Who is and who isn't updating?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Who is and who isn't updating?

Post by salsarush »

I have updated and I am regretting it, I wish I would have waited and planned it better, creating a bigger pet farm for example.
If I were already on level 53, I surely had used the baby glitch, I think Cyril's method is the best - but I just reached level 41 and the way there it's too long.

I am happy I gathered a good amount of LPs thanks to the Christmas glitch and I will use them to delay aging and death as long as possible. I am still not sure what to do with the life dreams, since they are only useful if you let your sims die in order to obtain the orbs.

I am still not sure how I will proceed; I think I will let the "younger" sims work towards the orbs, slowly age and die and leave the orbs to the sims I would like to keep alive. It's a similar plan like Cyril's, but unfortunately I have just 28 sims (the maximum at this level), so I don't know if I will succeed. We will see. I will keep playing as long as I can, hoping that EA makes some adjustments in the near future.
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Lenny wrote:I haven't updated and I plain to avoid it as long as possible. I've enough personal goals in my town to keep me busy and the game not boring for me at all. So I intend to sit this out and see how things develop in the future. Iäm especially opposed to the idea that basicaly FM is now telling my what my sims have to do or when I have to play the game with certain hobbies only doable at certain times. I want to play when I'm in the mood and my RL leaves me time and not when they dictate it.
I'm with you - not going to update this broken, ill planned and frankly OCD update. I have lots of plans for my town that I can't do if I'm busy fighting death by doing the same stupid action over and over again till I want to scream. I am hoping that the FM gets some guts to tell EA corporate geniuses where to go and inform them that the game is unplayable as it stands. I wish they would just please listen to us. Not a peep from them though. Probably scrambling to figure out a new way to make us spend money while still letting our Sims live. Sorry to be so cynical but so tired of them pretending that nothing is wrong--and the whole design clothing thing so the negative posts are buried in copyrighted photos that they can't use anyway.
MAYBE I will update the next update if they fix things, we will see. I should be well prepared by then and have my strategy worked out. This whole muddle makes me feel depressed.

To EA/FM: read up on what Netflix did to fix things when they screwed up and lost a good share of their customers. If you do the same this game might survive
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

salsarush wrote:I have updated and I am regretting it, I wish I would have waited and planned it better, creating a bigger pet farm for example.
If I were already on level 53, I surely had used the baby glitch, I think Cyril's method is the best - but I just reached level 41 and the way there it's too long.

I am happy I gathered a good amount of LPs thanks to the Christmas glitch and I will use them to delay aging and death as long as possible. I am still not sure what to do with the life dreams, since they are only useful if you let your sims die in order to obtain the orbs.

I am still not sure how I will proceed; I think I will let the "younger" sims work towards the orbs, slowly age and die and leave the orbs to the sims I would like to keep alive. It's a similar plan like Cyril's, but unfortunately I have just 28 sims (the maximum at this level), so I don't know if I will succeed. We will see. I will keep playing as long as I can, hoping that EA makes some adjustments in the near future.
Well I'm now working on the updated Sims FP.

Doing the quests without using LP where ever possible. After my last Baby Glitch adventure, I have less than 300.

I have always been happy to spend about £7 a month on average, on SFP, to buy LPs or special items like pool cleaners or elevators etc, but haven't parted with a penny recently yet, until I know I will like the new game enough to want to carry on playing it.

I consider the new format a challenge, but from EA's point of view, they are currently at the risk of losing my £7 a month. I can't be the only player there're at risk of losing.
Game Centre Name: neildf
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Cyril wrote:
Akmawmaw wrote:
Holy cow, Cyril!
My preteen was doing karate overnight in your town :shock:
Glad I jumped on here this morning(it's my new obsession :roll: :lol: )
Retrieved him successfully!
Will miss your town until I'm forced to update.
Leads me to wonder.
If you've a sim in a non updated town, then they update, can you still go there to retrieve your sim?
I may have gotten him out in the nick of time! :o

Edit: not updating until forced.
Akmawmaw

I don't think a Sim would get trapped that way. A visitor isn't in the actual town, just a copy of it from the last a Cloud save that you visit.

I have a Facebook account for gaming, Cyril Fletcher. Its town isn't updated, and has a lot of SP goals pre-done. If you friend that account on FB, I'll post you a list of the houses to visit to get the goals done on arrival!
It'll be a few weeks before I access this again, to fix a couple of goals, so will be available until then.

Cyril
Thanks. I sent a request.
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

Well, I've given the update a few days. Don't like it.

I've experienced for myself the new purpose/logic underlying the game: threaten players with the cattle prod of death/unwanted aging in the hopes they'll pay up. And it sucks. A game that tries to motivate players by driving them to avoid punishment - as opposed to receiving positive reinforcement - literally sucks the joy and good feeling out of game play. In fact, there is no play. Not in the true sense of the word.

I'm glad I updated though. Before I updated, I was playing a lot, noticed they had a lot of new ad partners in the rotation. Even though I didn't like what I'd read of their new update, as an active player, I was still contributing to their ad base. I'm gonna tie up some loose ends, then cut back on the game. Maybe completely. I'll check out the next update to see if they fix it. If they don't, I'm deleting SFP from my devices.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:Well, I've given the update a few days. Don't like it.

I've experienced for myself the new purpose/logic underlying the game: threaten players with the cattle prod of death/unwanted aging in the hopes they'll pay up. And it sucks. A game that tries to motivate players by driving them to avoid punishment - as opposed to receiving positive reinforcement - literally sucks the joy and good feeling out of game play. In fact, there is no play. Not in the true sense of the word.

I'm glad I updated though. Before I updated, I was playing a lot, noticed they had a lot of new ad partners in the rotation. Even though I didn't like what I'd read of their new update, as an active player, I was still contributing to their ad base. I'm gonna tie up some loose ends, then cut back on the game. Maybe completely. I'll check out the next update to see if they fix it. If they don't, I'm deleting SFP from my devices.
Jane - keep it on your device if there is room. Please? :roll: Or not; obviously no pressure. I just wanted to let you know I hope you will keep some possibility of return. I may be doing the same thing, as my device has plenty of storage. I think I'm basically an optimist, and think they will make the game fun again.

I totally agree with you - it's not fun anymore, and I'm bugged that when I open the game I am giving them ad revenue. I have so many Sims because of the baby glitch that there have been things I've been willing to do prior to leaving the game, or prior to leaving all Sims with un-used birthday cakes over their heads. Then I might just design houses for the imaginary game I wish SFP was. :?

The problem with that plan is they still get ad revenue from me without creating a good game.

But I so hope that folks like you will keep their games alive at least to some minor extent in case FM does fix the game. I think the cloud save lasts for a long time, so we could leave the game for an extended period, and still have the option to return if they get it together.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

blackbrit wrote: Jane - keep it on your device if there is room. Please? :roll: Or not; obviously no pressure. I just wanted to let you know I hope you will keep some possibility of return. I may be doing the same thing, as my device has plenty of storage. I think I'm basically an optimist, and think they will make the game fun again.

I totally agree with you - it's not fun anymore, and I'm bugged that when I open the game I am giving them ad revenue. I have so many Sims because of the baby glitch that there have been things I've been willing to do prior to leaving the game, or prior to leaving all Sims with un-used birthday cakes over their heads. Then I might just design houses for the imaginary game I wish SFP was. :?

The problem with that plan is they still get ad revenue from me without creating a good game.

But I so hope that folks like you will keep their games alive at least to some minor extent in case FM does fix the game. I think the cloud save lasts for a long time, so we could leave the game for an extended period, and still have the option to return if they get it together.
Thank you, Brit. I feel like I got a lovely virtual pat on the back, and I appreciate it so much :D

I won't delete the game from my device for a long while. Didn't mean to be so alarmist, but guess I was a little het up :oops: Right now, the only active play that my game offers me is checking in on the six sims working toward orbs and having them repeat the same action every several hours. And seeing how this is the way it would be every day for months and months - until what? ... I'm not even sure anymore ... I just couldn't do it. I felt like a lab rodent being asked to push the same lever over and over again but for no immediate reward.

You're right that things might take a turn for the better, in which case I'll jump back on board. In the mean time, I hope you all keep playing as long as you get some personal enjoyment/pleasure out of it. I'll play vicariously through the adventures and travails of all your sims. Much love to ya! :)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I don't know about now, but when I started playing (at launch), real life interfered about 4 months later and I didn't play for almost a year. My game was still there, just as I had left it. I missed a lot of updates (construct-o-coins, the first Christmas, bunch of other stuff). I started playing again summer of 2013. Charlie was still there, and Ab and Rosie - I only had my first 6 or 8 Sims then, nobody had kids yet, no pre-teens or teens. Now I've got 29 (with one pending I'm at Level 48 with 29/30 Sims), 2 pre-teens, 4 teens and 2 toddlers.

I just started playing again and then did a cloud save, because I found this forum about a week after the FM site shut down (not that I had ever been on that anyway, I pretty much just played by myself, but the social goals were starting to pop and I didn't know anything about the party boat and neighbors). First thing I read was Perturbee's posts about setting up the forum and her reminder "Save to the Cloud." So I did :)

Unless they have royally messed up how it works, as long as you leave your game on your device, I'm assuming you can leave it for months, come back, open it, play for a few minutes - make them do something and then save it to the cloud. If you don't change your GC or FB account, it should re-save no matter how long it's been, right? BUT if you change your device or delete it from the device, I don't know how long you could wait to reinstall and then try to get your last save back. So I wouldn't delete, even if I stop playing for a few months. Even if we're not playing, maybe we should log on once a month and just save to the cloud to keep that activated?

I still haven't updated, and I won't unless forced to - at least not yet - closely watching Markmi and others who updated but did NOT start the quest to see if ignoring the quest completely allows us to NOT trigger the aging. Then, if / when they fix it and make it FUN again, I would do the quest so I could build the beach, maybe. Just maybe - depends on if I can keep my Sims or not - I want THEM to enjoy the beach - they've stuck with me all this time, they deserve the reward! I really don't care about the personalities and life dreams - sounds super boring anyway. I wish they had done like Sims 2 and let you assign personality by horoscope - some character traits were affected that way (messy, creative Pisces vs. neat freak Virgos). That was fun. I actually enjoyed Sims 2 more than Sims 3. Maybe I'll reinstall Sims2 on my laptop. Make it fun again.

I haven't seen any but the usual ads for Simpsons Tapped Out and Bejeweled Blitz and reminders to do the Sims survey or update (all of which I ignore and X out when the X appears).
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I don't know about now, but when I started playing (at launch), real life interfered about 4 months later and I didn't play for almost a year. My game was still there, just as I had left it. I missed a lot of updates (construct-o-coins, the first Christmas, bunch of other stuff). I started playing again summer of 2013. Charlie was still there, and Ab and Rosie - I only had my first 6 or 8 Sims then, nobody had kids yet, no pre-teens or teens. Now I've got 29 (with one pending I'm at Level 48 with 29/30 Sims), 2 pre-teens, 4 teens and 2 toddlers.

I just started playing again and then did a cloud save, because I found this forum about a week after the FM site shut down (not that I had ever been on that anyway, I pretty much just played by myself, but the social goals were starting to pop and I didn't know anything about the party boat and neighbors). First thing I read was Perturbee's posts about setting up the forum and her reminder "Save to the Cloud." So I did :)

Unless they have royally messed up how it works, as long as you leave your game on your device, I'm assuming you can leave it for months, come back, open it, play for a few minutes - make them do something and then save it to the cloud. If you don't change your GC or FB account, it should re-save no matter how long it's been, right? BUT if you change your device or delete it from the device, I don't know how long you could wait to reinstall and then try to get your last save back. So I wouldn't delete, even if I stop playing for a few months. Even if we're not playing, maybe we should log on once a month and just save to the cloud to keep that activated?

I still haven't updated, and I won't unless forced to - at least not yet - closely watching Markmi and others who updated but did NOT start the quest to see if ignoring the quest completely allows us to NOT trigger the aging. Then, if / when they fix it and make it FUN again, I would do the quest so I could build the beach, maybe. Just maybe - depends on if I can keep my Sims or not - I want THEM to enjoy the beach - they've stuck with me all this time, they deserve the reward! I really don't care about the personalities and life dreams - sounds super boring anyway. I wish they had done like Sims 2 and let you assign personality by horoscope - some character traits were affected that way (messy, creative Pisces vs. neat freak Virgos). That was fun. I actually enjoyed Sims 2 more than Sims 3. Maybe I'll reinstall Sims2 on my laptop. Make it fun again.

I haven't seen any but the usual ads for Simpsons Tapped Out and Bejeweled Blitz and reminders to do the Sims survey or update (all of which I ignore and X out when the X appears).
Thanks for such a thoughtful post, Hufflepuff Karen. It's made me thoughtful too and ask myself: why close off the option to continue the game down the road? So I just won't play, though I'll take your suggestion to save to the cloud periodically - maybe every other week. By then, the game should re-inspire all the sims automatically. Bonus!

Country crock. My game got a lot of banner ads for country crock. What sort of soulless gaming company sides with processed margarine spread over real butter? Says everything right there ;)
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

Microdot wrote:Game #1 is updated, while game #2 is not.
It's not possible to visit an updated town from a not updated town, while it's possible the other way.
Game #2 will be updated at some point.
I have updated, but I am still at level 20 so Death has not yet come knocking. I don't plan to answer that door. But the person whose reindeer farm I used to visit recently quit the game and they are no longer showing up on my Neighbor list. I have been fruitlessly searching for another. I tried searching for your name on FB to send you a friend request without success (I only use FB for this game so I am not very skilled at it). Can I prevail upon you to "friend" me or to tell me how to find you so I, too, can visit your reindeer?

Also, I am trying to find a fire hydrant in a neighbor's town without success. I tried looking at some smaller towns as I was forced to build one early on but no luck. Anyone have one I could visit?

I'm Krimson Delamber (krimson.delamber) on FB.

Thanks!