 1/2 hours per session. Hopefully we'll all be able to fill the grid within the time limit without having to waste LP's on it.

I'm excited to see the animation for this hobby. For some reason I was thinking this new hobby involved hiking. Perhaps it will be a sim trying to start a fire or something.

All that's left now is to decide which of my sims has the best chance of surviving while "roughing" the great outdoors! :D
mockingbird288z

Re: Survivalist Hobby

Post by mockingbird288z »

Honestly, I plan on using LPs for the Survivalist hobby. I tried doing the first limited time hobbies the normal way (Spell Casting and Broomstick Flying) but it was so frustrating and I didn't like having a clocking ticking for three weeks straight. I used LPs for the Salsa and Breakdancing hobbies and the overall experience was much better. So for the Survivalist hobby I will LP grind for LPs in the first 30 minutes and then use all the LPs I've earned speeding it up until I'm back to where I started and then start LP grinding again during the next 30 minutes.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

What is actually the task that the sim does to practise the hobby?
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

+.jana.+ wrote:What is actually the task that the sim does to practise the hobby?
That's what I was wondering earlier. Maybe it will be trying to start a fire or build a shelter. Can't wait to get into the campground & get started!
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

;) Which hobby do you think earns LP s quickest? I've got 10 woodworking and 10 diving and the rest on skating, and the oldies on bird feeding...which is such a bore! My two preteens are at the game centre and I've got one poor lass trying to finish the spells quest! I gave up on archery and the castle ones..it was hopeless to try and get anything and as for the jester... :evil:
Cheers Noodles x
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote:Honestly, I plan on using LPs for the Survivalist hobby. [...]
Same here. I'd like to concentrate on other things like walking through neighbor's houses and building relationships overthere. Or just to play with my sims for a while. Without hurry, without "have to" take care about special tasks :)

Noodles, try with having lots of sims cooking :) The elders will be happy to do something different 8-)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Noodle doodle wrote:;) Which hobby do you think earns LP s quickest? I've got 10 woodworking and 10 diving and the rest on skating, and the oldies on bird feeding...which is such a bore! My two preteens are at the game centre and I've got one poor lass trying to finish the spells quest! I gave up on archery and the castle ones..it was hopeless to try and get anything and as for the jester... :evil:
Cheers Noodles x
Noodles, I'd say that either cooking or ghost hunting, since these are the shortest and you can level up quite fast. For ghost hunting, you get LPs for achieving last several levels, and sometimes also the ghosts spit some LPs.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Noodle doodle wrote:;) Which hobby do you think earns LP s quickest? I've got 10 woodworking and 10 diving and the rest on skating, and the oldies on bird feeding...which is such a bore! My two preteens are at the game centre and I've got one poor lass trying to finish the spells quest! I gave up on archery and the castle ones..it was hopeless to try and get anything and as for the jester... :evil:
Cheers Noodles x
I'd definitely say cooking. That's how I have rack up thousands...I rarely spend them :D

I'm not worried about the survivalist hobby. To me it's not a big deal. It's just 1 sim and we have a whole week to fill the grid. It still leaves me the rest of my sims to do whatever I want.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Just saw on YouTube and it looks like the animation for this hobby has the sim put on a backpack and then goes off exploring!
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

The only thing about Ghost hunting it's relatively quick but you have to spend lots of time on it and unfortunately I can't spend hours on short rewards, realtime family life gets in the way! That goes for cooking too, I'm still not very far with the cooking hobby! I gave up on that! Maybe I should try and allocate more time And give the cooking and Ghost hunting a go...and the housework and laundry will have to build up! Lol!
Even now my hubby thinks I spend too much time Simming! He says if the dust police came, I would be thrown in jail!
Cheer guys, thanks
Noodles x :D
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol: