[Quest] The Great Xmas Mishap

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

[Quest] The Great Xmas Mishap

Post by Perturbee »

For those who are very curious (or need help later on in the quest) here are the spoilers (with tasks times).

http://simsfp.blogspot.com/2014/12/xmas ... ishap.html

Update: it seems that if you happen to run out of time, you can buy yourself 24 hours.
Add 24 hours
Add 24 hours
Plumbbob_Simpants
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Quest] The Great Xmas Mishap

Post by Plumbbob_Simpants »

Thanks for posting the quest here!

I can't wait to find out the list of daily Christmas-themed rewards for each of the 12 days! Is there a list somewhere?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

This list? :)
DAY1_PRIZE You've won an Inflatable Sleigh! Make every Sim think Santa is right there in the garden! Find them in the Outdoor Decorations section of the Home Store!
DAY2_PRIZE Even a silent night is full of light with these Xmas candles! Find them in the Decorations section of the Home Store.
DAY3_PRIZE Make every Sim think you've been to the airport gift shop with this festive Snowglobe! Available now in the Decorations section of the Home Store!
DAY4_PRIZE A spring of Mistletoe hanging from a doorframe is a great excuse to get up close and personal with that special Sim. Find it in the Doors section of the Home Store.
DAY5_PRIZE You've received some Xmas Windows! Create a literal window into the finest Xmas ever, from the Windows secion of the Home Store.
DAY6_PRIZE A Nutcracker soldier is now yours to guard your Sims house with! Find him in the Decorations section of the Home Store.
DAY7_PRIZE Leave some Milk and Cookies out for Santa when he arrives. Yours are waiting in the Decorations section of the Home Store.
DAY8_PRIZE The ultimate Xmas Chair is now yours! The Santa chair can be found in the Living Room section of the Home Store!
DAY9_PRIZE Wallpapers dripping with Xmas cheer are available to you now in the Walls section of the Home Store!
DAY10_PRIZE Keep the spirit of the season burning bright with an Xmas Lantern, from the Lighting section of the Home Store.
DAY11_PRIZE You've received a North Pole! Take the description of the planet's northernmost point a little too literally and plant an actual North Pole in your garden.

BONUS_REWARD Save Xmas within the time limit, and get your very own living teddy bear! No batteries needed, just love and hugs!
Plumbbob_Simpants
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Plumbbob_Simpants »

You are my Christmas angel!
Thank you for all the research and reporting you do for us (new official member, longtime lurker here).
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

You are wonderful! I'm starting this now in my second (smaller) town. Thanks a lot!
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya »

I suppose no mention of the reindeer returning this year?
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21
Blossom
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Blossom »

Hi Everyone

First time poster but long time lurker.

I'm on day 2 and have just completed the encourage reindeer task and that sim got stuck. I couldn't select anything or even move from the spot. The reindeer was also frozen.

I completed the next part of the quest by calling a different sim to the workshop then calling the stuck sim to a different lot.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems quite odd and reminded me a bit of the stuck elven family I had from last Christmas.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't messed anything up!
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Blossom wrote:Hi Everyone

First time poster but long time lurker.

I'm on day 2 and have just completed the encourage reindeer task and that sim got stuck. I couldn't select anything or even move from the spot. The reindeer was also frozen.

I completed the next part of the quest by calling a different sim to the workshop then calling the stuck sim to a different lot.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems quite odd and reminded me a bit of the stuck elven family I had from last Christmas.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't messed anything up!
i had the same problem... the reindeer that was being encouraged also got stuck, as in it is not kicking its legs in the air...

after i called another sim to continue and calling the stuck sim back home, the encouraged reindeer is now found at the other side of the workshop, kicking its legs.. :lol:
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Funnily enough, I was just visiting the forum to try and find out how to fix my stuck sim and reindeer! Waiting for another sim to finish their current task so I can try and call them over and hopefully this fix will work for me too!
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

Alas, no wishing well this year! My wizards will just have to carry on wishless. The candles look lovely, though! Thank you for the list!
Neighbor info is on my profile here!