5 June 2015 Skating Challenge

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
AmyCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

5 June 2015 Skating Challenge

Post by AmyCat »

If one's already completed the earlier Figure Skating challenge, won all the medals, and had the prizes (ping-pong & such), will it still be available this time on June 5? If we complete the medal grid, will we get another set of free ping-pong tables, basketball hoops, etc.? What if we HAD the prizes, but lost them in a game crash?
https://www.facebook.com/AmyCat.Alys
HFN (3-star gear, Dog and Cat, oven fire, etc.): Starter house.
Haunted House: #2 Diver's Way (S. of Swim Center).
mockingbird288z

Re: 5 June 2015 Skating Challenge

Post by mockingbird288z »

This is the first figure skating challenge they've ever had. The ping pong table is a new item, it's never been in the game before. The only items you could have are the putting green and the basketball court which are from from Christmas 2012. If you either have the putting green and basketball court or had them but lost them in a game crash you will still get this event.

There is only one item now (the toddler slide) from the Christmas bundle that hasn't made a return of some sort, yet.
2012 Christmas Bundle
2012 Christmas Bundle
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I hope that my game works by the time this comes.
Awww the toddler slide, so cute, I've never seen it before, too bad that wasn't part of it as well.
AmyCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AmyCat »

Thanks! I'll go ahead and start some of my orb-grinding SIMs on figure-skating, then. I'm hoping one can do the challenge from any skating venue (e.g.: home pools with a Weather machine set to "Snow" to freeze it), rather than having to use the Snow Park ice-rink... Now that there's ONLY the 12-hour skating option :-( it'll take much longer if I can have only four SIMs skating at a time!
https://www.facebook.com/AmyCat.Alys
HFN (3-star gear, Dog and Cat, oven fire, etc.): Starter house.
Haunted House: #2 Diver's Way (S. of Swim Center).
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

AmyCat wrote:... I'm hoping one can do the challenge from any skating venue (e.g.: home pools with a Weather machine set to "Snow" to freeze it), rather than having to use the Snow Park ice-rink...
I'd say that yes, the frozen pool should work. The purpose of these challenges is usually get the whole collection X times, and you can collect medals on a frozen pool.

What I don't like is that completing of the action does not wait for the bubble tap - i.e. you can't really let 10 sims skating on one pool at the same time, as you'd waste achieved medals (if you complete a collection with let's say 2nd of the skating sims, those 8 remaining will not start a new collection). So we will still need to spread the skaters in the whole town, so that they complete the task one at a time - especially when the task is so long.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There are informations about this at Perturbee's blog http://sfptips.perturbee.net
Our sims need to complete the grid one time :)

Nevertheless I'm going to spread my ice skaters, so I can "tap" every single action.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

+.jana.+ wrote:
AmyCat wrote:... I'm hoping one can do the challenge from any skating venue (e.g.: home pools with a Weather machine set to "Snow" to freeze it), rather than having to use the Snow Park ice-rink...
I'd say that yes, the frozen pool should work. The purpose of these challenges is usually get the whole collection X times, and you can collect medals on a frozen pool.

What I don't like is that completing of the action does not wait for the bubble tap - i.e. you can't really let 10 sims skating on one pool at the same time, as you'd waste achieved medals (if you complete a collection with let's say 2nd of the skating sims, those 8 remaining will not start a new collection). So we will still need to spread the skaters in the whole town, so that they complete the task one at a time - especially when the task is so long.
Am I missing something? Why would it matter if all the sims are on the same lot, since we only need to complete the grid 1 time for this particular event? We still get credit for each medal they find even if we aren't clicking on them 1 by 1, right?

I understand it might be wasteful if you are filling the grids in order to get LP. But for the purposes of this event having them on the same lot doesn't cause you to lose out on any medals simply because they all finish at once, right?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DelDel wrote: [snip]
I understand it might be wasteful if you are filling the grids in order to get LP. But for the purposes of this event having them on the same lot doesn't cause you to lose out on any medals simply because they all finish at once, right?
I decided to spread my 10 sims, although it's not needed for the event. After getting the last medal for the event, there is chance to get 9 more towards the three LPs. Depending on how many medals show up in the new grid, I'll decide if they will continue or not.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

Can we prepare ice skaters before the challenge? Or do they stop skating once the quest has started and you need to restart?
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I would recommend putting as many skaters on this as possible. I suspect FM has made the grid more difficult to fill for this event. I have had three skaters skating constantly since the update, and have not filled the grid once. They cannot get the very last medal. Before the update, skating was a good hobby for preteens. I am looking forward to getting the new items, but bummed that another hobby seems to be ruined. I will probably not skate after the event is over ever again, and I built a special venue for it back when it was profitable. So disappointed! Otherwise I am very happy with this update though.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.