[EVENT] Sleepwear

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Sleepwear

Post by Orchidealna »

That's really cool, the only drawback of this hobby is that only one Sim at a time can do it. : <
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Orchidealna wrote:That's really cool, the only drawback of this hobby is that only one Sim at a time can do it. : <
You can have a second sim do the hobby at a neighbor'stown. At least I hope that's possible. I'm still working on the mall quest.
elephantwearingahat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by elephantwearingahat »

copperwood wrote:
Orchidealna wrote:That's really cool, the only drawback of this hobby is that only one Sim at a time can do it. : <
You can have a second sim do the hobby at a neighbor'stown. At least I hope that's possible. I'm still working on the mall quest.
It's possible, assuming they don't have a Sim doing it there at the same time. If you only save either before they start or after the exclamation point comes up, it'll save your neighbors a lot of headaches.
G+: CrimsonYellow

Lvl 52, Christmas '16 Update
HFN: Starter
Haunted: 1 East Oceanside

Built (but not completed): All monuments, Goddess, Arcade, Carnival, Camp, All workplaces
Completed: Romance Island, Snow Park, Restaurant, Mall, Beach
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

elephantwearingahat wrote:
copperwood wrote:
It's possible, assuming they don't have a Sim doing it there at the same time. If you only save either before they start or after the exclamation point comes up, it'll save your neighbors a lot of headaches.
I think you can still do the hobby at your neighbor's town, even if a sim is already walking the catwalk. You just tap the sim and it will stop. You may have to wait a bit for your neigbor's sim to get out of the way, though. And don't worry, whatever you do in the neighbor's town will not affect their game. can't hurt to try!
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

Simannity wrote:
elephantwearingahat wrote:
copperwood wrote:
I think you can still do the hobby at your neighbor's town, even if a sim is already walking the catwalk. You just tap the sim and it will stop. You may have to wait a bit for your neigbor's sim to get out of the way, though. And don't worry, whatever you do in the neighbor's town will not affect their game. can't hurt to try!
Double tap on the neighbors sim cancells the task:)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I've never really been able to wrap my head around exactly how visiting other towns works. I'm always so afraid of messing something up. Also I have no clue about what I need to do in my town to make it usuable for others.

Is there anything on the forum that covers all that in an easy to understand form?
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

bloodredroses01 wrote:I've never really been able to wrap my head around exactly how visiting other towns works. I'm always so afraid of messing something up. Also I have no clue about what I need to do in my town to make it usuable for others.

Is there anything on the forum that covers all that in an easy to understand form?
I have two games so I can have my sims visit one another. They do everything they like, but never cause any permanent damage :lol:

if you want your neighbours to be able to do their tasks in your town, it is best to save to the cloud regularly. Make sure that you don't send all your sims to work just before your save, or your neighbours will have no sims to interact with.

There is a thread in the Guides an Tips section of this forum with a list of items needed: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3605
(I hope I copied the link correctly :? )
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Narset wrote:Sigh. I've only been playing for a month and don't have the mall built yet. At least this is just sleepwear, I don't feel bad about missing this like I did with all but one of the new hairstyles (I have two of the furniture sets unlocked!)...

Why do they think grinding hobbies is fun?
As this is the third time this event will occur I feel very confident in saying that there is a high change this one will be around again, if that helps.

I'll join you in that sigh! It is annoying at the rate these events are happening now. I'm really not looking forward to a new update because it will just start all over again. Big sigh.
I have a feeling though that they'd probably offer a different set of sleepwear the next time around. Just like what they did with the hairstyles. I actually wanted some of the styles from the original ringlets of fire. But was happy with the latest set as well.

Might have missed the answer, but does anyone know when is this event supposed to start?
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

Lensky wrote:
I have a feeling though that they'd probably offer a different set of sleepwear the next time around. Just like what they did with the hairstyles. I actually wanted some of the styles from the original ringlets of fire. But was happy with the latest set as well.
They repeated the original hairstyle event a few times, so next time the sleepwear might well be the same as this time.
HFN is by the fire station.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lensky wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Narset wrote:Sigh. I've only been playing for a month and don't have the mall built yet. At least this is just sleepwear, I don't feel bad about missing this like I did with all but one of the new hairstyles (I have two of the furniture sets unlocked!)...

Why do they think grinding hobbies is fun?
As this is the third time this event will occur I feel very confident in saying that there is a high change this one will be around again, if that helps.

I'll join you in that sigh! It is annoying at the rate these events are happening now. I'm really not looking forward to a new update because it will just start all over again. Big sigh.

Might have missed the answer, but does anyone know when is this event supposed to start?
Technically the last long hairstyles event was a brand new event. It had a new name and the text describing the event was different. They could still do another repeat of the original long hair event. If they do a new sleepwear event in the future with new sleepwear they will most likely call it something new. I think it's far more likely that they will continue to repeat the original long hair event than they will start to repeat the boutique hair event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update