Holidays update here !!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
dippy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Holidays update here !!

Post by dippy »

Simsational wrote:Is the Christmas dining table definitely not going to be offered this year?! If so, what a pathetic oversight! :o
Love these. Put mine in my HFN house this year......
GC ID ~dippy~
HFN - Vacant house in front of the bridge (includes pets)
Haunted house - Near Fire station (includes pets)
jodi5c
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jodi5c »

Is anyone else struggling with today's tasks? I have to talk to Santa via the workshop fireplace. I'm stood right next to it but when asked to do the task my sim says no and I get the footprint symbol?????
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

jodi5c wrote:Is anyone else struggling with today's tasks? I have to talk to Santa via the workshop fireplace. I'm stood right next to it but when asked to do the task my sim says no and I get the footprint symbol?????
See the quest thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2552
Talking to the blocking elf(?) might help...
jodi5c
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jodi5c »

Perturbee wrote:
jodi5c wrote:Is anyone else struggling with today's tasks? I have to talk to Santa via the workshop fireplace. I'm stood right next to it but when asked to do the task my sim says no and I get the footprint symbol?????
See the quest thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2552
Talking to the blocking elf(?) might help...
Tried talking to the elf but doesn't make a difference. Previous days came up with a countdown until the next days challenges were available but this one didn't so maybe it hasn't started officially yet?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

jodi5c wrote:Tried talking to the elf but doesn't make a difference. Previous days came up with a countdown until the next days challenges were available but this one didn't so maybe it hasn't started officially yet?
If you have the task to talk to Santa, it should have the Days at the top and the little red counter with the % bar at the bottom.
If it doesn't there is something wrong with your game.
Otherwise it might help if you post a screenshot of your tasks queue (Showing regular and social tasks too).
GeorgieSims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by GeorgieSims »

Yesterday my game crashed after I went to Santa's workshop and now I can't even play the sims freeplay because everytime I open up the game if just crashes! I have tried to play more than 10 times now, has anybody else have this issue or know how to fix it?
Georgie and the 22 Sims in GC Town[/
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

GeorgieSims wrote:Yesterday my game crashed after I went to Santa's workshop and now I can't even play the sims freeplay because everytime I open up the game if just crashes! I have tried to play more than 10 times now, has anybody else have this issue or know how to fix it?
This happend to me before the Holiday update.
First I tried the troubleshooting advices from the Firemonkeys. That time it didn't help, so I had to un- and re-install the game and download my saved data. That was not a big problem to me, as I save to the cloud very often.

Do you have a fresh cloud save?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

So, I'm taking all my Christmas decorations down, and I thought, what about the reindeer and Santa hats on the pets.

I looked in the pet salon. It appears Firemonkeys have not given an option to remove headwear from pets. You can remove collars.

Perhaps the Christmas headwear will be removed in the next update.

If anyone figures out how to remove the headwear in the meantime, without having to delete and re-add a pet, please could you post it?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year everyone.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
DollyMixture
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by DollyMixture »

Dellie wrote:So, I'm taking all my Christmas decorations down, and I thought, what about the reindeer and Santa hats on the pets.

I looked in the pet salon. It appears Firemonkeys have not given an option to remove headwear from pets. You can remove collars.

Perhaps the Christmas headwear will be removed in the next update.

If anyone figures out how to remove the headwear in the meantime, without having to delete and re-add a pet, please could you post it?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year everyone.
I came on to ask the same thing! I can't remove the santa hats and antlers from my dogs and cats.
Level 54, Game centre id on profile. Castle courtyard open.

HFN - 1 Firehouse Rd, most things, dog and frisbee and cat, oven on fire, boombox, salsa, pool stuff, telescope,movie camera,easel,haunted and magic stuff, fussball,firepole.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

DollyMixture wrote:I came on to ask the same thing! I can't remove the santa hats and antlers from my dogs and cats.
I know. How annoying is that! Although, in the scheme of things, I'd rather have this problem than some of the nasty bugs that have been going around (Touch Wood :| ).
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE