Life Dream Tasks: How long they take, how much they're worth

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Life Dream Tasks: How long they take, how much they're w

Post by telemwill »

sonlightmom wrote:My slowest life dream by far is "find the optimal speed with a slot car". My adult that is going this is the one who I gave the bronze life orb too that came from my senior who died doing the quest, so Felicity is working toward silver. She has been doing pretty much nothing bit watching the cars go around around with the exception of occasionally cleaning up & helping feed or bathe one of the toddlers that are working on life dreams in her house. She is about 50% towards aging up and still only 9% towards the silver orb!!! So slow!! I have 9 other Sims working on life dreams, some if which started after Felicity yet she has made the least amount of progress of anyone.
For instance, Julian whose only task is to go to work at the stadium each day, when he comes home this afternoon will be at 60% towards his bronze orb. Most of my other sims are in the 25-35% range. (And the other adults haven't aged as quickly as Felicity either!)

Just another reason why these life dreams are most likely a waste of time. Depending on how fast the life dreams progresses, there is no way to get to the next orb before the lovely Grim Reaper starts hanging around.
I have two Sims with this life dream. One advantage I have found is that these Sims never have any needs. Not sure if this is a glitch on my game or not, but I have them working together on one slot car track. I think it may be because the action is not completely finished until you check back with them. So it is something anyway.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

telemwill wrote:
sonlightmom wrote:My slowest life dream by far is "find the optimal speed with a slot car". My adult that is going this is the one who I gave the bronze life orb too that came from my senior who died doing the quest, so Felicity is working toward silver. She has been doing pretty much nothing bit watching the cars go around around with the exception of occasionally cleaning up & helping feed or bathe one of the toddlers that are working on life dreams in her house. She is about 50% towards aging up and still only 9% towards the silver orb!!! So slow!! I have 9 other Sims working on life dreams, some if which started after Felicity yet she has made the least amount of progress of anyone.
For instance, Julian whose only task is to go to work at the stadium each day, when he comes home this afternoon will be at 60% towards his bronze orb. Most of my other sims are in the 25-35% range. (And the other adults haven't aged as quickly as Felicity either!)

Just another reason why these life dreams are most likely a waste of time. Depending on how fast the life dreams progresses, there is no way to get to the next orb before the lovely Grim Reaper starts hanging around.
I have two Sims with this life dream. One advantage I have found is that these Sims never have any needs. Not sure if this is a glitch on my game or not, but I have them working together on one slot car track. I think it may be because the action is not completely finished until you check back with them. So it is something anyway.
You can have them working on the same object for the same dream? 'cause I have two sims with the dream involving the train set but I just have one :). And what you say is true: if they work constantly on their dream they don't have needs, the sim who's working with the train set hasn't even gone to the bathroom for like a week :P
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Yes, you can have two working together. It looks much more fun! You have to wait until the first Sim completes the action one time. He will be squatting down and then stand up. When he squats back down, you can start the second person.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

This is because the efficiency of the task decreases as you go through the orb hierarchy.
Or, to put it another way, the same task will yield less % towards your life dream working on a silver orb than it will do for just a bronze one.

So it is natural to find that the one you assigned the orb to is the one that is making the least progress.
Incidentally, you should have silver orb after completing the question and should therefore be working towards gold - this makes it even harder still!
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

I'm going to edit this post as I get additional info, as I've done with the Bronze Orb info on page 2 of this thread.

Life Dreams Toward Silver Orb

Toddler
a. "I want Dragons & Numbers read to me from a children's bookshelf," 3 hours 12 minutes, 828 XP, .5% toward Life Dream. (Geek personality.) (Takes the time of an adult to help with task.)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

telemwill wrote:Yes, you can have two working together. It looks much more fun! You have to wait until the first Sim completes the action one time. He will be squatting down and then stand up. When he squats back down, you can start the second person.
Thank you :)

Another question: if I have a sim with geek personality working towards a bronze orb and another sim who already has a geek bronze orb dies, can the first sim inherit the orb? or the orbs can only be inherited by sims with no personality?

Btw, the geek dreams are so repetitive! I have 10 geek sims and 3 of them have the same dream and another 2 of them share the same dream too :( and they're almost seniors with almost no percentage so I'm just letting them be and grow plants etc. (I need the simoleons too lol)
Tutti Frutti Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

calleighwolfe wrote:Another question: if I have a sim with geek personality working towards a bronze orb and another sim who already has a geek bronze orb dies, can the first sim inherit the orb? or the orbs can only be inherited by sims with no personality?
Yes and yes.

If you give it to a Geek working towards Bronze, the current progress is lost and starts with the given orb. (For example, Geek works on fresh orb towards Bronze, Senior dies with completed Silver orb, then giving it to the first will keep at the start of Silver and work towards Gold.)
Tests so far on my devices showed that the task does not change for the recipient. I.e. Geek working on Marathon Ms. Vampire Slayer keeps that task.

If you give it to a pre-update Sim, (s)he will get the Geek personality.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

calleighwolfe wrote:
telemwill wrote:Yes, you can have two working together. It looks much more fun! You have to wait until the first Sim completes the action one time. He will be squatting down and then stand up. When he squats back down, you can start the second person.

Another question: if I have a sim with geek personality working towards a bronze orb and another sim who already has a geek bronze orb dies, can the first sim inherit the orb? or the orbs can only be inherited by sims with no personality?

Btw, the geek dreams are so repetitive! I have 10 geek sims and 3 of them have the same dream and another 2 of them share the same dream too :( and they're almost seniors with almost no percentage so I'm just letting them be and grow plants etc. (I need the simoleons too lol)
My understanding is that they can receive the higher orb as an inheritance. I haven't been able yet to do that for myself, but may give it a try soon. (Edit: Looks like Peturbee beat me to the answer!) I have two geeks with the slot car dream. One wants to read stacks of comics, one wants to dream of the zombie apocalypse, one wants to work as a Scientist, and the preteen wants to blog about gaming on a computer. Before as a toddler, she wanted to read Dragons and Numbers. I guess it really is a matter of luck.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

telemwill wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:

My understanding is that they can receive the higher orb as an inheritance. I haven't been able yet to do that for myself, but may give it a try soon. (Edit: Looks like Peturbee beat me to the answer!) I have two geeks with the slot car dream. One wants to read stacks of comics, one wants to dream of the zombie apocalypse, one wants to work as a Scientist, and the preteen wants to blog about gaming on a computer. Before as a toddler, she wanted to read Dragons and Numbers. I guess it really is a matter of luck.
I've been lucky with the sports ones, I even got a couple where I can put the sims to work for 24h (diving and fishing) so everyday I get 10% without having to put them again and again (sometimes I forget... I have to do stuff in real life too lol).

Yup. Perturbee beat you xD. Thanks Perturbee for the answer and thanks to you too :)
Tutti Frutti Update
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

HordePrime wrote:
This is because the efficiency of the task decreases as you go through the orb hierarchy.
Or, to put it another way, the same task will yield less % towards your life dream working on a silver orb than it will do for just a bronze one.

So it is natural to find that the one you assigned the orb to is the one that is making the least progress.
Incidentally, you should have silver orb after completing the question and should therefore be working towards gold - this makes it even harder still!
This makes sense that the progress gets harder to obtain when they are working towards a higher orb, but poor Felicity is now about 65% towards aging up and still only at 10% progress towards her life dream. Unless when she becomes a senior she gets a life dream that progresses MUCH faster there is no way she's going to obtain that silver orb before she dies. I feel like I'm wasting my time with her and if I had known how slowly her life dream would progress I would have saved to the cloud and backed up and tried for a different one. Once again....another reason why this update is so maddening. I know I can use LP to keep her an adult longer, but even at that, with this life dream I don't think she can progress fast enough to complete it unless I keep her an adult over and over.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom