The Great Ghost Escape, 21st of October

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: The Great Ghost Escape, 21st of October

Post by Lucyvp867 »

I'm curious too, I haven't played the game since the Social Update. I started playing again last week. Level 38, all buildings built, SIMS maxed out, hobbies/careers top levels.

I noticed that the ghost hunting had changed. Now you have to wait till they "recharge"? I wonder how that will factor into all this and what sort of headaches it will cause.

I need one more ghost to complete the set and I have 5 hunters at level 6. I think I'm going to hold off doing anymore hunting because if one of the goals is to complete the set then I want to use that last one as my "catch a ghost".

I'm also curious about these 6 new ghosts, I wonder if those are the ones included in that set? Is the set new? So many questions and absolutely zero patience to find out the answers.

I want to know now! LOL
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

A tip for everyone then (it's been posted before, but in case you haven't seen it):

Save up your Life Points and use them to buy some Haunted Paintings (in the Decorations section). They have the quickest "recharge" rate (along with other items costing LP) of just 10 minutes and will thus enable you to catch ghosts faster.

Incidentally, I've noticed there seems to be three categories of of haunted objects; those with a 10 minute recharge (items costing LP), those with 20 mins (including Wilted Roses, Eerie Doors, Jack-O' -Lanterns etc.) and those with 30 minutes (the cheapest items). Can anyone confirm?
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

HordePrime wrote:A tip for everyone then (it's been posted before, but in case you haven't seen it):

Save up your Life Points and use them to buy some Haunted Paintings (in the Decorations section). They have the quickest "recharge" rate (along with other items costing LP) of just 10 minutes and will thus enable you to catch ghosts faster.

Incidentally, I've noticed there seems to be three categories of of haunted objects; those with a 10 minute recharge (items costing LP), those with 20 mins (including Wilted Roses, Eerie Doors, Jack-O' -Lanterns etc.) and those with 30 minutes (the cheapest items). Can anyone confirm?
I'll take a look when I have my ghost hunters free, they are currently busy planting and baking.

I have multiples of everything from the last time I was really actively playing. Just pulled it all out of inventory and made myself a haunted house for the upcoming update.
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

Three of my ghost hunters were free, so went down the list. Paintings are definitely the way to go.

Haunted items

Fireplace = 7 LP = 10 minutes recharge
Skeleton = 60 LP = 10 minutes recharge
Haunted painting = 1 LP (x4) = 10 minutes recharge
Skeleton light = 4 LP = 10 minutes recharge
Nosferatu's Chamber = 6 LP = 10 minutes recharge

Chest drawer = $1,300 = 20 minutes recharge
Pumpkin light = $1,000 = 20 minutes recharge
Wilted flowers = $1,000 = 20 minutes recharge
Scarecrow = $7,500 = 20 minutes recharge
Haunted windows = $850 = 20 minutes recharge
Plagued statue = $10,000 = 20 minutes recharge
Haunted door = $1,500 = 20 minutes recharge

Bookcase = $200 = 30 minutes recharge
Table = $200 = 30 minutes recharge
Vampire chains = $180 = 30 minutes recharge
Last edited by Lucyvp867 on 17 Oct 2013, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Lucyvp867 wrote:...Chest drawer = $1,300 = 20 minutes recharge...
I thought the Vampire Chest was a 30 minute one?

Also, the coffin bed "Nosferato's Chamber" (6LP) is another 10min one.
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

HordePrime wrote:
Lucyvp867 wrote:...Chest drawer = $1,300 = 20 minutes recharge...
I thought the Vampire Chest was a 30 minute one?

Also, the coffin bed "Nosferato's Chamber" (6LP) is another 10min one.
Is that still haunted? The coffin bed in my inventory does not show the little haunted icon anymore so I didn't put it out. I wonder why.

(Updated the list to add the coffin bed, I didn't realize it was still a haunted item since it does not show a ghost icon in the inventory.... :x )

LOL the chest drawer could be a typo, I'm rather known for those. Although, I do think it is 20 minutes since it seems as if everything over $1,000 is 20 minutes?
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

I have a haunted house with all the items but will add in a few extra paintings I think. I have a row of conifers around the outside of the house which stop the ghosts being able to escape outside and run off up the road :D
https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

bmb_SFP wrote:I have a haunted house with all the items but will add in a few extra paintings I think. I have a row of conifers around the outside of the house which stop the ghosts being able to escape outside and run off up the road :D
Ooooo good idea!

I tore down my haunted house and rebuilt it into a big square with the center hollow so I could put the scarecrow in there. I'm trying to make it as escape proof as possible. I didn't think about them running out into the road.

I also put as few items as possible in there to prevent accidental and time consuming mis-taps.
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

Think I'll create a "Night Gallery" home full of paintings, all I need now is Rod Serling (Simling?) :o :shock: :o

THANK YOU PERTURBEE!
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks everyone for all the info.
Going to do some renovations to get a haunted house.
Fortunately I saved up some LP's.