Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

Post by blackbrit »

Okay. I have been very clear I was not going to update to the Life Dreams update. I set my iPad to NOT auto update. I also set my apps page in iTunes to NOT update SFP. There is a new iOS update, and prior to installing those I always do a backup to my computer. I did this, being very sure that SFP was set to NOT update (I was tempted to set it to "Remove" which I now think I should have done.)

When I came back to my iPad to install the iOS update, SFP had also updated! I have a cloud save, but am unsure whether I can delete this update by resetting and downloading my latest save.

Does anyone know?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

Post by blackbrit »

I tried it. I lost three hours of gameplay, and didn't lose the update. I am on the Life Dreams update, much to my disgust. It is still there! I have updated. Warning to everyone: This should not have happened! It is contrary to all my prior experiences with updates to apps on the iPad. I checked the updates list twice to make sure it was set to not update, and my iPad, to made sure it, too, was set to not auto update.

I feel sick.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

blackbrit wrote:Okay. I have been very clear I was not going to update to the Life Dreams update. I set my iPad to NOT auto update. I also set my apps page in iTunes to NOT update SFP. There is a new iOS update, and prior to installing those I always do a backup to my computer. I did this, being very sure that SFP was set to NOT update (I was tempted to set it to "Remove" which I now think I should have done.)

When I came back to my iPad to install the iOS update, SFP had also updated! I have a cloud save, but am unsure whether I can delete this update by resetting and downloading my latest save.

Does anyone know?
Thanks for this warning! I'll hold back any updates until I'm ready.

Resetting and download won't work, I fear. I tried this after I did the first baby-glitch and failed, but there was still the updated game :(
Maybe it'll work with downloading your iPad backup from your computer?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Sorry double post :oops:
Last edited by ErinPW on 15 Mar 2014, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

blackbrit wrote:I tried it. I lost three hours of gameplay, and didn't lose the update. I am on the Life Dreams update, much to my disgust. It is still there! I have updated. Warning to everyone: This should not have happened! It is contrary to all my prior experiences with updates to apps on the iPad. I checked the updates list twice to make sure it was set to not update, and my iPad, to made sure it, too, was set to not auto update.

I feel sick.
:cry: So sorry for you :cry:
iOS 17.4.1

Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Oh, Blackbrit, I am so very sorry! I suspected something was happening when a poster on Facebook said it had had happened to her first thing this am.

I'll call my techie son and see if he can think of a way you can reset, but I'm afraid those of us who are not updating are on borrowed time. If we can't log into iTunes or update other apps without this crawling through the net, it is a sick state of affairs.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

ErinPW wrote:
blackbrit wrote:Okay. I have been very clear I was not going to update to the Life Dreams update. I set my iPad to NOT auto update. I also set my apps page in iTunes to NOT update SFP. There is a new iOS update, and prior to installing those I always do a backup to my computer. I did this, being very sure that SFP was set to NOT update (I was tempted to set it to "Remove" which I now think I should have done.)

Does anyone know?
Thanks for this warning! I'll hold back any updates until I'm ready.

Resetting and download won't work, I fear. I tried this after I did the first baby-glitch and failed, but there was still the updated game :(
Maybe it'll work with downloading your iPad backup from your computer?
Would I delete the app from my iPad first, then sync? I fear that the same thing would happen - the update appears to be on my computer, merged with my data. Or this is how it appears given what happened.

I had updated the Cat Kharma Retreat to 90 kitties. I'm pretty sure I'm back to 72 cats. But I apparently had saved my Reindeer Retreat, so that seems to have all 86 reindeer. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

I won't be visiting you for a long time I think, ErinPW.

I am so sorry, my other neighbors!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Minima wrote:Oh, Blackbrit, I am so very sorry! I suspected something was happening when a poster on Facebook said it had had happened to her first thing this am.

I'll call my techie son and see if he can think of a way you can reset, but I'm afraid those of us who are not updating are on borrowed time. If we can't log into iTunes or update other apps without this crawling through the net, it is a sick state of affairs.
Oh my; it has happened to others. I am going to post this on Perturbee's Facebook page now, while I digest what has just occurred to my used-to-be favorite game.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

ErinPW wrote:Sorry double post :oops:
Thanks, Erin. Not ROTFL, unfortunately. Need to get back to that place. As we have said before, it's just a game, right? Argh. :oops:
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Minima wrote:Oh, Blackbrit, I am so very sorry! I suspected something was happening when a poster on Facebook said it had had happened to her first thing this am.

That would be fantastic if he has any ideas. My equipment: Macbook Pro, on 10.9.2. iPad mini, retina display. iOS 7.0.6 (not going to install the latest update until I know I'm stuck with this app update.)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.