Mall Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Mall Update - Changes

Post by telemwill »

mockingbird288z wrote:The microwave is gone from the restaurant. But you can still cook the recipes that require a microwave.
image.jpg
That is just strange. Why would they do that? It doesn't bother me, but what a random change to make!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Could someone who has updated confirm that the orbs are back to their old selling prices please? Just before I update myself. I need to make more Simoleons first mind you!
Mitzki
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Mitzki »

I saw that the teens have new head models. Did any other life stage get them?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

LovemySims wrote:Could someone who has updated confirm that the orbs are back to their old selling prices please? Just before I update myself. I need to make more Simoleons first mind you!
They are!! :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Well I updated, it's going to cost me 900,000 Simoleons for the mall. Not going to build it yet as I want to have a certain amount still saved after I've built the thing.

Glad to see the orbs are still worth the higher price. Wish I hadn't sold my 10 bronze ones now earlier yesterday. Never mind though, it's done ow. Looking forward to getting started on the mall as soon as I can.

Thanks for the reply mockingbird :D
mockingbird288z

AmyCat wrote:
Perturbee wrote:You guessed it right. The Lunar New Year event (kind of Chinese New Year) starts on the 14th of February and by the looks of it so far (which is a rather limited peek) is that it'll be like the Xmas and NYE events. Split into tasks per days... The Lunar one is for certain an only-once event...

If I wait awhile to update, and haven't finished the Mall stuff, will I still be able to do the Lunar New Year quest (i.e.: will it start on time, or do I have to complete the Mall stuff to get the LNY one to begin?)?

Do you know if one still can't complete an Orb without aging the SIM all the way to Senior?
Unless FM made a change with this update the two quests will run parallel. The Xmas quest and the NYE ran parallel to other quests. During the RED update I saw people who had the RED quest, the Book of Spells quest, the Thanksgiving quest, and a queued quest running at the same time.

Still only Seniors can complete an orb. :(
mockingbird288z

LovemySims wrote:Well I updated, it's going to cost me 900,000 Simoleons for the mall. Not going to build it yet as I want to have a certain amount still saved after I've built the thing.

Glad to see the orbs are still worth the higher price. Wish I hadn't sold my 10 bronze ones now earlier yesterday. Never mind though, it's done ow. Looking forward to getting started on the mall as soon as I can.

I'm sure you're not the only one who has to make more orbs now. I bet FM had fun with that. At this point I envision just a bunch of Dr. Evil type villains... "I know! We will change the price of selling the orbs...then once everyone has sold all of theirs we will change it back! Muwahahahahaha!"
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

mockingbird288z wrote:
LovemySims wrote:Well I updated, it's going to cost me 900,000 Simoleons for the mall. Not going to build it yet as I want to have a certain amount still saved after I've built the thing.

I'm sure you're not the only one who has to make more orbs now. I bet FM had fun with that. At this point I envision just a bunch of Dr. Evil type villains... "I know! We will change the price of selling the orbs...then once everyone has sold all of theirs we will change it back! Muwahahahahaha!"
Hahahahahahaha yes I bet they are, all getting a good laugh at me now!! :D They'll be rubbing their hands in glee! :mrgreen:
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

LovemySims wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

Hahahahahahaha yes I bet they are, all getting a good laugh at me now!! :D They'll be rubbing their hands in glee! :mrgreen:
I sold off a good proportion of my platinum orbs because they did that before updating... At least I got about 3 million for it though.

With about 500,000 Simoleons I bought everything from the costume shop and salon that didn't require LP's to own (only used LP's on costumes) and I am loving that I can change my sims multiple times without losing what I had bought previously. I tried all my females wearing the mummy costume and it didn't charge me for each one :) and I was able to change back into normal clothes again and then change into a mummy again at no extra charges. :) hopefully this is not a glitch they have overlooked and it will be here to stay like that :)

A further note with the mall sections..

On the first day I updated my phone with the mall and the sections had
Mall area 3: Available in 8 days (now 6 days)
Mall area 4: Available in 15 days (now 13 days)
Mall area 5: Available in 22 days (now 20 days)

I reset my game and reopened the mall to see if mall areas get reset too and no they don't :)
It will not matter when people choose to build the mall.. All the areas will open on the same day for everyone.

The catwalk hobby has only one option (10 hours and 30 mins) levels up pretty quickly.
There is no need to stress on completing the grid within a time frame as the last two rows even though opens up 8 new shops (clothes for seniors) and bowling alley hobby we can not access until area 3,4 and 5 are opened anyway.

All flooring, wallpapers, furniture, outdoors stuff, roofing etc appear to remain the same

Hope this helps and I haven't repeated anything that is already known :)

On a side note:

I have my permanents of all ages and think that I would be happy to orb grind with the remaining sims from toddler through to seniors as we no longer would lose the stuff we buy (when I return from my holiday I think I am going to again rethink my game)
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Been too busy to update yet, probably tomorrow, but anyway, can the catwalk hobby only be done at the mall? Or is there something like the woodwork bench, dressmaking table, juke box etc to do the hobby at home? So many hobbies now, I need to work out who's going to do this one!