Dream Homes Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Dream Homes Update - Changes

Post by alsie27 »

Well, one thing is for sure: all of my Sims' homes are now getting the Singing Salmon. Simoleons are so much easier to get than LP (and I just blew a ton of them in the sleepwear event so wouldn't have wanted to spend LP on salmons).

But unfortunately Simoleons aren't so easy to get that I could actually do a lot of renovating and decorating which would be fun to do now after the update. It sounds like a fun update though, I'll have to save. I'm glad the actual quest doesn't require a lot of Simoleons. Building the castle cost a lot too and it's eventually pretty boring, there's not that much you can do there.
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

mockingbird288z wrote:The original dance machine is now on "sale" for 30SP instead of free for me. Is it available for everyone?

Edit: Apparently, according to posts on Facebook, it is back for everyone!
Wow that's awesome news :-) hopefully it's not a limited item cos wouldn't mind buying more than one but need the time to save up SPs
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

JasonGFCO wrote:On Android I just noticed the time for Unicorn Inspiration has been increased from near instant to 9 seconds and it also has a more drawn out animation. I think the recharge time is still the same (forgot to check).
On iOS the time has increased, too. The recharge time is still the same.

On my tablet the inspiration meter is still showing the haunted icon instead of the inspiration one. (And the haunted meter is still showing the inspiration icon.)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

OhSillyLaura wrote:Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but has anyone else noticed preteens can now use teen study desks and teens can use the preteen desks to do homework? Now I can have siblings share a room with ONE desk! Their rooms won't look so cluttered anymore. Whoop! :)
Oh, that is a good change. I noticed that teens can sleep in the preteen beds, but I 'm not sure if that is a change or not. I always thought they couldn't.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

telemwill wrote:
OhSillyLaura wrote:Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but has anyone else noticed preteens can now use teen study desks and teens can use the preteen desks to do homework? Now I can have siblings share a room with ONE desk! Their rooms won't look so cluttered anymore. Whoop! :)
Oh, that is a good change. I noticed that teens can sleep in the preteen beds, but I 'm not sure if that is a change or not. I always thought they couldn't.
I just checked my iPod game which is still on the Royalty update and preteens can use the teen desks and teens can use the preteen desks. I think it is a change that occurred with the Royalty update.

Sims of all ages have always been able to use any bed (except the toddler bed).
IOSGOD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by IOSGOD »

This quest fixed the *PRETTY HAIR SIMS CHALLENGE* I finished it, unlocked all the hair, but my game crashed, making the quest start over, but locking me put of the Promotions R Us Store Hobby sections (where the design table is) The quest was finished, my female Sims were waring the hair with the update the quest is now says completed (it was bugging me^_^)
GC- MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Only add my GC friends my FB friends do not work
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

I have a teen sim with the life goal of "devoted dance" at an ice skating rink. However due to the update that action no longer exists!
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn
mockingbird288z

Christina wrote:I have a teen sim with the life goal of "devoted dance" at an ice skating rink. However due to the update that action no longer exists!
You can do the 12 hour Figure Skate option for the life dream. Devoted Dance is what the 12 hour option used to be called and the life dream icon does appear next to the new Figure Skate action.
FavoredLadi
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by FavoredLadi »

Has anyone received any changes to the red carnival tent via this dream homes update or are we all still getting the "it's too dark........" message?

Thanks.
A smile a day keeps the frown away!! :)
mockingbird288z

FavoredLadi wrote:Has anyone received any changes to the red carnival tent via this dream homes update or are we all still getting the "it's too dark........" message?

Thanks.
We are still getting the "it's too dark" message and according to the former community manager, Matt Kelly, we will always be getting that message because they don't currently have any plans to open the tent. It's just a prop.