Saddle up hobbies

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Gem410
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Saddle up hobbies

Post by Gem410 »

I'm probably going to ask what is a very dumb question! I've cleared up the areas for the horse tricks but can't seem to work out how to start the hobby. I've selected the sim, the horse with a sim available nearby, the stables and the cleared areas but don't get an option for the hobby. I'm sure it's a simple thing and I've searched the forum but it's got me stumped. Thanks.
Easter Update
GC Simsgem410

SP #PinkCandy
HFN New location...
Clown's Residence near the Art Gallery
ErinPW

Re: Saddle up hobbies

Post by ErinPW »

Gem410 wrote:I'm probably going to ask what is a very dumb question! I've cleared up the areas for the horse tricks but can't seem to work out how to start the hobby. I've selected the sim, the horse with a sim available nearby, the stables and the cleared areas but don't get an option for the hobby. I'm sure it's a simple thing and I've searched the forum but it's got me stumped. Thanks.
Did you tap the horse?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Gem410 wrote:I'm probably going to ask what is a very dumb question! I've cleared up the areas for the horse tricks but can't seem to work out how to start the hobby. I've selected the sim, the horse with a sim available nearby, the stables and the cleared areas but don't get an option for the hobby. I'm sure it's a simple thing and I've searched the forum but it's got me stumped. Thanks.
Selecting the horse with a sim available nearby should have done it. Supposedly if the horse is not happy enough they won't do the hobbies. Could it be that your horse isn't happy?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Gem410
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gem410 »

I've now tried with an adult and it showed the tricks option. I had only tried with a teen. Thought I'd read that teens could also do tricks. Pity they can't. I'd prefer to leave my adults planting and working. Slave driver that I am! :)
Easter Update
GC Simsgem410

SP #PinkCandy
HFN New location...
Clown's Residence near the Art Gallery
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Gem410 wrote:Thought I'd read that teens could also do tricks.
That is what FM say on their zendesk Hobbies FAQ both teens and adults can do the horse hobbies:
Teens and adults...they say...
Teens and adults...they say...
But the options didn't show up for my teen either and none of the horse hobbies show up in the hobby menu under the teen tab. :(

Who knows where the error is - in the game or on the FAQ.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
moonwalker
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by moonwalker »

I just grew up two preteen girls to teens to become my equestriennes, and they can only ride the horses. No horse tricks available. I hate to have two of my adults drop their high level hobbies, farming, etc. to ride; I was going to make it a teen after school activity, to keep them off the computers and away from the tv. But no... They will have to keep working in the stables petting, feeding, and grooming (as they did as preteens) and envy the adults competing in the hobbies.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be stall mucking actions. :lol:
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Is there a way to call the horses back into the stables? My roaming around the ground once I have used them for a hobby. I'd rather would like to decide myself when I want to have them on the gras and when inside.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Guess, it's some kind of free will for the horses. The only way I've found, is to ride there.
And then the horse looks to the wall :? I didn't try to turn them around with feeding them. When they are outside, they do.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View